PDA

View Full Version : How Loyal are you to your VX???

VCAMILO
05/05/2004, 06:19 PM
I just turned down a relocation to Puerto Rico working with Toyota Financial because IBM ( the vendor) or Toyota would not pay for any relocating cost moving from Phoenix, Arizona. And I dont want to sell my VX. It would cost about 7k to get it there after import taxes. So the question is how loyal are you to your VX??? ;eekb; You know my VOTE! NEVER NEVER!

coachreed
05/05/2004, 06:26 PM
I'm not thinking so... I've had a lot of cars, even cars that I said I'd never get rid of... but I REALLY like my VX... and after all I've already been throught with it, I don't think I'll ever get rid of it! I'll mark my calender with this day and word that I'd never get rid of it! Later!

Coach... I mean Randy (I often forget who I really am) ;)
http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/406banner.jpg (http://www.geocities.com/ironmanvx2000)
Undergoing LS1 Conversion as we speak!
Click Image to Visit My Website!

Kahuna
05/05/2004, 08:37 PM
Boy, tough call. But unfortuantely your talking to sombody who wants to go and live in the Islands. I love my VX , but I know I can always buy another...and if I really wanted to, I would store the car at a family members. So, I say GO FOR IT!!!!

WormGod
05/05/2004, 08:50 PM
It's funny that you bring this up, cause I was just talking with some friends about winning the lottery. They were all talking about getting this car or that car, and I said I thought I would probably get the car of my dreams too.... but I would keep my VX. With the money, I could modify my VX into the image I always wanted it to, and it would probably surpass my dream car that sat in the garage next to it.

Yep, this VX aint goin nowhere if I can control it. ;)

Robert
05/06/2004, 04:38 AM
Well, talking about loyalty....
I am takikng my baby to Europe in spite of the following facts.
It will cost me $1,500 shipping and $9,000 (Yes, nine thousand!!)
registration fee, not mentioning the gas price that is $4.1 per gallon. (And no Isuzu service in the 600 miles area)
Is it love, loyalty or madness?
Name it what you want but there is only one real SUV and that is our baby the VX!

Robert

VCAMILO
05/06/2004, 07:55 AM
;Dr; ;Dr; ROBERT.. ;Do; :clap: Thats what Im talking about! :thumbup: Im sure some of our girlfriends or wives must think we are crazy!:yes:

Bantan
05/06/2004, 08:47 AM
Car note: $600 per month
Insurance: $400 per month
Gas: $160 per month
Parking: $140 per month

Thats $1300 total VX Expense per month not including routine oil changes, scheduled maintenance, & pampering at the Car Spa.

Got layed off from an 8yr old job, 2 months after getting my VX. Payed for my VX with credit cards while unemployed, and now after 3 years with 2 years worth of car loan payments left on my Vx and still in the hole from the last lay off I got layed off again yesterday from my present 2 year old job. If that aint Loyalty I don't know what is. Everyone I know thinks I'm an *** for keeping the VX.

Feeling I get from driving my VX................PRICELESS.

WormGod
05/06/2004, 09:52 AM
Just trying to picture, 30 years from now, driving down the road in my VX, with "Historic" tags on it. Heads are turning as a new generation of kids are like "Whoa, daddy, there's an old one! What is that!" And daddy will look at the VX, and then back at his kid and say, "I dunno."

;)

t2p
05/06/2004, 11:19 AM
WG:
That is - or almost is - true now.
This is one of the few 'current' vehicles .... unique vehicles .......... and maybe the only affordable one - that you can take to car show and not be out of place.
That (fact) alone speaks volumes ......
The VX already has a 'cult' following ................
t2p

AlaskaVX
05/06/2004, 11:36 AM
Haha Worm, when I talk to my freinds about winning the lottery I always say that I would have a VX built for the strip. one for the drags, one for offroad, one for rock crawling, and a daily driver! LOL Oh yeah almost forgot, I would have to have a show car. :D And if I had that much money I might just get my Shelby Cobra too.:)

Multimediaman
05/06/2004, 11:45 AM
VICTOR! Islands, water included? Hee Hee

You can store it at my place until you get back!!!!

Dallas4u
05/06/2004, 12:12 PM
Uuuuhhh, if I won the lottery, the VX would still be in the stable, but I'll be damned if it would be alone!!!

The VX would get the O2 treatment for sure!

By the way, there really are too many choices that haven't been listed in the poll... and the first two that are there (0% and 50%)are pretty much the same. I would do what it took to keep the VX, but I'm not sacrificing my way of life to keep it!

