PDA

View Full Version : How to change running lights?

UtahVXer
05/01/2004, 10:14 PM
How do you replace the bulbs in the running (parking) lights? I've upgraded my other bulbs and want to replace the running lights with 20w xenon bulbs, but can't figure out how. Please don't tell me you have to remove the front bumper!

psychos2
05/02/2004, 06:45 AM
i believe they turn and then pull the whole thing out. shawn

DaPenetrator
05/02/2004, 06:51 AM
Yeah they do. They're notched into the bumper and if I remember correctly from the "Flashing Side Marker" mod, and slight twist to the left will release them. I had the bumper off when doing the sidemaker mod, so I'm tryin' to remember the "my right, your left" or vice versa rule :confused:

One other note, I believe the harness on the driver's side was a lot shorter than that of the passenger's side. But careful not to let the harness fall back into the bumper or you may find yourself having to remove the bumper anyway ;)

GOOD LUCK!

WyrreJ
05/02/2004, 06:51 AM
Yep, get a grip on them, rotate somewhere around a quarter to half a turn. When you take them out, notice where the part of the lens is that has "nissan" x-ed out with score marks (either 6 or 12 oclock) so you can get the drain tubes lined up right.