PDA

View Full Version : Why did they stop productionof VXs?

dkmiller68
05/13/2004, 08:27 PM
was it lack of sales?

Don

MZ-N10
05/13/2004, 08:46 PM
the vx wasnt ment to be a mass produced model....on top of tat they used some ceramic dies(sp?) to stamp out the sheet metal....
________
Web shows (http://livesexwebshows.com/)

Capri
05/13/2004, 09:20 PM
I think the price tag ($32,000) scared too many people off, Isuzu wasn't in the same 'image' as other limited production vehicles. Plus Vehicross is not a luxury car, unique style doesn't fit everyone, and i don't believe they did too much market research so they never produced that many.

Not quite a family car (hard to get back into back seats), out of date dashboard, truck-handling etc.

Despite all that, I'm glad there's a great community here full of passionated VX lovers :)

technocoy
05/14/2004, 07:38 AM
i guess if you are comparing it to a sportier car, but i have to say, i drove a 2001 at carmax after i bought my 99' that had the 18's with performance street street tires and i thought it handled like it was on rails (respectively). mine tends to be a bit boucier with the 16's and dual purpose 31's but it still handles better than most trucks/suvs and a few cars.

i know that wasn't your point, but had to throw in my two cents on that one, only because i was really impressed with the handling the first time i drove one.

technocoy

Capri
05/14/2004, 07:52 AM
good point about handling, to me it's truck-handling only comparing it to other luxurious SUVs out there at the time, the Lexus, Infiniti, Pathfinder, quiet engines, boring-about-to-fall-asleep bump absorption

t2p
05/14/2004, 08:24 AM
The handling is the primary reason I purchased a VX. It is the best handling SUV I have driven. A nice added plus is the impressive stopping power.
I had a Pathfinder that had great suspension - but the handling leaned (no pun intended) toward 'ponderous' - and the steering was less than desirable.
I then purchased an Explorer - that had poor suspension and poor handling. The quality and feel of the steering was good however. Quality shock absorbers improved the Explorer, but it is still not close to a VX.
I am impressed at the quality feel of the VX steering - especially considering it is the recirculating ball type.
I am also impressed with the handling of my 00 VX - with 'S' rated tires. I'm sure 'V' or 'Z' rated rubber would improve the feel and cornering ......... but at the expense of tread life ..... and then again, I might be tempted to push it a tad too much and end up on the roof .........