PDA

View Full Version : MD/VA/DC Meet reminder

WormGod
05/02/2004, 09:24 PM
Dave & Buster's in Bethesda on May 8, 2004, 2pm and on....

Dave & Buster's
White Flint Mall
11301 Rockville Pike
Bethesda, MD 20814

The weather looks to be mid 80's, partly cloudy, so the VXes should be clean and spotless. ;)

NC_VX
05/03/2004, 11:35 AM
I'm definitely in. GOing up for Mother's Day. ANyone interested in going to a DC United Soccer game after? starts at 7:30 at RFK stadium!!!

Navigator
05/03/2004, 11:48 AM
Interior swept, exterior to be waxed, and tires lotioned up as soon as the rain stops :D

WormGod
05/03/2004, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by NC_VX
I'm definitely in. GOing up for Mother's Day. ANyone interested in going to a DC United Soccer game after? starts at 7:30 at RFK stadium!!!

Damn man, I might be down for that! The subway station is right down the street from D&B's and there is a stop just outside of RFK Stadium. Let's talk about it when we meet up down there. :)

NC_VX
05/03/2004, 02:37 PM
Wormgod! Its a great environment and nothing like seeing a 14 year old play with the pro's! yes we can talk about it at the meet. Heck, we can just cruise over if there is enough interest. Nothing like coming in on a bunch of Vehicrosses!!!! I don't know if I can swing it, but maybe I can even get us VIP Parking. I'll check into that later on this week! I hate to push my hook-ups though, and that may do it!!!

So, Navigator, I am spending Sat morning cleaning out the grill and cleaning as much as I can. I say that cause I get a lot of bugs coming up 85!!! I've got one more wax job due from the guy's who painted my car, but I'll wait til after the meet! Finally looking forward to meeting some felllow VXr's!!!

WormGod
05/04/2004, 07:46 AM
It just dawned on me, but with Freddy playing now, RFK sells out fast. I was told yesterday that because of this, tickets are always sold in advance now. Me, not really a fan of Freddy's (he hasnt proved himself to me yet!), but a HUGE fan of the team, am not willing to fight 1000's of morons just trying to get a glimpse of a single guy, especially if I have to stand out in the parking lot with no ticket cause they sold out, heh.

So.... keep your eyes open for tickets. I will try to get some in advance here, but I don't know how that will turn up.

WormGod
05/05/2004, 08:28 AM
Well, looks like the weather has taken a turn for the worse. It calls for isolated thunderstorms all weekend now. This kinda kills my will to see the DC United game too.

We have some options however....

Do it anyways and just meet on a lower level of the parking garage and hope that mall security doesnt tell us to get lost. (they most likely will) :(

Just park our VXes and chill inside D&B's. Kinda defeats the purpoase of having a meet for VXes at that point. :rolleyes:

Reschedule.

Any comments?

NC_VX
05/05/2004, 08:55 AM
Well, I am there either way, so whatever everyone else wants. So far there are only a few replying to this post anyway... What's the deal?

Navigator
05/05/2004, 09:09 AM
... I'll be there regardless. Cecadas don't fly around in the rain... as much :smack: , so rain actually has it's good points in this case :D. rain is possible anytime in this region, don't let the drought of a few years ago fool ya. Only thing constant about our weather is CHANGE...LOL so by all means do not let weather get in the way of the plans, just bring a rag to wipe off your Vx if the sun comes back out. Lord knows if we wait for the weather and everybody's schedule to synchronize their will be no meet :D See you all there rain or shine :luck:

ISCE
05/05/2004, 10:03 AM
Look forward to meeting you all.

Here's my mobile if needed: 410-458-0761

Jay

WormGod
05/05/2004, 10:23 AM
I too am in regardless. Already planned for it, no matter how stripped down my VX is at the moment.

Know that Dave and Busters is around the backside of the mall on the upper level, so go to the upper level of the parking garage and look for other VXes. I will TRY to get there early so that everyone has a VX to look for. Ya, I said TRY.

Ron Pfeiffer
05/05/2004, 12:28 PM
Rain or shine, I'm there!

Gonna try to have her all spiffy clean, but if the weather gets in the way, she'll just have to show dirty.

Ron

WormGod
05/06/2004, 09:55 AM
Chances for thunderstorms are decreasing by the minute. Keep your fingers crossed!

:?:

NC_VX
05/07/2004, 06:56 AM
I will be up early tomorrow spiffing up the ride. My wife does a really good job at detailing the cars so she is going to be the big reason I even have a clean VX tomorrow. I am excited because after having my PV muffler for a year I got it installed today and I finally got black on black.... that is, tinted the windows a bit to match up with the look! I'm excited to get with other VX'rs to talk about our rides and what we want to do with them...

See Ya'All tomorrow

WormGod
05/07/2004, 10:10 AM
Yep, I still have some work to do. Havent clean my VX at all in a couple of weeks. Interior and exterior is dirtier than hell. A-pillars are gone, need to put the Hotshot intake back in, etc.

I will need this evening and tomorrow morning to get it into shape. Just not enough time in a day.

Navigator
05/08/2004, 07:30 PM
Added a few pics from the meet to my Gallery :work:

MD,VA,PA 2004 Mini Meet @ Dave & Busters in Bethesda, MD (http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=3805)

MIDN USNA
05/08/2004, 08:09 PM
The rides sure were nice....good to see some others around even if they arent red. Once again nice rides and nice people.

