PDA

View Full Version : Hood Insert Question

t2p
04/19/2004, 10:20 AM
The hood insert on my VX has a small crack (6-8 mm in length).
Do these cracks tend to grow ? I'm not too concerned - not yet - unless cracks like this grow and render the insert (totally) unusable.
Anyone (ever) repair a hood insert ?
t2p

WormGod
04/19/2004, 11:58 AM
On my 3rd insert now. Always cracks in the same place. Driver side front corner. It never grew longer, but moisture caused the crack to seperate more. It actually looked as though it were beginning to swell up.

As I said, I am on my 3rd one now, and even this one has a crack in it now. I think the underside of the inserts is the problem. Upon looking under it, it has no underside protection like a sealant layer.

Hopefully, these Carbon Werks inserts work out well.

xdfarrx
04/20/2004, 12:58 AM
Something to consider.... Carbon is sweet no doubt, but I find the cost inhibiting. Plus straight shooting/follow up (or lack of), being clear explanation of production, resin saturation, weave, clear coating, UV/fading, etc...makes me un easy to drop 400+ (or whatevers). I am considering Line-X. My stuff is also cracked and I can't even get mine warrantied cause the Isuzu rep is never around to verify the warranty. Line-X could be good, Any thoughts, pros vs cons??