PDA

View Full Version : Removal of Ironman logo

doubleadesign
04/06/2004, 10:11 PM
anyone have luck with removing and the residual ghost. i like the flat black color and don't want to have to repaint it glossy or with bumpy rubber. For fun i've contemplated an Apple logo. but was wondering how much of a headache the ghost is. I just don't think i'll ever do an ironman. i'vr done a half ironman but i don't think i'm built for a full one. maybe i can recreate the ironman logo to say tinman!

VXcaver
04/07/2004, 06:53 AM
I tried everything including 1000 wet sandpaper as a last resort. In the end it took two coats of black acrylic enamel to hide the ghosting. I think exposure to the sun, etc are factors. Others have had an easier time.

But here's my idea - get a used or new insert, and I'll buy your one with the Ironman ghost. I've been wanting a spare to paint more graphics on.

doubleadesign
04/07/2004, 07:40 AM
but couldn't find a place to buy a new one. i need to call a dealer. though i'm not sure i want to buy a new one. it might be cheaper to have it repainted somewhere instead.

VX_PA
04/07/2004, 08:14 AM
If you hold off, there will soon be some used inserts posted in the for sale once CarbonWorks ships the carbon fibre ones out. Cheaper than paint or buying a new one.

doubleadesign
04/07/2004, 10:21 AM
I'll do that! thanks!

XCross69
04/08/2004, 04:30 PM
FYI:
I happen to like my bump-E rubber!!!

Too, when I was checking in to it you could get it in different textures.

driver3
04/09/2004, 10:05 AM
For what it's worth, I took mine off the day after I bought it, April 13, 2001, and I still can see the old ironman... just if you look at it right. It doesn't bother me though...