PDA

View Full Version : Central WA Dunes/Trail Run 4/24

Baxman
04/12/2004, 09:01 PM
The dunes at the base of Sentinal Mountain NEAR Beverly Dunes are more varied and more challenging than at Beverly. A couple creep up the side of the mountain and cannot be conquered. We'll spend some time there, doing our best to triumph over the steep ones. The trailhead to Sentinal Mtn. is at the NE part of the dunes. It heads east for 1-2 miles before turning abrubtly south up the side of the mountain. Very steep with some loose soil areas and 2 or 3 small rocky ledges to get over. The remainder of the trail isn't too steep, but is cut into the side of the mountain - passenger, don't look down! Lunch at the 2400' summit where there is a great view and and the possibility of soaring hangliders and paragliders launching from nearby. Some rim damage is possible, and the hill is a real butt-puckerer. Minimal pinstriping. (pre-run last month)

Meet at the Northbend McD's 4/24/04 at 8am. Or meet at the Beverly, WA (Schwanna) Store/Gas at 10:30am. We'll use CB channel 4, FRS channel 4.0.

Reply here if you think you can make it.:coolp:

Teckhardt
04/14/2004, 06:02 PM
Bax-

I'll meet you at McD's with my Pathfinder buddy in tow (he may be literally "in tow" later in the day depending on conditions)

Trenton

webdog
04/14/2004, 11:01 PM
I'm still planning to make that one. I work till 0330 AM that day, so I might be a little late. I will be driving from the Tri-cities area.:cool:

Dallas4u
04/15/2004, 02:22 PM
Sorry Rick, I will be at Mt Hood that weekend. First trip out snowboarding since I've been in the NW... well, really ever for that matter.

Teckhardt
04/16/2004, 07:15 PM
Rick:

What is the latest headcount?

Baxman
04/19/2004, 04:36 PM
So far we're expecting 3 VXs, 2 Troopers, 2 Wranglers, a Rodeo, Isuzu P/U, and a Pathfinder. But you just never know until the day of the "party".

Rick