PDA

View Full Version : Ive Filled the Fuzzy Hole!!

Maverick
04/25/2004, 07:47 PM
It took me three attempts at building a housing , but im finally happy with this last try.. 1.8 " monitor wired to a back up cam (well, almost , need more wire) and an led display for reversing radar, all tested and fuctional. the pic in the monitor is actually the neighbors jeep as i pointed a spare camera out of the open door.. but im 85% or better done with this project.... and all the difficult stuff is complete. ;Dy;

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/3074/295fuzzytv3.jpg

chumone
04/25/2004, 11:18 PM
Installation looks good. Which monitor did you use and how much did it cost?

Maverick
04/26/2004, 05:42 AM
i used a "lillyput" 1.8 in color tft lcd.. the pic here is poor , but in reality its very crisp. I had to remove the monitor from the casing for this application. then i cut the shroud out of the original casing and epoxied it to my new face plate. unfortunately i scarred it a bit in the process, and painted it with rubberized coating to save it. i think it cost me about $60.. i bought it along with the back up radar unit ($35. ebay vendor from hong kong)
http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/3074/295project1-1.jpg
I had a low light weatherproof lipstick camera in my electronics box already (i think that was $80 originally.) so the whole project cost under $200 plus a few hours time to construct the face plate and install...

I need re run the video and power wires to the cam, in my enthusiam to get it done, i used inadequate wire.. live and learn... there are more pics in my gallery of the construction process...

when i have more time ill also run a power switch (the controlls for the monitor are behind it on the driver board, and my skills arent advanced enough to relocate them yet.) You cant really see it in the pic, but i drilled several tiny holes to the left of the display and the speaker for the monitor sits behind it, though theres no audio for the camera, ive reserved the option of using the audio circuit if i want to later.
Eventually ill tie this monitor into a pc based central video system with three other cameras and a dvr recorder/carputer. And also a 7in touchscreen monitor to control it all... so this is just the initial beginings.. :)

Whaleboy
04/26/2004, 03:08 PM
good job mav :D

Simon Templar
04/27/2004, 12:27 PM
If you removed the original insert and still have it laying around....I'll be glad to take it off of your hands if it is in perfect condition for a reasonble sum.

I have a project sitting on the back burner waiting for one of those inserts. I just don't want to pay the rediculous price the aprts counter wants for a new one.

....sT

UtahVXer
04/27/2004, 08:07 PM
Anyone know what the fuzzy hole is for?
I don't smoke but it looks about right for a pack of cigs.

tomcat837
04/28/2004, 06:54 AM
That is all I have ever used it for!

Triathlete
04/28/2004, 08:50 AM
Mine holds a hot wheels VX just perfectly!;Dy;

johnnyapollo
04/28/2004, 10:45 AM
It holds your fuzz exceptionally well...

-- John

erslincoln
05/20/2004, 09:16 AM
Man you guys use fuzzy holes for ALL the wrong reasons.

WormGod
05/20/2004, 10:52 AM
I USED TO put my smokes in it, but I took a turn one day last summer and my smokes went right out the window, heh. Now, my fuzzy hole just remains empty. I have plans to put my "transform" switch there, for when the ****e ever hits the fan, I am gonna go Autobot on someone's arse. ;)