PDA

View Full Version : IMPORTANT!!!!!!! Carbon-Werks

Anita
04/13/2004, 03:19 PM
Guys, I dont know what this means to us. Check this out :

http://www.eclipseforums.org/showthread.php?threadid=154417

AlaskaVX
04/13/2004, 03:33 PM
OMG!!!! Thanks for posting! We need to know about this stuff. Well if it comes down to it I have an AK-47 with a 100-round drum! ;) And the money I was planning on spending can be used for gas to drive down to MOAB, then after that a trip to carbon-werks.

John any explanation? This is scary stuff! Expect me on your doorstep if you screw us!!!!!!!!!!! Otherwise, thanks for doing this for us LOL!!!!!!

Please give us an explanation!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dallas4u
04/13/2004, 04:43 PM
Yes Anita... thanks for bringing this to everyone's attention. We deserve to see this no matter what.

I hope he comes through for everyone... not keeping everyone up-to-date while he has so much of our money is a little unsettling.

videoboy
04/13/2004, 05:13 PM
see this, as well:

http://www.matrixowners.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=18175&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0&sid=6ea66d46cd9d7d8fc82b4a8a5834f1c4

looks like none of these(paid up) people have received anything either

stephen

volume311
04/13/2004, 05:56 PM
:cough: hotshot intakes any one? :cough:
Talk about "owned" :mbrasd:

WormGod
04/14/2004, 08:44 AM
Well, I am gonna try to hold my judgement here. I do appreciate any info found regarding the business and products, but until I see something, I still say John has been really good about handling the business. I have had many informative and constructive phone/email conversations with him. And for now, I will take 01VX's word for it when he said the work looks pretty good. If anything, I will be in LA next month for a week, and I can always stop by and take a look at John's work.

What can ya do though ya know? Until someone here decides to start pulling some weight, like Ron, and fabbing parts, then we are doomed to live the life of chance takers. *shrug*

And no, volume311, this isn't a HotShot deal. Big difference between an outsider (Rodeo and Trooper owner) offering "deals" as a middleman. 01VX is a member here and I got his back on this, and I still have faith in John at Carbon Werks. Even though the ricers have spoken, I am gonna keep walking tall. ;)

Anita
04/14/2004, 09:35 AM
I want you guys to understand that it was practically by accident that I came upon this link. I am not after Carbon-Werks, they have done me no harm. My choice not to offer my VX as test vehicle was simply an effort to protect my all-too-temperamental hood insert.
I laboured on whether or not to post it. But after talking with a couple of other VXer's, I did post the link. However, realizing that no two situations are the same I made no commentary concerning it.

Dallas4u
04/14/2004, 09:36 AM
Originally posted by volume311
:cough: hotshot intakes any one? :cough:
Talk about "owned" :mbrasd:

I'm sorry... were you in on that Hotshots deal? We're you around at that time?

WormGod
04/14/2004, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by Dallas4u
I'm sorry... were you in on that Hotshots deal? We're you around at that time?

Of course he wasn't Dallas.... he drives a Rodeo Sport anyways. Everyone on the outside has an opinion too, as you can see, heh.

Anita, I understand you are just stating that for the record, and I didnt mean offense to you by saying what I did. It was not my intention at all. :) I think that was a good find on your part. It's good to know others have had problems, so hopefully we can avoid any problems by communicating more with Carbon Werks instead of trash takling them, like the other forums appear to be.

blumatrix03
04/14/2004, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by videoboy
see this, as well:

http://www.matrixowners.com/modules...82b4a8a5834f1c4

looks like none of these(paid up) people have received anything either

stephen

hey guys. i stumbled across this forum kinda like Anita found our forum. i'm actually the guy who's running this GB for matrixowners.com and all i can say is, don't believe everything you read. if you even breezed thru some of the pages of the GB, you would see that john has provided nothing but great communication during the entire fabrication process, which is still underway, so it's not really fair to jump to conclusions.

allow me a few minutes of your time to share my experience with John and CW. i am in no way affiliated with carbon-werks, but as an online business man, i hate seeing an honest business get crapped on b/c punk kid started something on a forum!

i was referred to CW a few months ago while trying to get a custom grille made for the Matrix community. after a couple calls with John, i figured if their work wasn't to my liking, i wouldn't waste any more of my time pursuing the custom grille with CW. i scheduled a visit with John and got a chance to see some of the the custom projects they were working on at the shop. needless to say, i liked their work enough to pursue not one but two GB's for the matrix community.

john has been working on the custom grille for close to 6 weeks now. it turned out to be a much more difficult project than he originally had anticipated but he was very good about communicating updates and pictures to me so i wouldn't be left to fend for myself on the forum since i had set up the GB's. after the most recent test fit, we realized the grille was unbalanced so john has gone back to the drawing board to improve the plug/mold for improved fitment. i'm not sure how much all this extra R&D is costing him, but at $200 a grille, i'm not even sure how much he's making per piece. i don't say this to make you feel sorry for the guy. as a businessman myself, sometimes that's just what the cost of business is and you really can't do anything about it. and yet, john hasn't come back to me requesting that i collect more money from participants of the GB.

