PDA

View Full Version : DC/MD/VA VX'ers

DaPenetrator
04/19/2004, 09:52 AM
I'd like to see a Tri-State (DC/MD/VA) VX Group started in this area if there isn't already one. If there is, let me know about it. I've seen at last 5 VX's in the DC Metro area alone. I know there are more of us out there. Let's try to come together.

Anyone interested in a monthly meet-n-greet let me know.

SexyQue@comcast.net

Also, going to look into getting something started on Yahoo Groups (if it's not already there as well). I'll keep you posted.

WormGod
04/19/2004, 12:00 PM
There are quite a few of us around. We meet occasionally, but usually only when weather is on our side. There has been talk about regoinal VX chapters, but nothing ever comes of it.

DaPenetrator
04/19/2004, 12:24 PM
Let me know when and where the next meeting will be.

WormGod
04/20/2004, 08:08 AM
I imgaine something could be arranged soon. There was just one in Delaware, as seen in this forum. For something more local, in the MD/DC area, I am sure everyone would be down if some options were to arise. ;)

Navigator
04/20/2004, 12:19 PM
...They will come :rotate: Pick a location, preferably with food and beer and loads of pretty young ladies we'll be there with VX's shined and mod's to the hilt :dance:

ISCE
04/20/2004, 01:59 PM
I have yet to meet ANY other VX owners!

Just detailed the VX after the long period of snow, salt, rain... I hear more rain is coming too :mad:

I would love to meet some other VXers.

Jay

Ron Pfeiffer
04/20/2004, 03:31 PM
Count me in as well.

Perhaps I will manage to track down that Proton that drives around Front Royal and get him on board too. Seen him four times so far, but never in a situation where I can flag him down. He must live very close to me, but he's as elusive as the flying dutchman . . .

Ron

Navigator
04/20/2004, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by ISCE
I have yet to meet ANY other VX owners!

Just detailed the VX after the long period of snow, salt, rain... I hear more rain is coming too :mad:

I would love to meet some other VXers.

Jay

Spotted a Kaiser about 2 or 3 weeks ago on York Road driving in the opposite direction in front of the "world famous" Senator Theater www.senator.com . Of course I flash my lights and blasted my horn, but the young fella behind the wheel just looked kind of dazed and confused as if he owed me money or something and kept driving south on York. I've seen plenty of VX's in Baltimore... you name the color we got it here. Problem is, most keep to themselves.

Where are you in B'more Jay? No point in being strangers :D

paulcfx
04/20/2004, 09:34 PM
I’d be interested; I’m in Reston, VA.

ISCE
04/21/2004, 05:27 AM
Hi Nav,

I always keep my eyes open. I have passed another VX a couple of times, and we both always wave. Not sure if it is the same person or not. I think both times was on Glen Arm Rd.

I am just east of Towson in Cub Hill/Parkville area. There is another VX owner, Kaiser 2001 less than 2 mi from me on Joppa Rd. I always see it sitting in the drive, but never met him/her. My wife saw the VX at the library one day.

I hope I will be able to make the meeting as we figure out where and when.

Jay

DaPenetrator
04/21/2004, 05:28 AM
I don't know in what type of setting VX'ers generally have their meets and since I'm still fairly new to the area (2 yrs), this is just a suggestion...

Dave & Busters
White Flint Mall
Bethesda, MD

Figure since we're tryin' to do this as a DC/MD/VA Meet, then some place like that is mid-way from most of the furtherest points.

Let me know what you guys think about a location, then we can work on some dates & times.

Que

WormGod
04/21/2004, 07:53 AM
Good location and right off of the Beltway. We all know Dave and Busters has plenty to offer for fun, plus, they have a parking garage so we can probably just park on the upper deck outside of Dave and Busters and hang back for a bit jabbering.

This was our "rain option" in case it rained on us at our Hooters meet last year, but the rain held to hardly a drizzle.

I'm game.

