PDA

View Full Version : new owner! TOD status light question?

PeteVX
04/29/2004, 12:28 PM
Fell in love with the vehicross when i 1st saw one 5 years ago at an auto show, finally in a position to own one 2 weeks ago and began searching, it simply had to be yellow, flew out to Philladelphia, fell in love, handed over wad of cash, got keys then we bonded driving 1,200 miles to Minneapolis in 1 1/2 days. What a roadtrip!!

Anyway...here's where i need help..

My TOD indicator shows the rear wheels and the AUTO letters illuminated as I drive off, as soon as I accelerate past idle the lowest segment of the front wheels also illumiates, according to the manual this is putting 15-30% power to front wheels.

Is this normal? I would think that no power should be going to the front under normal driving on dry roads?

I did check the OBD port but there were no codes present.

Thanks in advance for your help

Pete

Anita
04/29/2004, 12:40 PM
Your new baby is running normally. Past a certain low MPH( I forgot what exactly) one bar of the front wheels will illuminate.

Congrats on your new purchase!

Moncha
04/29/2004, 02:06 PM
Check out the FAQ Section (http://www.vehicross.info/forums/misc.php?action=faq&page=6#53) And you'll find more info. Isuzu though that it would be a good idea to have some power transfered to the front to help keep the rear end from coming around. Lots of "Full time" 4x4 do the same.

Kahuna
04/29/2004, 02:18 PM
;Db; Moncha just loves that FAQ Section. ;Dr;

Welcome aboard. IF you go to the search button, type in what you want about 2.3 million items will come up! Of course if you want to go the easy way.....go to the FAQ Section (hehehe)

BTW - I'm a newbee as well, about 2 months. But the help in here is great.

AlaskaVX
04/29/2004, 02:19 PM
You may want to check the transfer case fluid, but most likeley it is running normally.

Anita
04/29/2004, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by Kahuna
;Db; Moncha just loves that FAQ Section. ;Dr;

He should... he created it!! :bgwg:

PeteVX
04/30/2004, 08:56 AM
thanks all for setting my mind at rest, its been exactly a week now since i picked it up and it gets better and better!!

I could do with a FAQ's sheet to hand out to all the people who come upto me and ask about the car, same questions every time!, havent come across anyone yet that doesn't love it!

This board is GREAT! just like the jeep board i used to use with my last vehicle (wrangler) invaluable source of information.

I might be rambling here and changing subjects but...since the VX isn't made anymore and will become more collectable as time goes on, I'm guessing depreciation will slow down to the point where you cant buy a decent one for book price which continues to go down....Has anyone looked into classic or agreed value insurance? I had it on my Opel Manta back in England, it was totalled in an accident, book value was only a couple of thousand but my agreed value policy paid out 3 times that which was the real world cost of finding another mint example. The insurance was also cheaper than normal because they figured owners were car nuts and freaky about looking after their cars.

just a thought!

Pete

Chopper
04/30/2004, 07:22 PM
Recently,I tried Grundy& a few of the other "collector" insurers looking for a break on the VX. It sits under cover, in a garage, comming out just enough to stay healthy. Seems a perfect fit.......they aren't having it. Not yet anyway. State Farm is still my best bet. They charge "on a curve" when there are several vehicles involved, and they never give us trouble about OEM parts on jobs. By the By, welcome, and enjoy your car....... it is a Blast, and a fairly reliable vehicle. Funny you got it in Phila. . My kids live there and have never seen another outside of here(Fla.)