PDA

View Full Version : Nifty Performance Computer

Joe_Black
04/09/2004, 10:55 PM
I've been searching through digital instrumentation for a motorcycle project I'm working on and came across this: Veypor Performance Computer (http://www.veypor.com/)

Although it's marketed towards the cycle industry it can also be used in autos... pretty much anything really. In any case, I thought it'd be pretty cool mounted where the fuzzy-hole is. Something very different (and useful) for the performance geeks or those who like lots of blinky-lights.;Do;

Heraclid
04/10/2004, 07:19 AM
I came across the same thing at Best Buy last weekend. Different brand, but same concept. It was cheaper than the Veypor, I think (maybe not better, but comparable), so that maybe something to look into if this kind of thing interests you.

Joe_Black
04/10/2004, 08:07 AM
Thanks, I've seen the BestBuy thing and it's a whole different animal. The Veypor, come to find out, gets used on round-the-world motorcycle treks and is often used to replace the entire instrument cluster. It can withstand being baked in the sun, covered in mud and drenched in downpours. Not that it would in our VX's (typically), but that's nice to know. It can also accomodate two different vehicles in memory, so you can move it from one to another. Cool!

azskyrider
04/10/2004, 10:24 AM
Hello,
Are looking for something to read MPH since most motorcycles run cables?

If so then you can go to any Bicycle shop and buy an electronic speedo. They are way cheaper in the range from $20 and offer timer,MPH, distance, fastest MPH for bragging rights .:D There are many makes and models though not as sophisticated as the one you are looking at but is small and detachable so you can carry with you. It is about the size of a wrist watch and connects to no electrical source on the bike. Installation takes about 3 minutes.

I used them on my race bike so I could guage how fast I was getting through on the straight and was way cheaper to replace when the shiny side was no longer up. I had mine on my Yamaha R1 and Ram air 86 VFR 750 custom bike.

Cheers,

Joe_Black
04/10/2004, 10:32 AM
Thought about that, but want tachometer function. Basically I'm working on a streetfighter and had been looking at Dakota Digital gauges ( $$$! ) when I came across the Veypor in my latest Aerostitch catalog. It still seems like the best package of features for the dollar. The fact I could throw it in the VX for virtual-dyno info is an added bonus!

psychos2
04/10/2004, 10:58 AM
here is another option.http://www.gtechpro.com/