VehiP&J
05/06/2004, 01:54 PM
I have had numerous cars that I said I wouldn't sell and they all have gotten sold. I sit here thinking about that. Then I think about how I used to get a feeling of being normal driving my old cars. Everyday when i get up I look forward to driving the VX. I have yet to not want to drive it. Hell yesterday I found out I would be spending $500 on a new window and window rubber and instalation was i mad? yes because my wife go to drive the vx all day just to find that out not because I had to get it fixed. Me and my wife both fight over whos driving when we go anywhere. Hell I have talked my dad into trying to buy one. He is looking around and trying to pick one up. If it was up to us there would be at least 2 in my garage and one in my dads. People stair at me in disbelief when i ride bye. I live in the south and we have our fair share of jacked up trucks and the look on those guys faces when i go buy is priceless. The fact that wether young or old people allways want to talk to me about it whether it is while i am getting gas or putting groceries in the back. Every single person I know talks about it all the time. The guys at the tattoo shop ask me how my VX is when i talk to them not how i am doing they are worried about the car. Sorry for it being so long but I do not think my VX is going anywhere.

Heraclid
05/06/2004, 01:58 PM
Heck, if I won the lottery, I'd be out there in a New York minute modding the hell out of it! The LAST thing I'd do is replace it. As it is, I plan to keep it indefinitely. If I don't have the money to overhaul it one day, it will sit somewhere safe until I do. If it dies, it will be eventually resurrected. No ifs, ands, or buts about it. I agree with AlaskaVX - I'd probably get my hands on 4 or 5 of them and have them all individually tricked out for different purposes. And if I really hit the jackpot big (I know, it would help if I ever actually played), I'd trick out some of your VXs too. :-)

LeglizHemp
05/06/2004, 03:37 PM
Loyal enough that i bought a 2nd one after i tried to drive my '99 underwater like that stupid jeep commercial and hydro-locked the motor and totaled it. at least a new 2001 ended up only costing me 2 grand plus the insurance money. not a bad deal for a brand new Vehicross.

NC_VX
05/07/2004, 07:48 AM
So, at one point I was on the lower half of that pole. I started off loving every minute of it. I bought a S2000, and my Ducati and decided I wanted a Jeep instead. I hadn't listed the VX ever, but I started making (yes, I had to force her, she hated it from day 1, but it eventually grew on her and she was mad when I took it back) my wife drive it around since I traveled for work a lot. I dind't much care for the goofiness of the vehicle, like not having a trunk popper, hard to access rear seats, horrible rear view, sucky mileage.... I was looking at unloading it and realized I would have to take a sizeable loss to do that. I was STUCK with this freakin car..... BOOOM, one day I found this website. I only looked through it for about 30 minutes, mostly to see what "bad" stuff I could find about the car to add to my frustration with the huge loss I would take. A few weeks went by of me looking around and then I just got hooked. I found Tone, bought a lot of his stuff, had all these people explain how to fix, upgrade, clean, etc... Next thing you know, I was never happier about a car in my whole life. Yeah, I'm 24 but I've owned 25 vehicles, including 6 motorcycles. Now I can finally stop searching. yes, I like to look and I still desire to have other vehicles, but this is is, the VX is what tamed me, and not trying to be sappy, I really owe it all to you guys. I hated loosing money on cars, but I felt I had this disease where I lost interest, like a severe form of ADHD for adults.... But this was my medicine. It is so exciting to look forward to modding my VX and meeting all the other owners.... IN a nutshell, I WILL NEVER EVER SELL MY VX.. In fact, got a little one on the way (Oct due date). By then I hope to have a DVD screen in the front and a drop down screen in the back.... Barney, here we come!!!!!!

VCAMILO
05/07/2004, 12:22 PM
Bantan and NC-VX have great stories... But Bantan why so much on the insurance? WOW! My insuranceis only 130 a months with ZERO deductables.... WOW! You must be somewhere wack! and expensive. ;eekb; Sorry your bills are so much man!

Green Dragon
05/07/2004, 12:48 PM
I love my VX. I just don't worship it.

http://www.fototime.com/42BABCCC141FDE8/standard.jpg

Triathlete
05/07/2004, 01:08 PM
Nope Green Dragon...you do worship it....just in the proper way!:thumbup: http://www.wheelingarizona.com/forums/images/smiles/notworthy.gif

Moncha
05/07/2004, 03:15 PM
As most that have visited my site (http://www.moncha.com) I was not impressed with the VX at all! Laura thought it was the perfect icon to go with my personality. After I got a little more "accquainted" with my first VX, I really started to like it. When the 2000+ mode years came out and I saw the Proton Yellow, which happens to be my favorite color, I fell in love!
I know there will be other vehicles, I'm kind of partial to my Police interceptor right now but, I'll NEVER get rid of my little Moncha!!

