PDA

View Full Version : Redneck approval!

Triathlete
04/07/2004, 08:41 AM
While filling the gas tank this weekend this beater Ford truck pulls into the pump ahead of me. The passenger door opens and out rolls this 5'3" 210lbs white guy wearing cut off levi's, a white "Nascar" t-shirt, boots, over the calf "tube" socks and sporting huge pork chop sideburns and a beer gut hanging out below the t-shirt. He immediately walks to the front of my VX, stops and stares at it for a couple of minutes. He then steps a bit to the side and looks some more. Then he looks at me and says "what is it"? I tell him its an Isuzu Vehicross. He then turns and yells at his lady to get out of the truck and look at this "thing". They both stare for a while and then he says "thats perdy cool". I thanked him, got in and drove away laughing. The VX got the redneck approval! ;Dy; ;Dy; ;Dy; ;Dy; ;Dy; ;Dy;

SPAZZ
04/07/2004, 08:51 AM
it was just a redneck approval...or something straight out of deliverence...with the Consan Guinity goin on????

or Cabin fever"Everybody knows not to sit next to Dennis...he bites"

Triathlete
04/07/2004, 08:57 AM
Well, there was no duelling banjos playing in the background!;eeky;

azskyrider
04/07/2004, 03:44 PM
At least he didn't say " You sure do have a pretty mouth" ;eekp;

Deliverance..... Anybody see that Chevy commercial where friends are camping when at night they hear the banjo playing from the movie and they all look at each other and JUMP in the Trailblazer and take off?

I laughed really hard when I saw that commercial but my wife has never seen Deliverance so she never got it.

Heraclid
04/07/2004, 03:47 PM
LOL! Yeah, saw that commercial too. :-)

That's pretty amazing that the redneck approved. Usually they're diehard Chevy, Ford, or Dodge types, and everything else isn't worth crap to them, especially Ford or Dodge if they have a Chevy. Let alone anything foreign! Then again, one of my uncles in Alabama is a real redneck and he liked my VX, too.

If you're ever on I-77 and you get a chance to stop off in Marmet, WV, I can practically guarantee you will have an interesting experience of the "my daughter's momma is my sister and my daughter is pregnant with my daughter" variety. We used to stop in there for gas a lot when we ran from Florida to Ohio every other month or so. Without fail, we saw some freaky people. Sorry to any of you West Virginians, but it's the truth. Not like that everywhere, but at that place, always.

Anita
04/07/2004, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by azskyrider
At least he didn't say " You sure do have a pretty mouth" ;eekp;
:laughb: :rotate: :laughb:

SPAZZ
04/07/2004, 04:08 PM
Well...just turning down some road to see the "Hollars" can get you some wrath straight out of the movie "Wrong Turn"......

azskyrider
04/07/2004, 04:17 PM
try-athlete ;) :p

Think they were from Oracle?:D

Just make sure you leave early if they are playing the Banjo and it is getting dark;Dy;

SPAZZ
04/07/2004, 04:18 PM
Squeel like a pig, Boy.....Squeel like a pig!!!!

WormGod
04/07/2004, 06:18 PM
That's a change. I had a redneck come up to me last winter and he looked at my VX. He then looked to me and said "this yer car?" I said "yep". Then he said "do your guy friends make fun of you fer drivin a girl's car?"

More was said, but I wont get into that. So nope, no redneck approval here in MD.

coachreed
04/07/2004, 06:30 PM
I've gotten every kind of approval that I can think off... INCLUDING redneck approval! Of course, I have also gotten redneck rejection! Sooo... its all good... as for deliverence... that's just plain scary! And yeah, the commercial was a riot... notice they just leave the camp set up and RUN!

Coach... I mean Randy (I often forget who I really am) ;)
http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/406banner.jpg (http://www.geocities.com/ironmanvx2000)
Undergoing LS1 Conversion as we speak!
Click Image to Visit My Website!

SPAZZ
04/07/2004, 09:27 PM
Dennis" PANCAKES!!!!"