Also, I believe every 3rd Saturday of the month, there is an All-Car meet in Mt Airy, Md in the parking lot of a strip mall. I went last week with my brother in law for the forst time since he wanted to show off his new '69 Camaro. MANY nice cars up in there! They had everything all sorts of vehicles. Lifted Jeeps, old Vettes, motorcycles, vans, ricers, you name it. It was a little redneckish, but hey, who likes their cars more than a crazed redneck with a mint '69 Chevelle SS? ;)

ANyways, there's an option also. I think those people would drop nuggets if a convoy of VXes rolled in there. ;)

Navigator
04/21/2004, 08:01 AM
...I'ts about an hour away from Baltimore, and has video games, good food, and a decent bar. Not a bad location. Need a spot to line up all the VX's for photos. Saturdays work best for me, also try to plan this before the CECADA's arrive, I guarantee there will be no clean VX's when that swarm of millions of 2 to 3 inch long bugs start smacking into our vehicles @ 60+ mph starting in mid May thru June. Keep us posted :thumbup:

ISCE
04/21/2004, 08:12 AM
D&B is good, and the car show sounds like fun too. Saturdays work best for me as well. Is the 15th of May too deep into the bugs? This will be my first experience with these locusts, not sure what to expect but everyone here remembers the last time they were here.

My May doesn't look too bad except the 22nd and 29th already have plans.

Jay

Navigator
04/21/2004, 08:33 AM
...I think the estimate was 10,000 bugs per acre for 6 weeks starting in mid May. But if you see a thumb sized hole in your yard, you only need to dig down about a half foot to find the buggers today. Insectacide will not be effective until they sprout wings acording to EyeWitness News, and of course then it's too late. Is there a car wash near D&B? No doubt some level of bugs will be out, good idea to hose off any bug resudue before photo shoot :angel:

Wasn't too bad in 1986', I had a mortorcycle then and remember being hit in the neck and chest...HARD ... by several. Ever been shot by a paint ball?

CSTYLES
04/21/2004, 08:33 AM
My VX and I can make it! Early May is best, I'll be down at the Del. Beaches for the rest of the summer.

Anyone planning an O.C. meet? I missed the party last year.

Navigator: I was up in Townson a few weeks ago, York Road I believe. I went to a concert at the Recher Theartre; so I was both dazed, confused, and a little bit lost. If it was me, sorry.

Ron Pfeiffer
04/21/2004, 08:37 AM
D&B is good for me, as are most Saturdays. I don't have much preference on the date . . .

Ron

Deathbyarchitect
04/21/2004, 09:02 AM
D&B sounds good.
I will try to attend.
bby the way, do you guys know any good shop to install rancho 9000 shocks around here?

thanks in advance

Navigator
04/21/2004, 09:57 AM
...I did my own, the rear upper bolts are hard to get a handle on. You may need to heat them a bit with a torch to get them loose, but beyond that the rest is cake. Pep Boys can do it for a smalll fee about $15 per shock, either way it won't take much to get them on.

Navigator
04/21/2004, 10:14 AM
Originally posted by CSTYLES
My VX and I can make it! Early May is best, I'll be down at the Del. Beaches for the rest of the summer.

Anyone planning an O.C. meet? I missed the party last year.

Navigator: I was up in Townson a few weeks ago, York Road I believe. I went to a concert at the Recher Theartre; so I was both dazed, confused, and a little bit lost. If it was me, sorry.

Just glad to see you signed into VEHICROSS.INFO, my goal is to get all the locals signed up here, that is if I can catch em' :D

I look forward to many meets this year, OC included :luck:

DaPenetrator
04/21/2004, 11:31 AM
Hey guys, it's great to see such quick and positive responds. I just joined this site a few months ago and here I am already taking a inititive. If I'm over stepping my boundaries or steppin' on anyone's toes... Let me know!

Sounds like Dave & Buster's is agreed upon by everyone, so D&B it is.

Now, let's decide on a date. I'm sugguesting May 8th or 15th. Let's see a show of hands.

Finally the last poll of course will be... "What time?" So let's get some responses back on that also.

