PDA

View Full Version : 3D realms VX?....

Cyrk
04/15/2004, 02:30 PM
Just surfing around and happened to find these photos...
Brian Cozzens - 1999 Isuzu Vehicross, you on this board? Nice photos, looks like you guys had some FUN!

http://www.3drealms.com/caught/offroad.html

-Dave

Dallas4u
04/15/2004, 02:34 PM
That would be Whaleboy!

WormGod
04/15/2004, 09:28 PM
Yep, I remember he posted those pics some time time ago. I think Brian and his crew should ease back on the offroading time and finally ship that Duke Nukem Forever title.... cause it has literally taken them, forever. :p

*just poking ya in the ribs Whaleboy*

Whaleboy
04/16/2004, 10:12 PM
yeah, that was back on vmag when I posted those. thanks for stoppin by the site cyrk :D

it was a whole lotta fun. It was the first time I had ever done any offroading.

I don't have the '99 VX anymore, but now a '01 as the other threw a rod, was covered under carmax extended warranty but ended up with a god awful rebuilt block that made it run like a pinto.

Pissed me off because I would've just bought the shortblock myself and have them cover labor if I knew they were gonna screw me.

There's quite a number of VX's around my area (Garland), I still think I'm the only one on here.

worm - hey we shipped Max Payne, it's not like we've done nothin :P

Spike
04/17/2004, 09:52 AM
Yes, Max Payne was very nicely done.. and I don't want to short change the efforts... but he ain't no Duke Nukem!

It was the well thought out sarcastic, tounge in cheek humor that I liked most about Duke 3D.

Like the "I dont have time to..." comment when you hit the pinball machine (which was revised when Balls of Steel pinball came out)

The Beavis & Butthead like comments from the drive through window.

The pokes at Mission Impossible and the Avengers and Get Smart on that one level.

The funniest thing I ever experienced in D3D, was actually very early in the game, and it only happened once.

There was a pile of 'something' near some monsters.
It looked like, well... excrement. Regardless, I shot at it or walked over to it, .. and sure enough, that is what it was... Duke commented "Shi...!" I couldn't stop laughing, and subsequently got killed.

I know one thing, I will DEFINITELY have to buy a new PC when (giving the benefit of the doubt) Duke Forever finally comes out...

Oh, and just for the record...

Dopefish Lives!

Cyrk
04/18/2004, 07:10 AM
Man Max Payne2 was GREAT! good job...

Now when are we going to get our VX's in a good game?

Hook it up! I know of 2 guys that are working in the video game industry (You and Worm)... wishful thinking.

-Dave