PDA

View Full Version : Chicagoland VXers... D&B meet!

nocturnalVX
05/09/2004, 03:04 PM
Calling all Chicagoland VXers! This Saturday, May 15th, we'll be getting together at Dave & Buster's in Addison at 6PM. Just a little gathering for food, drink, and GAMES! Oh yeah... and to show off our VXes! Who has had their VehiCROSS detailed since the Spring run in Indiana? Who still has Badlands dirt caked on their VX? Hmmmmmm? Hope to see you there!

D&B Addison, IL location map (http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?country=US&countryid=250&addtohistory=&searchtab=address&searchtype=address&address=1155+N+SWIFT+ROAD&city=addison&state=IL&zipcode=&search=++Search++)

yal^
05/09/2004, 05:52 PM
Man, it takes way too long to reply to all those posts. LOL

Gill, I'll be there. Thanks for putting it togheter.

FIEND
05/09/2004, 06:35 PM
Well the 15th I will be in Lima Ohio for the sparkleing truck show.I guess you guys can play house of the dead 2 and have a Killian's for me.Just toast real loud so I can hear you there...LOL.Of course I will prolly be blitzed anyhow so....cool.I'll catch you guys at some point.

yal^
05/09/2004, 06:41 PM
You see John, the whole thing is we need to get prepared for your visit. Since you want to get hammered we need a bit of training, to keep up with you. Remember me and two (or was it three?) buds? Better condition needed, or it could get scary... ;)

doubleadesign
05/09/2004, 08:15 PM
Well, even though D&B is showing it's age I'll go and try to bring some friends. Though non-VXers we can all have fun. I'm down, and I'll be showing off the new summer bling-bling. Oh! And the tiny dent I discovered after the meet! Gah! My baby has a scar! Oh, and those considering the trip Addison is a better choice than downtown Chicago. There is plenty of parking in Addison. So we can stand around our rides and show off!

SGT.BATGUANO
05/09/2004, 09:30 PM
Hi gang,

Regretably can't make this one.

I'll be in Orlando visiting an ill relative.

Next time,

Mike

FIEND
05/10/2004, 06:39 AM
Originally posted by yal^
You see John, the whole thing is we need to get prepared for your visit. Since you want to get hammered we need a bit of training, to keep up with you. Remember me and two (or was it three?) buds? Better condition needed, or it could get scary... ;)

You guys better practice...LOL.

Well when I come up I hope to stay some what sober...don't want to forget anything good...LOL.Yes Kasia...2 Buds and you were getting in bad shape...of course it was Bud...nasty stuff.

yal^
05/10/2004, 06:19 PM
... and I was tired as hell, and upset quite a bit too, and had a long drive home to take... I'll get better, I promise. But good to know, you'd prefer to remeber everything from your visit here. I'll behave myself then ;Do;

Oh, Mike: we have yet to see your VX. I thik it's time to come out and show off those shiny wheels and a lift. Make us all look plain and average. LOL

omegavx
05/10/2004, 08:31 PM
Wish I could make it, but I have to work this weekend :( Looking forward to June 26th meet.

FIEND
05/11/2004, 08:08 AM
I am beginning to think Mr. Batguano...Mike,if you will....does not exist.Every run and every meet I see him post up and yet never appears.

LMAO...nah.Hopefully Mr. Batguano can make it down to the Badlands in June.I have already posted him as a maybe...LOL.

Anita
05/11/2004, 08:41 AM
There are pics in the gallery of the elusive Sgt...but is it really him?.... hmmmmmmmm

yal^
05/11/2004, 01:07 PM
Well, we had a pleasure to meet Mike sometime in December last year, if I am not mistaken. It was right after he purchased (?) his second VX, and was awaiting it's delivery to Chicago. From what I understood it was that wicked looking Proton - if anyone remebers, with 500 miles on it - of eBay few months back. I am curious about it since it came with all sorts of mods, but still no sight of it yet.

Mike, I want to see!!! C'mon, make me feel bad, and show up already with that spiffy rig.

yal

nocturnalVX
05/12/2004, 01:12 AM
Looks like we'll have a decent crew so far, but would like to see more! I repeat... this is a non-off-road VXer meet. No trees or boulders to dodge. No mud/water/sand to sink into. Just VXers telling each other how cool these rides are (maybe a little crying over not making Moab this year, but we'll try to keep that at a minimum). See you there!

