PDA

View Full Version : Griot's Garage??

xdfarrx
04/21/2004, 09:36 AM
Griot's Garage. Any good. Looks a little on the expensive side yet some choice car car stuff

Moncha
04/21/2004, 09:40 AM
Web site?? Got a link?

Joe_Black
04/21/2004, 11:47 AM
Haven't ordered from them but get their catalog regularly. The site is Griot's Garage. (http://www.griotsgarage.com)

I've spoken to people at local concours events who have in fact used the products and speak very highly of them. Griot's also sells other brands, which is a good sign. Their detailing packages do look very nice and seem a good value if the reputation holds. When in the restoration biz I used 3M and Meguiars products almost exclusively with great satisfaction. I've been giving serious thought to either getting a Griot's package or trying the Zaino Bros. products on JohnnyApollo's recommendation. If you've ever seen his Proton in person you'd be tempted to try Zaino too, or maybe bribe him to detail your VX!;Do;

t2p
04/21/2004, 01:39 PM
JB:
Many car buffs and sites recommend Zymol. I noticed that many on this site prefer Zaino over Zymol - so it must be good stuff. (It appears many VX owners on this site are a step ahead).
Collonite (sp ?) appears to be another one that many 'in the know' prefer. A few of my friends that are in the body shop business (or related) use 3M products and Collonite.
t2p

Anita
04/21/2004, 01:49 PM
There has been a long standing discussion on Zaino, Zymol, Meguires and Colonite. I started with Zymol and then switched to Colonite. Is there anyone out there who have tried a number of these and has a fav?

t2p
04/21/2004, 02:06 PM
I'm so far behind ........ I'm (still) using NuFinish ......... and I must confess not very often .....
I have yet to 'work up' to the Zymol stage !