PDA

View Full Version : How many knew what it was?

dohvb1
05/12/2004, 01:30 PM
As a new VX owner, I am going through what I'm sure you all went through. Explaining to friends, family and coworkers what a Vehicross is. So far only 3 people actually knew of it's exsistance. A friend who worked with a guy who drove one to work. A coworker who has always wanted one since they came out and my hardcore mountain biking neighbor who saw a Proton in action at Moab a year or two ago. He was really impressed by their off-road capabilities. I was just wondering if those were similar to what you all faced or if I just leave in a sleepy town in the midwest that is out of touch.

Anyway I'm just rambling cuz I'm still really stoked about finally getting one so don't pay too much attention to me.

Mr. I-MAN
05/12/2004, 01:47 PM
GRAND HAVEN HUH. WHEN ARE TAKING IT TO SILVER LAKE DUNES TO REALLY BREAK IT IN?

JAFO
05/12/2004, 01:48 PM
When I first got mine, I was going throught the Jack-In-the-Box drive through here in McMinnville, OR. The guy at the window, early twenties, knew exactly what it was. He told me that several years back he drove to the Portland Auto show just to see it when it was touring as a concept vehicle.

I was supprised. Only person that I have run acrossed yet that knew what it was.

When people ask me what I drive, they reply "A what?" or "How do you spell that?".

I like being different.

Anita
05/12/2004, 01:54 PM
If you havent seen it, you should watch the Isuzu produced video on the VX. Thanks to Ed Yavno, we can watch it from his website. A must-see for all VX owners and those who love the VX.

http://www.yavno.info/vx_video/vx_video.html

username: vehicross
password: isuzuvideo

;Dr;

dohvb1
05/12/2004, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by Mr. I-MAN
GRAND HAVEN HUH. WHEN ARE TAKING IT TO SILVER LAKE DUNES TO REALLY BREAK IT IN?

Although I've had various Toyota trucks through the years, I've never made it to Silver Lake. I know quite a few who go but for some reason or another never have went. Maybe I was just waiting to get the right vehicle. Of course, if a little VX get together was set up there I might have to go finally check it out.

nocturnalVX
05/12/2004, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by dohvb1
Although I've had various Toyota trucks through the years, I've never made it to Silver Lake. I know quite a few who go but for some reason or another never have went. Maybe I was just waiting to get the right vehicle. Of course, if a little VX get together was set up there I might have to go finally check it out.

Welcome to the family! Be sure to post the info here when you Michigan VXers decide to hit the dunes. There's a pretty good Midwest Isuzu/VXer community that I'm sure would be up for a meet like that.

Ripper
05/13/2004, 05:02 AM
It is good to see another Michigander joining our ranks. I'm sure
driving down the lake strip you will get some looks as you pull
up to all the old school muscle cars and riced up imports. I sure do
enjoy mine and kicks butt over my Jeep Cherokee. If I see ya
at the state park I will definitely say HI.

Have Fun

dohvb1
05/13/2004, 06:58 AM
Ripper are you the Black VX that classic stereo told me they just put a big complete system in?

Capri
05/13/2004, 07:39 AM
It's finally getting warm here in Michigan....:D

Mr. I-MAN
05/13/2004, 08:02 AM
COOL, Lets set up a mid-west sand dune meet.

Anybody in Chi-town up for a 4 hr drive?

Ripper
05/13/2004, 09:19 AM
I wish I was that Black VX since I'm looking into getting a sound system for my ride, but it wasn't me. I should stop by Classic to inquire.HMMM.
For any Michigan Vxers, I would be in for a local meet if it
comes to be.

mrtew
05/13/2004, 08:15 PM
If anyone wants to see a couple pictures that capture a little of the beauty of the Silverlake dunes and the VehiCROSS check out my site. All the sand ones are taken there, the ones in the second row down and the first one in the third row. Everyone there looked at me very strange and swore they'd never seen nuthin like that there Ve-hick-el before. They'd probably just die if they saw a whole caravan of VX's approaching!

http://home.wideopenwest.com/~mrtew/VXpix.html

theericharris
05/13/2004, 08:49 PM
I've been at Silver Lake the last two July 4ths and plan on going again this year. We get a big group of people and camp at one of the local sites. It's awesome! Nothing but a weekend of being completely wasted and driving 4x4's around the dunes (well, except the driver :P)

Hopefully I'll have a VX by then. Last year I saw two VX's out there, a yellow and silver one.

Here's a pic of the silver one:

http://www.jhayes.net/PhotoGallerySilLake/vieicross.jpg