PDA

View Full Version : VX vs tercel.......the long story

rainee25
05/10/2004, 09:16 AM
I am so pissed right now, yesterday we were in a minor accident, (VX vs toyota tercel), with undoubtedly illegal mexicans. They were complaining, did you see how she hit her head. I said yes, did she have her seat belt on. They go quite for a minute and say oh yes, what do we do now. We said well the police are on the way.......we checking out the damage to the VX which luckly was just suspension, they hit our drivers tire square on...no plastic damaged!(so the VX won the battle). And they went back to their car, I noticed him leaning against the back of his car doing something, but didn't thank anything else of it......well needless to say he was back there covering his liscence plate, jumped in his car and took off. The maddening thing is, I went over to the car while I was talking to 911 to tell her what kind of car it was, and didn't even think to get the plate #'s. I call 911 immidiately and say they were fleaing the scene. She made it sound as if there were a cop right in that area, and said we'll get someone there right away............an hour and a half later....thought they might have got them by how long they were taking.....two hours later.........I called 911 back and said we are still waiting for a police to come here as our car is undrivable. FINALLY an officer came, didn't do much though. Just said well I can't do anything for you as they left the scene. I wanted to tell him sure there is, you could have went when the report was called in and tried to catch him, garaunteed not 1 police went around the area to get them!!! You couldn't have missed a smashed car with a black bag over the plates............why don't we pull a few of the troops out other countries and place them at our own boarders? Thousands of US citizen can't get jobs, because the illegals work for cheap....we have to start addapting to their language becaus they won't learn english.....If they want to live in America and be free, they need to go fight for it for 2 years, then they can have it!!

Sorry, I just needed to vent.......this was not ment to offend any race, just my opionion, we need less illegal immagrants!

Now to the damage, where is everyone getting their custom tie rods? We'll have to assess the damage more and see what else in needed........Thanks ;eekr;

Capri
05/10/2004, 09:32 AM
I start carrying one of those cheapie cameras in the glove department, in case something like this happens, or some damage dispute..sorry to hear!

Jim98122x
05/10/2004, 09:33 AM
They may have done you a favor. If it's now covered on your Uninsured Motorists coverage, your deductible repair costs may be a lot cheaper. That happened to me in a fender bender where the other driver turned out to be on expired insurance. My deductible was $100 instead of $500.

I would have loved to see them flea the scene. There must have been a lot of itchy people around.

rainee25
05/10/2004, 09:39 AM
How could I forget, I will need a wheel center cap for the 16" wheels, any info would be great.

The camera thing is a great idea! And it is probably better that he left, even better that my husband didn't catch up to the car!!

Triathlete
05/10/2004, 10:07 AM
The only "custom tie rods" I know of were made by Swordy. I think you could probably get most cutom fab shops to whip some up also. As far as the wheel cap. My local dealer (Royal "ripoff" Isuzu in Tucson) wanted $179 for one. I got a used one HERE (http://www.allhyundaiisuzuparts.com/) for $45.

Jim98122x
05/10/2004, 10:48 AM
If you have trouble finding low cost parts-- does it really matter what it costs? You have to pay your deductible anyway, and your insurance company should pay the rest.

On the other hand-- if they pay for a new part, and you can find a used one, you could re-coup your dedictible so you'd have little or no out-of-pocket.

rainee25
05/10/2004, 11:10 AM
We are trying to avoid the insurance mess....we are fully covered, but I 'd rather try to fix it myself. Even if my deductible was $100 after the uninsured motorist coverage, I can get a tie rod from allhyundaiisuzuparts.com for $45 and the wheel center cap for $45 also.

Heck, I've got to get it aligned, so I might as well buy my new springs, crank the torsion bars, and do the ball joint flip before the alignment RIGHT?!!!!! Where is the best place to get the OME springs?
;Dr; Thanks for all the help!!

WormGod
05/10/2004, 11:44 AM
That sucks rainee. I had the same thing happen in an accident some years ago with my old VX. I was hit head on by a drunk, illegal immigrant, but he didnt live through it to find himself on the deportation bus. As maimed as I ended up after the accident, I still feel no remorse for his outcome. After all is said and done, I ended up having to go through my health and auto insurance for damages and recovery. The state of Maryland offers me NOTHING since this guy was illegal and had no license or insurance. The car wasn;t even his. It belonged to his cousin, who fled back to Peru the following day. So, with titanium implants and huge bills to pay back, I will always be a victim of illegals in the country. :(

Good luck on your repairs. Just remember, it could have always been worse.

rainee25
05/10/2004, 01:49 PM
How true it is that, when ever you think you've got it hard, someone always has it harder. Always makes you grateful for what you have. I am very lucky that none of us were injured, and not extrememly bad damage to my VX. Thanks for your post! WormGod I feel terrible for what you had to go through. Guess we can only keep on truckin'......

