PDA

View Full Version : That power switch

Lease-V-cross
04/24/2004, 03:10 PM
If I leave that power switch pressed in...does my VX suck even more gas than usual?

Also...if there is any member that lives in Eastern Pa near the Lehigh Valley....are there any good places around here that tinits windows for my VX?

I know, I know...look in the phone book.

xdfarrx
04/24/2004, 05:21 PM
The power button tightens the shift point in the tranny. Does not effect fuel economy. I use it all the time on highway and city. I have seen a thread before that it gave a guy more. In this respect who knows. I believe it might promote better life and use in the tranny as the belts, pulleys (or whatever they call them) are under less use because of the quicker shifting. Tone in the accessory section actually sells a tranny module that does all the above but through the pressure mechanics in the tranny. Some might know more then me on this but this is what I believe to be true..... so keep the power button on.

Ron Pfeiffer
04/24/2004, 06:13 PM
I did a test with the power button on and off, and I got almost 1 mpg better gas mileage with the power setting than without it. Snappier shifts AND better gas mileage.

Power Drive is the only drive!

Ron

jayfotos
04/25/2004, 03:49 AM
How about in the long run? Will it effect anything? I never really messed with any of the power or winter buttons.

xdfarrx
04/25/2004, 09:53 AM
I am under the impression that because of the less straining by the tranny, (ex long shifting with a clutch in a manual car) that it probably is good for the tranny in long term, belts, valaves. With the power button not being used you'll notice an extra gear. It feels like an overdrive. However it doesn't seem to provide any better mileage. I think it is there because most of our torrque is below 3000 rpm. As for the winter button. As I lived in Tahoe for 13 years. I never used but in the worst conditions. It is a cool feature but I never really utilized. Does work. The short wheel base and snappy engine can make the vx unruly in sever conditions.... All in all I think the power button is a mild version of the interceptor what Tone is selling, without adjusting the presssures and torque converter in your car. I have yet to get one but most seem to really dig them.

jayfotos
04/25/2004, 11:02 AM
Tahoe, I used to live in Tahoe city! Tahoe Taverns, right over the bridge past the Bridgetender(now leveled and moved across the street), I'm up there once a year still got some buddies that live there(via from NY).

I'll take a stab in the dark here but, do you know a Rob Holadinski(works at Squaw resort), Tim Ferrel(worked at the resort as well, now a Truckee fire/EMT) and Kevin Wegener(contractor/painter)

jayfotos
04/25/2004, 11:35 AM
Just did a search on the Power button, got a lot of conflicting reports!

I'd say it leaned more torward the power button on, but a few people were really against it.

Has this been settled at all? I want to run out and try it, but don'r want to F things up.

Thanks- Jay

xdfarrx
04/25/2004, 11:46 AM
I have an apartment above Granite Chief ski shop in squaw valley. I was a pro snowboarder for 8 years and lived there for 13... I bet we know each other, or friends for sures.
As for the power button, I don't think it would be a factory part if it compromised performance or integrity. Secondly, it is a common feature on many automatic fitted cars. My two cents.

Dallas4u
04/25/2004, 11:46 AM
I've been driving my VX constantly with the power button on for over 3 years... I haven't broken anything.

I'm pretty sure you will enjoy it pushed it... and could possibly do better on gas mileage.

xdfarrx
04/25/2004, 11:47 AM
By the way when you say Rob do you mean 'fly' who runs the lot....?

jayfotos
04/25/2004, 12:23 PM
Then you MUST know Rob Wells then, owened SnowWave snowboard shop, back in the day('92). I used to airbrush snowboards there and designed a few t-shirts.

Rob H., Tall skinny dude, brown hair. I think he used to work the lot(at the resort(realy nice hotel) though), now he works banquents at the resort.

The other guys, ride at Alpine.....my choice now when I go up there.

Broke my arm(callar bone) at the top of Granite Chief, sucked!

xdfarrx
04/25/2004, 12:52 PM
Haha!! I worked with Rob at Snowave. I was his retail manager. I also worked for Ron Depp following. Then my snowboard deal was going good so I started travelling doing my thing. I actually think I remember you. Are you the dood who was doing the crazy airbrushing on the snowboards. Did we cal you j-bone or somefin like that. We had one hanging in the entrance of the shop. If so long time no see, and how the world is a small place

jayfotos
04/25/2004, 01:21 PM
That's me, this is tooooo funny!