Mr. I-MAN
05/12/2004, 08:02 AM
which D&B are we meeting at and what time?

doubleadesign
05/12/2004, 12:31 PM
It's out towards Woodfield. Plenty of parking the movies (Marcus Addison) are nearby. I'm not too sure of a time either. 6? 7?

yal^
05/12/2004, 12:46 PM
6 pm
Sorry, I insisted on such early meet. Need to be home early.
I'll try to be there a bit earlier, but God knows I'm always late, so maybe I just make it on time LOL

shoota77
05/12/2004, 06:45 PM
Man! I'll be missing you guys by a day or two...I'm driving to Chicago (Lake Forest) after a tournament in Toronto to visit some friends from this sunday to tuesday or wednesday...if you see a VX with Alaska plates be sure to wave!

nocturnalVX
05/12/2004, 07:04 PM
:fyi:

Originally posted by nocturnalVX
Calling all Chicagoland VXers! This Saturday, May 15th, we'll be getting together at Dave & Buster's in Addison at 6PM. Just a little gathering for food, drink, and GAMES! Oh yeah... and to show off our VXes! Who has had their VehiCROSS detailed since the Spring run in Indiana? Who still has Badlands dirt caked on their VX? Hmmmmmm? Hope to see you there!

D&B Addison, IL location map (http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?country=US&countryid=250&addtohistory=&searchtab=address&searchtype=address&address=1155+N+SWIFT+ROAD&city=addison&state=IL&zipcode=&search=++Search++)

Just to clear up a little confusion regarding where & when this meet is taking place, I thought I'd re-post the announcement. :rolly: :winky:
Plus, Kasia let me know that my link to Mapquest was no good, but it's fixed now. :smack:
Thanks Throttle Jockey!

AnalogVX
05/12/2004, 08:37 PM
I'll be there! I will be with child...that cool? We'll hang for a bit, have some pizza and play a few games.

Yea, this is Addison this time and not Schaumburg...right?

nocturnalVX
05/12/2004, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by AnalogVX
I'll be there! I will be with child...that cool? We'll hang for a bit, have some pizza and play a few games.

Yea, this is Addison this time and not Schaumburg...right?

:homer: mmmmm... pizza!

Cool Rich! Yes, this time it's at D&B (not Gameworks in Schaumburg), and it'll be cool seeing Darcy again. I hope she's not a ringer you're bringing to beat us all on the games!

yal^
05/13/2004, 12:53 PM
Gill you are very welcome.
And thank you for leaving me a msg. God, I would've missed it!!! :freek: LOL

Rich, of course it's cool, what kind of question is that?

shoota77: pm me if you want to meet up anyway, even for a minute or so. Just so our VXs say hello to eachother LOL Maybe we can get Gill and rest to gather in one place for a very mini meet sometime in those days you will be here.

AnalogVX
05/15/2004, 01:41 PM
Looking forward to seeing everyone again...

And to answer your question Gil, I just detailed my VX today! I'm sure if we look hard enopugh, we can find some Indiana mud as well as some of last years Moab sand.:D

yal^
05/15/2004, 01:46 PM
I didn't even get to cleaning my VX for tonight.
And trust me, there still is plenty of mud from Badlands in my truck...
I'll se you all in a few ;Do;

doubleadesign
05/18/2004, 05:54 AM
I missed you guys! I had some stuff come up and I had to help out some friends with work stuff. So, Iwas working while everyone was having fun.

AnalogVX
05/18/2004, 10:04 AM
Yea, my daughter and I had a pretty good time.
It got late FAST!. It was good seeing everyone again.

yal^
05/18/2004, 12:36 PM
You can blame it on me... LOL
I am sorry again for breaking records in being late. Thx for being there anyway. Hope to spend more time with you all when we get togheter again. :)

Mr. I-MAN
05/18/2004, 02:25 PM
DAMMIT AARON I WANTED TO SEE YOUR 20 INCH BLING BLING RIMS.

doubleadesign
05/18/2004, 03:19 PM
There is always next time. or we can get together for a movie. double date or triple, etc. if others want to go. we see a lot of first showings if we get a chance.