this is the first of five custom CF parts john will be making for the matrix community, and i intend to see this GB thru. i've been to the shop, i've met john and a few of his employees, i've seen their work, and i'm basing my decision on all of this.

i've actually approached john about the info i found from the eclipse forum after seeing it a couple days ago and basically, it was some punk kid who undermined john and tried to rip him off, and is now refusing to pay. and naturally, john's not going to send off the parts until he gets paid. whether you believe that or not is up to you, but from my recent experience with john, i have no reason to not believe him.

i apologize for this lengthy story, but John's provided excellent customer service to the matrix community and i didn't feel that it was right for him to get slammed like this for no particular reason. if you have any specific questions, please feel free to email me or IM me and i'd be more than happy to get into more detail with you.

here are links to the two GB's i'm running on CW's custom parts:
http://www.matrixowners.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=18175&sid=cf3ffd751005f6c6ff661bb4ba47b22e

http://www.matrixowners.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=19298&sid=cf3ffd751005f6c6ff661bb4ba47b22e

btw, WormGod, i applaud you on being so level headed about this! ;)

AlaskaVX
04/14/2004, 01:05 PM
Well I admit I was too fast to :flame: but this forum has been through this before, and a lot of people lost money. I appoligize if my post ticked you off John. I have big plans in the CF area and was extremely dissapointed when I read the eclipse forum.

Thanks for posting blu!

It just kinda seemed to be a scam to me since he was really in a hurry to get everyones money then there was time with no word from him. But John explained himself in the other post (moving shops) and again I appoligize for my above post but I'm not about to delete it. Its a message for all those scammers checking out the forum.

And I really wanted an excuse to go to MOAB!!!! LOL!

VXMAN
04/14/2004, 02:07 PM
Way to setp-up & appoligize AlaskaVX ;) Almost everyone here knows, people are alittle skiddish after the whole HotShot thing, which I was in on! Then N1 disappeared with others $$$! But, I for one have full faith in John & Carbon Werks! Moving is a big deal, just ask Ron. It was also nice to see John come here a post an update. I hope this helps clam the masses. Hang in there people, I feel good things are coming our way! Blumatrix03, thanks for your input as well. I've read all 28 pages of your progress and I can see, John is going the 'extra-mile' on your project. After scraping his first 2 grills, he must be losing money at this point. Maybe not in out-of-pocket-expense, but difinetly in his time-n-labor. Ok, enough buttering-up. Pisst, John, now when the scoop inserts are done, ship mine 1st, will ya. :yesr:
;Db;

Dave...

Hotsauce
04/14/2004, 04:12 PM
Anita:

If you will allow test fit to your truck, and your insert cracks, I will exchange my undamaged original insert for yours(even exchange)

John C.

Tone
04/14/2004, 04:14 PM
It would be nice if instead of all the speculation and trash talking that someone make the effort to go by the shop. Even if you are not into the CF deal, help out the rest of us by stopping in and see what is going on.

WyrreJ
04/14/2004, 08:17 PM
Tone is absolutely right.

I've seen enough internet-hosted scams over the years that I can confidently say that so far, all the talk here and on the other forums proves nothing either way. It is human nature to think both the best and worst of others and that goes triple for when a person's money is on the line.

Since this isn't a religion, you don't have to have faith. You can trust all you want, but verification is the only way to know.

01VX
04/14/2004, 09:24 PM
Is this a soap opra? I talked to jon today and he did purchase a whole VX hood (should be here by the end of the week) if thats not getting it done Im not sure what is, he's taking his own cash and getting a hood he will never use just to get the fittment right since none of us could make an effort to get there for a fit.

WormGod
04/15/2004, 07:21 AM
Well 01VX, you never know, there may still be a use for it. Now it is possible to open the avenue for full hood modifications. I am sure John would like the get a full lap out of it. I realise we are going for inserts now, but a whole hood? Hmmm, there's something I may be interested in.

But, one thing at a time. Inserts, mirror covers, and a-pillar covers first. :)

Bantan
04/15/2004, 08:48 AM
Originally posted by WormGod
Well 01VX, you never know, there may still be a use for it. Now it is possible to open the avenue for full hood modifications. I am sure John would like the get a full lap out of it. I realise we are going for inserts now, but a whole hood? Hmmm, there's something I may be interested in.

But, one thing at a time. Inserts, mirror covers, and a-pillar covers first. :)
I like the whole hood Idea, good way to lighten the load ;)
Might not be a good time to mention this, but how about cf grills like the matrix owners?
http://gallery.genvibe.com/albums/03SEMAMatrix/07_TRD_Matrix_grille.sized.jpg ;)