PDA

View Full Version : Unable to find Nitto Terra Grapplers 18"

VR4-Quest
04/13/2004, 01:11 PM
I cant find these things anywhere (P285/60R18). Discount tire says Nitto is no longer producing them and they dont know when they will build more (possibly a mold issue). They have no word. I emailed Nitto with no response.

Guess I'm gonna settle for Dunlops new Grandtrek AT2, an all terrain tire that is agressive and my second choice to Grapplers. A lot cheaper too at Tire Rack for $120.

Does anyone know where to get some Grapplers?

Thanks!

autox-racer
04/13/2004, 01:37 PM
I got mine at discount and it took a few weeks as they had to be shipped from several locations...that was several months ago.

let us know what you hear from Nitto.... would be a sad day when i need to look for new tires again if Nitto does not make them anymore... they look awesome on the VX

Green Dragon
04/13/2004, 02:27 PM
Try National Tire & Wheel 1-800-847-3287
They show them for sale in the May issue of Four Wheeler.

Bob;Do;

TucsonVX
04/13/2004, 05:37 PM
I got mine 285/60/18 at tire rack $108 each free shipping.

coachreed
04/13/2004, 06:59 PM
Originally posted by WetMutt
I got mine 285/60/18 at tire rack $108 each free shipping.

Well, I just went to tirerack.com and didn't even see that they have Nitto listed... do you have a link or contact from your purchase? I need a fifth tire for my spare... and if these tires are getting hard to come by, I'd like to get one NOW... I will buy one ASAP upon finding it. Lemme know... thanks! BTW, I got my tires from Discount and recently checked their web site... they showed some at their Ohio wharehouse... don't know if that means anything or not... but thought I'd mentione it.

**Edit... I went to discount tires direct and found that they have less than four of each of these tires at two different locations... and the price is WAY more than what WetMutt found... tried to link... didn't work.
TTYL!

Coach... I mean Randy (I often forget who I really am) ;)
http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/406banner.jpg (http://www.geocities.com/ironmanvx2000)
Undergoing LS1 Conversion as we speak!
Click Image to Visit My Website!

mrtew
04/13/2004, 07:49 PM
I waited for three months and Discount tires finally got some in a few weeks ago. Check with them... I think they factory has started making them again! They are great and worth hunting down/waiting for! I got them at the Discount tires on Rochester Road in Troy MI. That wouldn't be TOO long of drive for you. Your old tires won't fit in the truck for the trip home I don't think though.

VehiP&J
04/14/2004, 06:12 AM
please let us now what nitto says.

Triathlete
04/14/2004, 12:58 PM
WETMUTT.... check your PM's. Tried emailing you but your firewall from hell keeps kicking it back.

Tone
04/14/2004, 05:31 PM
In stock at 3 warehouses discountiredirect or the ATs are limited at 2 warehouses - of course 285x60s won’t fit without trimming and raising the t-bars....

coachreed
04/14/2004, 07:08 PM
Originally posted by Tone
In stock at 3 warehouses discountiredirect or the ATs are limited at 2 warehouses - of course 285x60s won’t fit without trimming and raising the t-bars....

Ya know, thats funny... I actually mounted my 285/60/18's and drove home... the ONLY time they touched was if I was going in reverse, while turning, and braking at the same time... it was SOOOO small of a rub that you wouldn't know it if you weren't looking for it. Of course, I did the SMALL trim on the front cladding and lifted it 3" pretty quick just to make it look mo' bigga!

Anyway... just my two cents!

t2p
04/15/2004, 06:04 AM
My VX had new 265-60-18's mounted on it when I purchased it.
They rubbed.

VR4-Quest
04/15/2004, 07:08 AM
Tire rack doesnt carry them, unless this is some other tire rack, plus they dont offer free shipping, nor is that price even close to what they cost at Discount tire ($178).

I did find some, at Online tires .com in CA. They should be here next week. $165 each, plus shipping. They were the only place via the internet that I called and talked to and had them.

I would like to avoid triming my clading, so I hope your right coachreed, although I am gonna lift it about 1 - 2".

VCAMILO
04/15/2004, 09:19 AM
:mad: I wanted the BF Goodrich All Terrain but they are in back order. My buddy is going to install the Terra Grapplers today for 150 each installed. WOHOO! So, yes they are still available w/ only 4 hrs notice. ;Dy; happy but sad because I wanted the BF tires. They would have been about 1.1 inches bigger in diameter. :(

mrtew
04/15/2004, 06:35 PM
Originally posted by Tone

Nah, no lift is necessary. Just the little trim of the corner plastic inside the front wheelwell.