azskyrider
05/10/2004, 07:17 PM
Hey Rainey,

Sorry to hear about your accident but just because they looked Mexican doesn't mean that they were illegal. They could have been from another Latin country but calling people for instance Japanese to all Asian decent doesn’t mean they are from Japan. You would also be surprised how many are in the armed forces compared to Caucasian but you won't see them on TV because that is not the Americans the world knows. The US people do not want to see that. Try to get a “non” Latino workers to pick produce in the fields for pennies. Replace that with minimum wage and that salad you are eating will cost more than that T-bone steak. Next time you go to a restaurant then take a look at the chefs. Authentic I don’t think so. While you see non latino foreman’s who are the ones doing all the work? That cleaning of the yard would cost more than what you are paying today if they paid them minimum. Most are Latinos because most won’t complain, will always say YES to overtime and do what no body else wants to do. This then passes the savings to the consumer so the company can still make more money.
And they are not here to be "FREE". They are here to support their families back home. There is Freedom in Latin countries. They are a Democracy.

I think you got a raw deal but if anyone doesn't have insurance then I believe they will most likely leave. I understand your frustration and what your emotions are now. But before making comments I would stop and ponder.

Good luck on your repair and I hope for a better outcome.

nater
05/10/2004, 10:15 PM
rainee25, my friend was in a wreck with illegal mexican here in Boulder, Colorado. The guy had no license and no insurance and practically totalled her Xterra. She actually agreed not to call the cops and let him work off the repair. Believe it or not, the guy managed to scare up the $16,000 a few months later. I couldn't believe it, I thought she would never get paid.

Another friend was hit down in Denver. My buddy got the insurance, license, and license plate from the guy. EVERYTHING turned out to be stolen or forged. (White guy, very polite).

I like the camera idea, although I wonder if someone with fake license and insurance and stolen plate might also be quite dangerous when the shutter clicks.

Happy motoring!

Keep the shiny side up!

Nate

Mr. I-MAN
05/11/2004, 08:13 AM
Most cooks are latino, yes. Chefs hell no. If they don't have money to pay for car insurance how the hell are they going to have the money to pay for culinary school ( which is the only to become a true chef). On another note the armed forces comment is right on. In the Corps I served with alot of latinos and all were great Marines. We had this joke in the Corps that USMC stood for Uncle Sam's Mexican Cavalry.

Capri
05/11/2004, 10:48 AM
I dont' see too many local joints have authentic 'chefs' that went to culinary schools...

>>if someone with fake license and insurance and stolen plate might also be quite dangerous when the shutter clicks.

I don't think they'll stop in the first place if they do have a fake license/insurance/plate

rainee25
05/11/2004, 11:18 AM
The sad thing is, we just get screwd!!! The cops can't or won't do anything, we have to fork out the money for fixes, and the others.....well they just get to run away from it all.

colmhd
12/16/2006, 02:01 PM
That's why it's called INSURANCE

TEN36VX
12/16/2006, 02:49 PM
Tierods (http://www.independent4x.com/item.jhtml?UCIDs=839915%7C1109486&PRID=1549279)

Take it easy on the cops. Possibly a dispatch error given the time elapse, which wouldn’t make it the officer's fault. And sometimes we get busy with things like kidnap carjackings, domestic violence, and child molest (all things which occurred on my shift last night) which burns up a lot of our time... Remember that just about every department is severely short staffed, working at or below minimums, because our city/county feels the budget would be better spent elsewhere. Trust me, I don’t like running call-to-call with little or no back up.
Don’t like it? Write your local governing body (city counsel, board of supervisors).

As for the illegals... Not that I totally disagree with you, but occupying a position and taking a position (from someone else who wants it) can be two entirely different things. If you want to pick lettuce 12 hours a day there are openings in Salinas, every day.

Jonnie
12/18/2006, 07:26 AM
You would also be surprised how many are in the armed forces compared to Caucasian but you won't see them on TV because that is not the Americans the world knows. The US people do not want to see that.

Yeah, its a way to get citizenship. Non-citizens in the US Military.
http://usmilitary.about.com/od/theorderlyroom/l/aacitizen1.htm
http://immigration.about.com/od/uscitizenshiprequirements/i/MilitCitizenIss.htm

Try to get a “non” Latino workers to pick produce in the fields for pennies.

Really? I am a software engineer and when the economy wasn't so great I dug ditches, not kidding.

And they are not here to be "FREE". They are here to support their families back home.

Nice. That was echoed on a TV program about people illegally here really did not want to be here, but it was for the money. Fine, break laws to do what you want.