Daver
05/07/2004, 04:10 PM
I used to think I'd never sell my truck, but lately I've been thinking about selling it more and more.

Seems like I only drive my car now. Faster, more comfortable...

Tough call. :confused:

-Daver

http://armstd.best.vwh.net/pics/M3-2/2004_05_04/IMG_0013-480cp.jpg

azskyrider
05/07/2004, 09:42 PM
Life is too short. Live and experience.. Experiencing new events your knowledge grows and then you will not be tied down to just one frame of thinking.

Peace,

Dallas4u
05/08/2004, 08:19 AM
Originally posted by Daver
-Daver

http://armstd.best.vwh.net/pics/M3-2/2004_05_04/IMG_0013-480cp.jpg

It's giving me a wicked smile... I love it!

dkmiller68
05/11/2004, 06:57 PM
When I bought my first VX 2 weeks ago, it was the first car I had bought in 30 years. . More accuratly, it was the first real car in 30 years...there were 2 clunkers and my 56 Willys CJ3B; but first car payment in 30 years. Now I think...this could well be the last car I ever own. I am 53 years old , my VX only has 37K miles and I look forward to the challenge of making it last forever. Maybe in 30 years I can say, "I've only bought 1 car in the last 60 years."

Jolly Roger VX'er
05/11/2004, 07:23 PM
I've had 10 vehicles during my life, and some I honestly believed would be around forever...however...none before the VX had lasted more than 5 yrs. Usually after 3 yrs I get bored and look for something else. My 2000 VX was purchased "new" in '01 so I've owned it 3 years now. My game-plan is to pay if off in 2yrs and add another vehicle to the stable...possibly a new Mustang or maybe just a Monte Carlo SS for a work car.

1)1969 Plymouth Roadrunner (5yrs.)
2)1982 Pontiac Trans Am (5yrs.) owned @ same time

3)1979 Ford Bronco 4X4 (5yrs.)
4)1989 Dodge Daytona (3yrs.) work car

5)1992 Dodge Daytona IROC R/T (2yrs.)

6)1996 Dodge Ram 4X2 pickup Starcraft Conversion (3yrs.)
7)1978 Chevy Monza Spyder 350V8 (3yrs.) work car

8)1995 Jeep Grand Cherrokee Limited (3yrs.)

9)2000 Isuzu "IronMan" VX (3yrs.) pleasure car
10) 1988 Pontiac Fiero Formula (4yrs.) work car

The only SUV I've seen out now that has sparked my interest is the Infinity FX45. They are rare in my neck of the woods as the closest Infinity dealer is in Pittsburgh. I don't know if I'm ready for 4-doors w/o low range. Price tag is hefty too....$44k-$50k

TDUB
06/06/2004, 08:29 PM
I can afford pretty much anything I want. I've had All the Porsche's I can stand. The thing I love about my vx is that no one else has one. I'd pull into somewhere with my 911 and it was just another car. In every aspect of my life I like to be unique. I think we're all like that!
TW:cool:

Dallas4u
06/07/2004, 09:07 AM
Originally posted by TDUB
I can afford pretty much anything I want. I've had All the Porsche's I can stand. The thing I love about my vx is that no one else has one. I'd pull into somewhere with my 911 and it was just another car. In every aspect of my life I like to be unique. I think we're all like that!
TW:cool:

Man, I wish I had this problem! I can afford anything I want, as long as I can afford it!

By the way, you don't see as many Porsches here in Portland as you do in, say, Dallas (where I'm from). Funny the way things change in different environments. In Dallas, no one wanted to drive anything older than 2-3 years old. In Portland, it seems many people LOOK for older cars and bikes. Most common car in Portland... Subaru. Of course, there was a Lambo Murcielago parked outside a pub down the street from me everyday after work for months... sticks out here like a sore thumb (as does the VX!).

AlaskaVX
06/07/2004, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by Dallas4u
Most common car in Portland... Subaru.
HAHA Welcome to the West coast! LOL Alaska is overun with old rusted out Subaru's but they still run and get around in winter! And you can find them for $500 and they will last a year no prob.! Those old subarus are tanks!