Hopefully, everyone can bring their calendars to this meeting and the following meets, locations, and times won't require so many posts ;)

WormGod
04/21/2004, 06:17 PM
Count me in for whenever. Just hoping I can keep my license long enough to participate. :(

D&B's is best during the day anyways. After 7pm, it gets packed and there is nil parking anywhere. Besides, I don;t think anyone wants to be checking out each other's VXes in the dark. :p

Ron Pfeiffer
04/22/2004, 05:13 PM
I'll vote for the 15th.

Having said that, I'd do the 8th too, if that's the majority vote

Hows about 2 o'clock?

Ron

WormGod
04/22/2004, 08:37 PM
Sounds good to me, barring license of course.

Do we wanna try the 8th at Dave and Busters AND the 15th at the Mt Airy car show? I will probably be at the car show anyways, so it doesnt matter to me.

ISCE
04/23/2004, 05:21 AM
Either day sounds good, 2pm is good too.

Just to verify there is only 1 D&B in Bethesda right? That is the one we are going to?

Look forward to meeting you all.

Jay

DaPenetrator
04/23/2004, 05:36 AM
Aight guys, it looks like Dave & Buster's in Bethesda on May 8, 2004, from say 2pm - 4pm (or 5pm if we're really having fun) is the next DC/MD/VA VXer's meet.

Here's the address for the only D&B's that I know of in Bethesda...

Dave & Buster's
White Flint Mall
11301 Rockville Pike
Bethesda, MD 20814
(301) 230-5151

Use Yahoo Maps or Mapquest if you need directions.

Let's try to all meet on the top rear deck. If it's raining then we'll meet on one of the lower decks.

Don't Forget Your Digital Cameras ;)

WormGod, I'm all of the CarShow Meet on the 15th. Let's bring ours calendars on the 8th and plan our next meet then.

Thanks for everyone's support and input. See you on the 8th!

Que.

Navigator
04/23/2004, 05:53 AM
...See you all there:jump:

WormGod
04/23/2004, 08:06 AM
See you all there. Either watch for me in my VX or in a cab. Either way, I'll still represent. ;)

Ron Pfeiffer
04/23/2004, 12:13 PM
2 pm on the 8th it is. See you all there!

Ron

WormGod
04/23/2004, 12:45 PM
Cross your fingers for good weather so the VXes can be cleaned up well. No dirty VXes will be allowed. :p

DaPenetrator
04/23/2004, 12:51 PM
Man, I'm really lookin' forward to this meet and meeting everyone. Hope I'll have at least a few of my mods done by then so you guys can critique them (good and bad).

Already know WormGod isn't a fan of 20's, so I'm not looking for many compliments on those from him. :p if I have them on by then.

ISCE
04/23/2004, 01:19 PM
My wife is already worried about all the ideas I will come back with for mods. I am POSITIVE :D you guys will be a bad influence on me!

Ron Pfeiffer
04/25/2004, 12:45 PM
Hey all,

I finally caught up with that elusive Proton in Front Royal this morning. Had a (very) brief conversation with the driver and told him about this site and the upcoming area meet. He said he'd check it out, so perhaps we will have another VX at D&Bs?

Ron

crager34
04/25/2004, 03:47 PM
A 6 hour drive for just a few hours.... Sorry, but I won't make this one. I did attend the Midwest gatering and a great turn out it was. Maybe we get a two dayer together later in the year and I will drive out... would love to meet some more VX'ers.

Darrin

DaPenetrator
04/25/2004, 04:11 PM
Ron, good job tracting down that Proton owner. Hope he'll be able to join us. Looking forward to meeting as much local VX'ers as possible.

Darrin, we're sorry that the meet is too far for you, but it was setup specifically to bring the local DC/MD/VA VX'ers together. Perhaps we'll meet one day at a regional meet.

