PDA

View Full Version : what's "TOO MUCH"

Kahuna
04/23/2004, 05:05 PM
I need some of my fellow VX'ers to post reply on this. My wife will be checking in a few days.

A few days ago I did a COMPLETE washing and cleaning of my baby. Interior/Exterior and even the engine. Welllll......everthing was looking great except my front grill. So I got out my tools and took it off. I then proceeded to take it into the house where I had to remove the top rack of our dishwashing machine so that it would fit inside of it. As I saw it, the grill had never been washed inside all those little hexagons. I figured the blast of hot water, steam would clean that baby right up....which it did. Try it!

My wife (who's great BTW), thought I was nuts. She said I went overboard. Taking apart the dishwashers to fit a car grill inside was crossing the line.

We both want to know "WHAT YOU THINK"?

THANKS

xdfarrx
04/23/2004, 05:25 PM
Let her know firstly its theraputic (for you), secondly it demands the care cause of the cost of having it in the first place, and thirdly you wanted to confirm the dishwasher is working to spec... and if she still can't relate tell her its a male thing-.... if she really, really doesn't get it we can start VX-A. Vehicross anonymous. Hi my name is xdfarrx and I have a problem..... I'm anal about my car and I stink of carnuba wax........

azskyrider
04/23/2004, 05:32 PM
Generally,

Women have their shoes.... Guys have their cars... We both can't get enough of them...:eek:

jayfotos
04/23/2004, 05:54 PM
Even though it's a Isuzu, it's considered an exotic(somebody told me that once, it made me feel all tingly), like a Ferrari, Porshe etc. you must treat it like a baby. And going to extremes to keep it showroom clean is what makes it fun.

Now I must go and clean my shock boots, see what you made me do.
;)

Moncha
04/23/2004, 06:08 PM
I love cleaning the shock boots!!! Not only does my wife think I'm wierd for scrubbing Moncha's little armpits (Wheel wells to those not in the know) but, the neighbors all agree with her!

xdfarrx
04/23/2004, 06:30 PM
Aaaah wheel wheels..... They are my nemisis. Me and my bloody knuckles. These soiled knuckles being the brunt of laughter at my expense for all those who don't understand. But how they gleam in the morning light. I can't believe they don't understand, a car won't run right without those 4 evil wheel wheels looking new. Don't they get it??!! So to them I say I will win, I will win.....me and my trusty ally simple green, scabbed knuckles and all, we shall persevere, and those damn wheel wells will SHINE-

Kahuna
04/23/2004, 07:25 PM
I'm laughing my ***** off! I knew I was in the right place. "Armpits" :jump: I actually have tears in my eye...that's funny stuff!!!

My wife says she not changing her opinion of me...and now YOU!
You guys are great!!!!!

SGT.BATGUANO
04/24/2004, 02:55 AM
She'll be alright if you promise her that you will never put your engine and trans in the bathtub with some Mr. Bubble and a rubber duck.