PDA

View Full Version : I would be a redneck if.........

azskyrider
05/06/2004, 04:22 PM
:D NC VX, I saw your picture of a sofa on your VX. It reminded me of my younger days and then today I saw the unthinkable. A BMW 525 with a sofa on its roof! I usually carry a camera but this time I did not :mad:

Mind you this was not an old Bimmer. This was an expensive 2002 model with no Roof racks. This guy must have been a Redneck who won the lottery.

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/510vxsofa.jpg

NC_VX
05/07/2004, 07:28 AM
That's a very scary thought, ya know, its aleather couch from Ikea under there? Doesn't that qualify me for something other then a redneck?

I moved from California (15 years) to Utah (3 years) to Virginia (3 years) to NC (currently)... I still think I have Cali in me, but my friends from back home say I sound like I am from the south, but people from the south say I sound like I am from Cali... Since it was a tie, maybe this damn couch on the car is the proof that I did become a redneck. .. Holy Crap, I actually watched the NASCAR race (last 45 laps) over last weekend too.... Dude, this can't be... wait, at least I still say Dude!!!!

azskyrider
05/07/2004, 09:36 AM
Originally posted by NC_VX
.. Holy Crap, I actually watched the NASCAR race (last 45 laps) over last weekend too....

On my way back from my honeymoon last year we were stuck in the section of the plane of 20 Nascar fans coming to Phoenix for a race. Boy are these guys motor heads and hard care OEM diehards. I use to watch Nascar when I was a kid but left when it became more glamour.Nascar wasn't as huge as it is now. What I learned from that trip was that they all had true friendship and were from all walks of life. All connected via the internet and web forums.

The most memorable event when I was younger was during the last race of the year where Dale Earnhardt was a lap down and he put the hammer down. Through each turn he was smoking those tires at speed and on the mic you can hear them telling the lead driver that he was catching up. The laps were winding down and in the end Earnhardt won. Everyone thought that his tires smoking in each turn would not hold up and he would wreck but they never slipped. In the end he stated that because of this race that next year the rules will change and they did in the form of restrictor plates.

yeah.. I am a little Redneck too.
:D

Kahuna
05/07/2004, 09:36 AM
(must speak in a spacolli accent - valley girls) Fur sure dude! Like, no waves on the east coast man! Like, me and my friend hit the green room and totally got nailed, my stick cracked in two and I'm like totally fippin out. Your right you sound like a southern.:supercool

azskyrider
05/07/2004, 09:47 AM
Originally posted by Kahuna
(must speak in a spacolli accent - valley girls) Fur sure dude! Like, no waves on the east coast man! Like, me and my friend hit the green room and totally got nailed, my stick cracked in two and I'm like totally fippin out. Your right you sound like a southern.:supercool

My wife and I better practice on our speach then before we meet you in San Diego this summer.:)

Triathlete
05/07/2004, 12:42 PM
Kahuna...as a big fan of "Fast Times At Ridgemont High" I must correct you. Like oh my gawd! Jeff Spicolli was not in Valley Girls!;Dy;

Kahuna
05/07/2004, 02:06 PM
I'm soooo embarrassed! I knew that! How could I make sure a rookie mistake! Dammmm, I think I'll go surfing...just to punish myself!