PDA

View Full Version : BRAKE Issues

ojmagg
04/19/2004, 06:25 AM
My back breaks are wearing down 2x as fast as my fronts...Is this normal and does anyone know how to adjust this?

Thanks in advance.

Moncha
04/20/2004, 10:12 AM
Houston, you have a problem!
The back brakes should not wear faster than the fronts. The front brakes take most of the load when stopping that's why they are bigger.. You may have problems with the emergency brake adjustment but, I recommend taking it to a qualified technician as the brake system is nothing to take for granted.

ojmagg
04/20/2004, 10:36 AM
Yeah, I figured that wasn't a good thing...just didn't know if there was adjustment that I could do....

t2p
04/20/2004, 11:01 AM
???
you gotta quit driving backwards ........

seriously, a few thoughts ........ guesses .......
the front calipers may need some help .......
a 'proportioning' valve (or whatever) could require adjustment replacement .....
brake fluid level - flush ........ ???
it could be parking brake related - if the parking brake actuates the rear pads. If the parking brake system is comprised of small shoes that operate inside a small drum on the rotor, the parking brake action, adjustment, etc is probably not the issue.
Although it is not common for rear pads to wear before the fronts - it is not *totally* uncommon. Some mid-90's Accords were known to wear rear pads as fast as the fronts - and sometimes before.

ojmagg
04/20/2004, 11:28 AM
I did notice that the parking break is set pretty tight...I've never touched the break fluid....it's only got 30,000 miles...guess there could be some air in there...