PDA

View Full Version : ooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Anita
04/08/2004, 11:00 AM
Me likey lots!!

New Mustang (http://autoshow.aolsvc.edmunds.com/news/autoshow/articles/101518/page010.html?tid=asv.e.autoshow..leftnav.11.*)

;Dy;

Dallas4u
04/08/2004, 11:02 AM
Not bad.

VX_PA
04/08/2004, 11:05 AM
Lots of carbon-fibre. Humm, wonder where they got that idea from?? It's not set-up for the street though, full out track car.

Dallas4u
04/08/2004, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by VX_PA
Lots of carbon-fibre. Humm, wonder where they got that idea from??

I would guess every other race car made.

Cyrk
04/08/2004, 01:08 PM
Thing is SWEET!!!!!

http://www.supercars.net/PicFetch?pic=2004_ford_mustang_gt-r-1.jpg

http://www.supercars.net/PicFetch?pic=2004_ford_mustang_gt-r-3.jpg

http://www.supercars.net/PicFetch?pic=2004_ford_mustang_gt-r-2.jpg

azskyrider
04/08/2004, 01:50 PM
very sweet..... until you start seeing them a dime a dozen like the current mustang and then the love starts to fade.

The GT-40 from Ford is a nice one. Too bad it is out of my reach!!:(

VX crazy
04/08/2004, 02:24 PM
I agree! Way nice ride! My first car was a mustang cobra, got into LOTS of trouble with it.

Heraclid
04/08/2004, 04:16 PM
I look at it and see a stroke of brilliance but it's just not quite there yet. Looks... I don't know... cheaper than it oughta look (?) Or maybe not clean enough in terms of the design... there are little extras that take away from what it could be rather than make it look cool. Just my humble opinion.

WyrreJ
04/08/2004, 05:59 PM
That rear spoiler really spoils the lines.

Eckstream
04/09/2004, 11:09 AM
Im sorry but Ford ruined me(mustang in particular).... I bought a 03 GT and it broke down in the first 40 miles I owned the car..... Starter burned out, rear diff falling apart,center console vents dont blow air out,either of the two cig lighters never worked.... All in the first 2 mos. Ford would not give me a new car but only fix the one I had.... Needless to say I stapled my salesmans tie to his desk. Im so glad I got rid of that POS for my VX!

SpaceTruck'n
04/09/2004, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by WyrreJ
That rear spoiler really spoils the lines.

I agree!

What do you need a wing on the trunk for anyway? Its not going to contribute much downforce until you hit 70Mph or so.
Its a childish contribution to an otherwise cool car. It fills me with the urge to vomit. Just like I did in the theater when I saw "Fast and Furious" and VIN (Vehicle Identification Number) Deisel, did that fake wheelie.
10 feet in the air.
With street tires.
And the tires smoked.
And the race lasted like a whole minute.

The steering wheel is the coolest thing on the whole car.

redline
04/09/2004, 05:36 PM
There not even out yet and I'm tired of them.See them every day tooling around Dearborn where I work/white with camo speckles.

Leah
04/09/2004, 08:49 PM
I love this retro-fitting new cars. The older cars had shape and personality. That's what sold me on the VX. I used to be a huge Mustang fan until they started looking like everything else out there. I'm thrilled to see they're going back to the best looking Mustang shape ever made, the '69 fastback!

Awesome!

Maverick
04/09/2004, 10:30 PM
best looking rustang since 72' ... its about time! now if theyed only bring back the Maverick ..... :goof:

Anita
04/10/2004, 01:17 AM
When I first saw this car, I wasnt looking and the spoiler or any of the "stylistic" add ons. I saw the old body style that I so love and wish would come back. Loved the Machs and Shelbys.

A few of my friends own the present day Mustangs. The problems they have with their cars, makes our VX problems puny in comparison.

Triathlete
04/10/2004, 01:30 PM
What do you need a wing on the trunk for anyway? Its not going to contribute much downforce until you hit 70Mph or so

Uhh! This stang is built for the track. It will probably be doing in excess of 70mph. Therefore the wing is probably more for function than style. It is the same style wing used on many GTP race cars including vettes, ferarris and porsches.