PDA

View Full Version : Rotor question....

jayfotos
04/08/2004, 01:15 PM
Ok, say I order a set of rotors, just to be safe, have them checked before having them put on.

Is there any way to check to see if they are warped before putting them on?

t2p
04/08/2004, 02:02 PM
???
You could take them to an auto parts place with a machine shop - they could put them on the lathe and see if they are true ......
???
when I was a kid, I worked at a station that put every new rotor on the lathe before they installed them ......
but it appears many (most ?) places just install the rotors ......
???

jayfotos
04/08/2004, 02:26 PM
Cool, I plan on just bringing them in to see if they are all straight first...then set up a install.

I don't want to show up at install and they say one is warped, then go through the hassel and waiting for the replacement....ya hea.

nater
04/09/2004, 01:49 PM
jayfotos, I've installed dozens of new rotors on cars. The thought to check for warping has never crossed my mind. Rotors get warped while on the car, not while on the shelf. Are you buying them used? If so, then yes, they might be warped. Otherwise, spray 'em with brake cleaner, and put 'em on.

Nate

jayfotos
04/09/2004, 01:55 PM
Thanks Nater.

I just was'nt sure, I hear people say they had warped rotors.....Thought they had'm put on and they were warped apon placement.....not that after use they would warp.

What a decent warentee for rotors? 60 days after install? life of the car?

I'm getting a good deal on cross drilled/slotted front and rear rotos and the warentee is 60 days after install.....is this standard warentee?