PDA

View Full Version : Friends of Walt Lesher

Swordy
04/15/2004, 12:27 AM
For those of you that were friends of Walts, he passed away of cancer on April 3. Walt was a Moderator for club.Vmag in the Amigo forum, and frequented outdoorwire, and vx.info as well. Walt was a member of the so cal dirt devils,and had held an office there for quite some time. He was one of the best guys you could ever hope to ride with, and for those of us that knew him, it is a great loss. This came as a suprise to me, I had wondered why he hadn't been answering any e-mails, they would just be returned as mailbox full. I am really at a loss for what to say,,, except...
We miss you Walt! I know wherever you are your makin' em smile!
-------------------------------------------------------------
http://swordforger.net/vx/walt4.jpg
http://swordforger.net/vx/walt3.jpg
http://swordforger.net/vx/walt5.jpg
Happy Trails Bud
________________________________________________-
FW:

Funeral Services will be held for Walt Lesher this Thursday, April 15, 2004 at Brea Baptist Church in Brea, Ca. 217 E. Birch Street (714) 255-9877. Viewing will be from 9 am to 12:30 pm and the service will be from 12:30 to 1:30 pm.
The burial will begin PROMPTLY at 2:30 pm at Riverside National Cemetery at Staging Area # 3 in Riverside, Ca. 22495 Van Buren Boulevard (909) 653-8417.

In lieu of flowers, my mother has asked that donations be made to:
American Red Cross Blood Services
Southern California Region
1130 South Vermont Avenue
Los Angeles, Ca 90006-2713

Checks should be made payable to:
American Red Cross Blood Services
Please note in the MEMO area:
Apheresis

My father completed over 100 platelet donations before he was diagnosed with
cancer, as he went for Apheresis every two weeks for quite some time, so it was something very important to him.
Laura Lesher

Anita
04/15/2004, 09:01 AM
Walt spent a lot of time with us VXer's when it came to our Los Angeles meets. Every meet we would schedule, he would always send me an email and ask if a "Non-VX" "Non-Elitist" Amigo owner could tag along. Always warm and very funny, Walt was our mascot on many runs. So skilled at 4-wheeling and always willing to help, he will be sorely missed by many friends here.
http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/medium/7walt_and_his_amigo.jpg

WormGod
04/15/2004, 11:32 AM
Never had the pleasure of meeting Walt, but it sounds as though the offroading community will indeed miss him, as a skilled offroader and as a friend. My heart goes out to him and his family.

Moncha
04/15/2004, 11:47 AM
I am devastated!

Walt has been an inspiration and a great help in keeping this community together. His contributions and opinions were always a wonderful addition. I never got to meet Walt personally but, I consider him one of my brothers.

I will sorely miss Walt and I pray for his family and friends.

Walt, my friend, I hope you find your peace and I know you will always be with us in our endeavors. Good bye, buddy.

lenny
04/15/2004, 01:08 PM
Never had the pleasure of meeting Walt

BUT MY HEART GOES OUT TO HIS FAMILY AND FRIENDS

Daver
04/15/2004, 06:16 PM
:(

I only met him a couple/few times, but it was always educational and fun. :) He will be missed.

-Daver

Baxman
04/15/2004, 06:44 PM
Walt owned some rental property in the Portland area and occasionally joined our PNWIOR (Pacific NW Isuzu off-roaders) runs when he was in the area. What a tragic loss. Walt will be missed by all who knew him.

Panther_Black_VX
04/15/2004, 08:23 PM
I am sorry I never had the pleasure of meeting Walt as well. My prayers go out for him and his family.

hotleopardmama
04/01/2005, 01:01 AM
I know this is nearly a year later, but I just happened to be "Googling" my name tonight just to see what would come up, and Google listed this particluar forum... My name is Laura Lesher, and I'm Walt Lesher's daughter.

Thank you all so much... It's nice to know my dad had friends all over the place... He really was a good guy--sometimes a little rough around the edges, but he always meant well.

We miss him very much here at home... This coming Sunday, April 3rd, will be the one year anniversary (don't care much for the use of that word--not exactly something I'm excited to celebrate) of his passing.

His wasn't the most dignified of passing, but it was more or less pretty peaceful, and he was surrounded by his family as he took his last breath, so I don't believe there was much more he could've asked for--except for maybe a few more years of life, but we can't win 'em all, I guess... :sighy:

I can see those nice pics you have of my dad, and was wondering if any of you could email any pictures of my dad that you might have gathering dust on your hard drives... that would really be fantastic.

My email: hotleopardmama@yahoo.com

Thank you so much!

nocturnalVX
04/01/2005, 02:20 AM
Hi Laura,
I'd like to say (as I've also lost my father) that though it is difficult to accept the loss, it is good to know that your father was an admired friend to many people. This Isuzu "family" is pretty cool, but it wouldn't be if it didn't have members like your father. Rough around the edges... maybe, but he must have been a good person to have so many friends. I'm glad you found this VehiCROSS site, and I am certain those that knew Walt well will chime in. I hope you get swamped with photos from the Zoids that wheeled with your dad! Best Wishes...
~ Gill

Green Dragon
04/01/2005, 06:31 AM
A real good guy, unlike some of us he won't need a strap or a locker to complete the trail to heaven.

Swordy
04/01/2005, 08:09 AM
Hi Laura,, I have lots of good photos of your dad. We wheeled together alot. I'll put them on a disc and mail em to you.
Andy

Ldub
04/01/2005, 10:01 AM
Having never personally met Walt, or any of you for that matter, this may sound strange. But after reading this thread from top to bottom I can't help feeling a sence of loss & regret that I will never have the opprotunity to meet the man who was so highly thought of in this community. My condolences to his family & all those who will carry on in his absence & miss him greatly.

Ldub

hotleopardmama
04/01/2005, 12:29 PM
That's awesome... my mom will appreciate the new pictures, too... Thank you so much! :)

Heraclid
04/01/2005, 07:21 PM
I just want to second what Ldub said (but he probably put it more eloquently than I could). I feel likewise and can't help but wish that I had met him.

BumbleV-X
04/01/2005, 07:32 PM
Laura,
First and formost...hugs kiddo! Your Dad was the Amigo I loved to follow. (Didn't like to be in front of him his darn air horn was too loud.) Your uncle and your father made Moab Zu a few years ago sooooooooo much fun. I thought for sure your dad was going to kill him if he called him "Frank" just one more time in public. (This is the time we wont mention your Dad about killing your uncle for his black sox and shorts.)
Your Dad made the Dirt Devils (so cal truck club) worth joining and the Rubicon run worth the drive. He was a great guy and well missed still by a lot of us! I wish I could send you my memories, because they are so vivid in my mind. :) Best I can do is have you go hug your mom and say thank you for sharing him.

Deby