Radiologue
04/25/2004, 05:04 PM
Sorry, I will have to miss it. I will be out of town.:(

WormGod
04/26/2004, 01:20 PM
DP, dont mind my opinions about 20's, etc.... I'm an artist so I am probably the most judgemental SOB on this site. :D

I need to get some of my mods back in since I dismantled a lot last fall. Too bad the C/F goods arent done yet cause it would have been a great opportunity to show some of those around. :(

NC_VX
04/26/2004, 01:43 PM
I may be visiting family that weekend in Annandale, VA, if so, I'll swing by for the meet. I, along with Crager, have a hefty 5 hour drive to DC from Burlington, NC, however, we get a few days together for a meet then I would be totally game. Is there places to go cruising outside DC on the MD or VA side? Nothing techincal? I think it would be cool to offroad and have fun in the sun during the day and then meet at the ESPNZone for games in the evening!!!!

Hope to see you all on the 8th, if not, lets get a 2-day meet together!!!

BlackVX
04/26/2004, 02:39 PM
There is 74.36% chance that I'll make it :)

Why don't we take this opportunity to collect as much as possible cicadas on the hood and windshield??? I think this would make this event historical with unique pictures :) .

The VX with the most bugs wins a free carwash.

Michael

DaPenetrator
04/26/2004, 06:18 PM
Worm, I was just f@$*(ing around. I know everyone's VX is tight in it's own individual way. Like you said before, it's all about who's making that monthly note or paying for those mods.

NC_VX, I'm from Durham and trek back to NC regularly. I know all to well about that 4-5 hr drive. But if you're in the area, we'd look forward to having you stop by.

Black_VX, I'm hoping our meet will beat the swarms. But if not, we'll all need to head over to the carwash.

WormGod
04/26/2004, 07:18 PM
Understand, the 2-4pm thing is really just a speculation. I am SURE many will find something else to get into. I live about 45 minutes from Dave and Busters, so I gonna be in no hurry to get outta there. If something pops up and we care to get into some trouble, I am probably game.

As for doing some cruising, there are plenty of scenic routes, but I couldnt tell you anything about offroading. I ride dirtbikes, and I generally have to travel quite a distance just to get anywhere so I can even use a dirtbike. Dave and Busters is actually borderline city/suburban area, so expect little to anything around there except for streets, buildings, traffic, and maybe even the occasional tree. ;)

NC_VX
05/05/2004, 08:57 AM
WormGod started a new thread, but so people know, there is some possible weather concerns so post replies on his new thread letting us know if you are in or out!!!

WormGod
05/17/2004, 07:33 AM
I hit the car show in Mt Airy this weekend and it was an AWESOME turnout of cars and trucks of all types. I spent the better part of the day vacuuming, washing, and waxing up the ride for this thing. It was showroom new when I was done with it. I parked right between a 67 Nova and a 69 Chevelle SS. The owners of those 2 were buddies and said that my VX was taking all the attention from their cars, heh. I had washed up the engine bay really well and the HotShot intake and my stereo wire and fuse calipers were quite the talk. I kept wanting to walk around and look at the other cars but people kept asking me about the VX, so I never got around. It came to an abrupt ending when the storm clouds rolled in late around 7:30pm, but it sure was fun.

In all, those people were taken by surprise by an import over the muscle and sweat of all the Detroit there. I think that if we could get a whole crew of VXes to roll up in there, we could be the kings of that thing. 3rd Saturday of the month all summer. Maybe we can hook it up.

NC_VX
05/17/2004, 07:51 AM
Mt Airy? Where is that? I might be interested in doing something like that. Sounds real fun!!!

WormGod
05/17/2004, 12:24 PM
About 1/2 hour north of where the meet was.

Ron Pfeiffer
05/17/2004, 03:26 PM
I'd be up for it. Can't do it until July, as I'm up to my eyeballs in grading until the end of the school year (which is friggin June 21 because of all our snow days!) But after that, sounds like fun . . .

Ron

Navigator
05/18/2004, 05:32 AM
YEAH!!! :dance:

Bantan
05/18/2004, 08:44 AM
How bout we merge this into one big meet with the Jersey shore meet?

WormGod
05/18/2004, 01:01 PM
Well, this meet already happened, but I am sure another can be lined up.

Personally, I have trouble traveling since work just kicked into overdrive and I am nearly always working, but others here would probably be able to make it up that way.