PDA

View Full Version : The Lost Boyz

Triathlete
01/05/2003, 09:15 PM
Well the Tucson off-road 'venture is now past history. It was only me and vcamilo. It wasn't the quantity but the quality! After an uneventful start, in which we found a mud hole;eekr; and changed the color of our Ebony VX's to a nice shade of red mud, we made a navigational error...uhhh, we were lost! So our rated 3 trail quickly became a 4+ (maybe even a 5 in some places). After V got stuck when he slid into a deeeeeeeeeeppppppppppppp rut (did I say it was DEEP?) we discovered that directing each other through obstacles made them a lot easier! We then conquired some pretty amazing terrain. Our 5 hour trip became an epic 12+ hour adventure! Pics will be up soon! Those who were going to make it missed out... or not depending on how you look at it! ;Dr;

Moncha
01/06/2003, 06:18 AM
Oh man, do I miss the days of getting lost in the woods!!

I'm glad you guys are ok and safe and had lot's of fun!!
That should be a learned rule, always have a guide for the tough stuff...

Triathlete
01/06/2003, 10:32 AM
The pictures are now posted in my gallery [Click] (http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/showgallery.php?cat=3014&ppuser=28&thumb=1)

Baxman
01/07/2003, 08:53 PM
Looks like it was a great time! Nice to see VXs doing what they were built for. Great terrain; around here the forest is so thick, it's always lush green, but wet and dark, and distant vews are hard to come by. Glad you got out OK!

Triathlete
01/10/2003, 11:08 AM
It was a lot of fun Bax. Only problem with this "vast" openness known as the desert is that every living plant has hard thorns that leave behind "Arizona pinstripes". No matter how cautious you are you still get a few. Luckily most rub out. As far as getting out...we just followed the sun! I always knew that time served in the boy scouts and the Marine Corp. would come in handy!;Dy;
Can't wait for the next outting. I think we will be going up the Phoenix way next time. Possibly the back way to Crown King. So if anyone else is interested (all you Phoenixites and maybe some Cali VXers)...say tuned! It will be an all VX meet! Maybe someone will have a GPS!!!!;eekr;

Zu4two
01/18/2003, 06:20 PM
Hey, that trip to Crown King, up the back road sounds like alot of fun!

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/82ckvx6-med.jpg

This is a shot of my trip to Crown King last spring. I know that they closed the trail last summer, due to the drought, but I would imagine it's open again. There were some challenging sections on the trail, but my unlifted VX made it, no problem!

We need to jump on this and put something together before it gets too hot.

I was going to join your last adventure, but I don't think the rental car would have made it ;)

Kirk

Triathlete
01/18/2003, 07:11 PM
Rental car? You obviously didn't see the movie "Jackass"! They rent a car....
have a roll cage welded in...
enter a demolision derby...
then return it;eeky;
Then they tell the guy "but we got the extra insurance"!;Dy;