MachineVX
12/09/2004, 06:07 AM
I'm keeping it till the doors fall off. I'm getting the supercharger installed next week to satisfy my craving for more power.

cascabel3
12/09/2004, 12:44 PM
I could never imagine not having my VX. I have only had her for 5 weeks, but the honeymoon continues. I sit in my garage in the evenings, drink in hand, staring at this vehicle thinking that there is no way a car could be more elegant, sleek, performing and dependable. What a combo.

It was my late brother who dreamed of owning one several years ago. On those two occassions that we saw one, I turned my head so hard I dam' near twisted my neck. I was driving a 91 Trooper back then and loved it. Never thought I would have this machine; paid for no less.

I must admit that my attitude has changed ever since getting her. I mean, for the better. It's amazing what a vehicle can do.

Hanalei
12/09/2004, 01:25 PM
This vehicle stopped me dead in my tracks in a Shop Rite parking lot in 2001. It was a yellow VX and I couldn't take my eyes off of her.

Before that time, I never had a dream car. I couldn't afford one so I bought a red Chevy Cavalier RS coupe. Paid that off but shortly thereafter (Jan 2003) I saw a Proton for sale at the Hillside Auto Mall and my jaw dropped. Got her for $15,250 (32K on her at the time) and sold my paid-off car for the down payment VX. If that isn't love, what is?

It's been a year and it still turns my head (and everyone else's). Yes, the VX will definitely be collector's item.

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

StormTROOPER
12/09/2004, 02:06 PM
I remember when I first saw photos of the VX and knew I had to have one , but at 30K I knew I would have to wait 2 or 3 years to afford a used one. I was replacing tires on my Nissan hardbody at a Goodyear store that was a block away from an Isuzu dealer so I had an hour to kill and walked over to GAULK at a VX they had on a raised show platform, wow so much better to see the real thing, it was well worth the wait. I've been asked if it's a 2004 ,so it will be along time before this futuristic design looks old, and hopefully if Isuzu gets a look at a thread like this one we will be able to trade in on the next generation VX. ;)

LITTLELAURIE
12/09/2004, 03:56 PM
I can't even fathom the thought of selling my VehiCROSS!!!!!
I love that thing sooo much, as if it had a blood pumping heart under it's hood! :eek:

I_Wanna_Retire
12/10/2004, 03:29 AM
My boys may sell theirs, but mine will last longer than I do.

NC_VX
12/10/2004, 06:41 AM
Ya know, I posted on here that I would never ever get rid of my VX.... NOw it seems I am so close to throwing in the towel. Between my job, a baby, two dogs and a need for more and more space, I'm just not sure the VX fits the bill.

I want to go out and just buy a third vehicle (or make my VX my third Vehicle), but I'm having a tough time coming up with funds to pay for it, so it seems like parting with the VX is the right way to go..... HOWEVER, even my wife is on my side now by saying I can't sell something that I've spent so much time and money on.

Ultimitly, I need to come up with some funds to keep me from selling the VX... I feel so guilty even considering selling it...

I'm ashamed!

:cool: :o :p

Maugan_VX
12/10/2004, 04:56 PM
NC:

GO pickup a late year 2nd gen trooper

that way you can swap important bits between the two :P

Cobrajet
12/12/2004, 02:46 PM
Two years ago, after being unemployed for five months, I was prepared to sell my S2000 (with 1700 miles), my Mustang (owned since 1990), my Cobra (owned since 1976, restored in 1994), my bike, my house, etc. The VX was way down on the list of items to be sold. It may not be the most practical vehicle in the world, but it made more sense than any other vehicle I owned. I sold my S2000 the day before I got the call for my current job. I kinda miss it, but not as much as I would miss the VX.

mrtew
12/13/2004, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by WormGod
Just trying to picture, 30 years from now, driving down the road in my VX, with "Historic" tags on it. Heads are turning as a new generation of kids are like "Whoa, daddy, there's an old one! What is that!" And daddy will look at the VX, and then back at his kid and say, "I dunno."

That's one possible scenario for the year 2034, but I think the more likely one would be where the kid says, "There's a freaky new truck! What kind of truck is that Daddy?" And daddy will look at the VX and then back at his kid and say, "I dunno, it must be a 2035 model coming out next year."

StormTROOPER
12/14/2004, 01:53 AM
Originally posted by mrtew
That's one possible scenario for the year 2034, but I think the more likely one would be where the kid says, "There's a freaky new truck! What kind of truck is that Daddy?" And daddy will look at the VX and then back at his kid and say, "I dunno, it must be a 2035 model coming out next year." LOL:D Thats why I call this vehicle the... Back to the Future 4 by 4 ;)