Thanks

Deathbyarchitect
05/08/2004, 08:38 PM
Sorry I couldn't make it today...
anyone went to Target in silver spring after the meet?
I saw a silver one in cherry lane target store parking lot.

WormGod
05/08/2004, 09:54 PM
Yep, good times, nice rides, and good food. I believe we had 7-8 VXes show up, so it was a decent turnout. The weather held up well even (for once).

It was nice meeting all the new faces and I can;t wait for the next one. I was even thinking maybe a pool party and cookout at my place. I'll see what I can cook up. ;)

DaPenetrator
05/10/2004, 07:28 AM
Worm, cook up some burgers, dogs, rib-eyes & I'll be there with some cases of cold ones :)

I agree, the meet turned out pretty nice. It was my first one and I was impressed. I'm looking forward to getting together again very soon.

BTW, I'll have the email list out to you guys this week.

WormGod
05/10/2004, 07:33 AM
Saw a lot of cameras out there Saturday. Where be all dem pics?!?! ;)

NC_VX
05/10/2004, 09:02 AM
Guys,

Awesome meeting everyone. Jay, I didn't take a look at your intake setup. If you get a chacne to snap a picture or direct me to the post where I can read up on it, that would be nice.

For everyone else, Jay unplugged one of the hoses or something to let more air in and so I want to see if I can do tha to increase my MPG....

I will post pic's tonight!

Raven

ISCE
05/10/2004, 10:06 AM
Hi Raven,

Great meeting you. I have removed the air intake elbow, like many others have done. I will try to take a pic, but I would guess there may be one already here. Maybe do a search on air intake elbow.

Jay

Ron Pfeiffer
05/11/2004, 01:38 AM
It was great to meet everybody - cool rides, cool folks! I'm lookin forward to our next get-together. Wormgod, you fire up the grill and I'll be there.

Posted some pics in my gallery - got one good one of the meet line-up:

DC/MD/VA Min-meet 2004 (http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=3876)

Somebody asked me about the cuts to the cladding required for the Nittos (sorry, don't remember who), so here are two pics of the cuts, including the pieces I cut off:

Cladding cut for Nitto 285/60/18s #1 (http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=3926)

Cladding cut for Nitto 285/60/18s #2 (http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=3927)

On a final note, its a small, weird world. One of my students asked me how the meet went, and told me that he knew a guy who owned a VX and worked on it all the time. I asked him who, he says "computer artist named Gary"! What are the odds? Kid's name is Jake Lear, - you know him Wormgod?

Ron

WormGod
05/11/2004, 08:01 AM
Yep, I know Jake Lear. Been trying to get him in here on an internship program. Good kid and smart as a whip. He is always asking me about my VX.

Yep, it is one heck of a small world, heh. :D

DaPenetrator
05/11/2004, 04:26 PM
Yeah guys, I just posted my pictures from Saturday's Dave & Buster's Meet to My Gallery under...

DC/MD/VA VX'ers Dave & Buster's Meet

Check them out and let me know what you think. If anyone wants a copy of the orginal 2560x1920 resolution shots (which make great prints), let me know and I'll email them to you.

WormGod
05/12/2004, 07:53 AM
Last year for the Hooters meet, I brought a photographer buddy who snapped some shots. I should have brought him this year. Beautiful shots that could be blown up into nice posters with crystal clarity. Ah well, maybe next time.

Once again, ALL the rides looked good. Glad we could do some idea swapping and suggestion making with one another, cause next time, that just means that our VXes will be another knotch above the rest. ;)

Bantan
05/12/2004, 08:40 AM
Did you guys end up going to the Football Match?

DaPenetrator
05/12/2004, 10:27 AM
I'm pretty sure it was a soccer match and not football. I didn't go after the meet, but I think Raven (NC_VX) did.

Raven, correct me if I'm wrong.

Bantan
05/12/2004, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by DaPenetrator
I'm pretty sure it was a soccer match and not football. I didn't go after the meet, but I think Raven (NC_VX) did.
Raven, correct me if I'm wrong.

Yes it was a Soccer match.
In my book soccer is Football;)

DaPenetrator
05/12/2004, 11:11 AM
Bantan, assumed you or someone else would come back with that reference.

So, what does your book call traditional American Football... just curious.

WormGod
05/12/2004, 12:37 PM
Correction....

that would be "futbol". ;)

I watched the game, but on tv. :(

Navigator
05/12/2004, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by DaPenetrator
Bantan, assumed you or someone else would come back with that reference.

So, what does your book call traditional American Football... just curious.

Rugby Lite :D

DaPenetrator
05/12/2004, 01:32 PM
U guys are crazy. Thanks for the vocab lesson.

Rugby Lite... That was a good one! :D

Bantan
05/12/2004, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by Navigator
Rugby Lite :D
Thanks, you beat me to it.
I like your translation.:clap:

NC_VX
05/13/2004, 05:47 PM
Yeah Q, I went. We had center line seats in the lower bowl,. Wasn't too crowded since it was mothers day weekend I guess. The game went well, in the 90th minute Columbus Crew got a PK, that really sucked cause DC was winning the whole game, but it ended in 1-1 draw!!!

WormGod
05/14/2004, 08:10 AM
And it doesn't help that our goalie sucks.

Too bad Bobby Convey is hurt, cause the game would have been a LOT different. ;) That kid is still better than Freddy.