PDA

View Full Version : Greetings

hamslayer
05/06/2004, 12:34 PM
Hey,

I just moved to OREEEEGON a few years back from SanDiego.
Man am I home sick! I found this page today and wanted to get in the loop. Are any events going on in OR or do I neeed to move back to CA?

Peace,
Hamslayer

Dallas4u
05/06/2004, 01:56 PM
Hey man, welcome! Oh, and it's Orygun...

Not much going on here except beautiful weather and no rain!!

azskyrider
05/06/2004, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by Dallas4u
Hey man, welcome! Oh, and it's Orygun...

Not much going on here except beautiful weather and no rain!!

Enjoy the weather. In the land of the SUNDEVIL there is NO RAIN and you can dry clothes faster in your car than with a dryer. Just roll them windows down on the freeway and let the HOT air dry them up.

Good thing San Diego is close by

:D

Teckhardt
05/06/2004, 08:00 PM
You can always come up to Seattle and visit your fellow NW VXers!

Kahuna
05/06/2004, 09:56 PM
There is nothing in Oregon!! Nothing I tell you. Now on the other hand in San Diego temps are.........well, very hot! But I live near the beach so the cool ocean breeze is just to die for. Let me know when you come down to visit your old stomping ground. There's a couple of us that will be getting together real soon. A sorta mini-meet.

Anyhow...WELCOME!;Db;

tomcat837
05/06/2004, 10:05 PM
Ham, where in Oregon do you stay, and why in the WORLD did you move there? Anyway, I have a friend that just moved there, in Redmond, and he loves it. Let me know and I can put you in touch so that you are not too bored. My friend doesn't own a VX but he loves mine!

Dallas4u
05/07/2004, 08:27 AM
Guys guys GUYS!!! Knocking Oregon makes you sound so jealous!

Besides, you know you CA guys and gals will move to Portland one day... it seems inevitable. It's one of the reasons the cost of living has increased so much... thanks CA!

Kahuna
05/07/2004, 08:34 AM
Funny thng you mentioning Portland. My uncle live there for years when I was just a little kahuna. My dad used to make me and my brother work on his farm. For a kid that has Asthma, I have NO fond memories of Portland. Just damp sheep and way too much straw. But it is very green there.

Dallas4u
05/07/2004, 09:27 AM
Wow... I guess back then they may have had farms in the city of Portland. Now days, not too sure where... maybe outside the city limits somewhere.

Portland is damp for around 9 months out of the year (part of fall, winter, and part of spring), on average. Since my wife and I have been here (1.5 years) it has been above normal in temp and drier than normal... they say it doesn't happen often... right. We moved here from Dallas. I was getting sick of the heat, flatness, and other things. I'm an avid mountain biker and love outside sports. You really only have a few months out of the year to do anything in Dallas (and many places in Texas) before the heat and humidity hit. In the Portland area I can do ANYTHING almost ALL year round. Want to ski/snowboard... Hood is 45 minutes. Bike? Forest Park (largest city park in the country) is downtown, Post Canyon (Gorge) is 45 minutes, and there are NUMEROUS places all OVER the area. Kayak? The Willamette and Columbia rivers are here. Wind surfing? People come from all over the US come to wind surf in the Gorge. The coast is only an hour away. Screw the rain... it's a mist most of the time, and never down-pours like it does in Texas. If you have low self-esteem or hate rain, don't move here. Other than that, I ride in the rain and love it! Hell, if they get 2 - 3 inches in a couple days it's a MONSOON!

There aren't many other places than Portland for me in the US (that I have found so far).

azskyrider
05/07/2004, 09:52 AM
Originally posted by Dallas4u
Guys guys GUYS!!! Knocking Oregon makes you sound so jealous!

Besides, you know you CA guys and gals will move to Portland one day... it seems inevitable. It's one of the reasons the cost of living has increased so much... thanks CA!

And I thought it was the TV show "OC" that drove the CA people out of the state.;eekb;

Dallas4u
05/07/2004, 10:01 AM
Originally posted by azskyrider
And I thought it was the TV show "OC" that drove the CA people out of the state.;eekb;

That show drives me to the bathroom.

tomdietrying
05/07/2004, 11:33 AM
Dallas4U,

How come when you were in Big "D" you never came to a meet? Just wondering.

Peace,
Tom

Dallas4u
05/07/2004, 12:20 PM
I don't know... can't remember. It probably sounds like I am (was) making excuses... I just can't remember. I've had to travel for work somewhat often over the past 4-5 years, so knowing if I'm going to be in town for certain things is always up in the air. I haven't had to travel too often for my current job, but when I travel I always seem to be gone for extended periods... I has in Perth Amboy, NJ for a month, 2 times over the past year... so 2 months total. THAT SUCKED!