PDA

View Full Version : Ford Sportka Commercial... WTF?! Must see video!

coachreed
04/06/2004, 07:30 PM
OK... my best friend turned me onto this... the local morning show in Tampa at http://mjmorningshow.com was talking about this video... if you haven't seen this commercial... you HAVE to see it... The Sportka is the Ka's EVIL twin.... check out this video... IF your a SERIOUS cat lover and can't take a joke, DO NOT view!

http://www.933flz.com/audio/cat.mpeg

Lemme know what you think!

Coach... I mean Randy (I often forget who I really am) ;)
http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/406banner.jpg (http://www.geocities.com/ironmanvx2000)
Undergoing LS1 Conversion as we speak!
Click Image to Visit My Website!

Heraclid
04/06/2004, 08:07 PM
That's just poor taste, period.

technocoy
04/06/2004, 08:30 PM
if you have seen the others you would understand... on that is frickin' hilarious has a pigeon landing on the hood i believe it is and the sportka swats it to oblivion. it's a hoot.

technocoy

coachreed
04/06/2004, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by Heraclid
That's just poor taste, period.

Was that poor taste on my part to post the link? I was in shock that a company marketing a car would make that video... I posted over at http://www.ls2.com and got banned for posting the link! I said it was warped... and so thought I was covering my butt... and they banned me! Anyway, from what my friend was telling me, there is ANOTHER video made for another one of their cars... a convertible... where the convertable top flings a bird off of it into traffic or something... and then it gets run over... yeah... poor taste if you ask me...

Should I have been banned over there for posting it? Should I be banned over here? For the record, I am a cat lover and have two of them... I wouldn't wish any harm on a cat... I seriously doubt they killed a cat for the commercial... geesh!

TTYL!

Triple X
04/06/2004, 08:46 PM
No, Coach you should not be banned anywhere for posting that link. And obviously no harm was done to the cat in making the commercial. I am a cat lover also. I had one for 18 years and now have had another one for about 6 years. What we have to remember is that the computer animation that started in the movies has now spread to tv and commercials as the technology and animation process have become cheaper. Have you guys seen the one with the baby where he kicks his dad in the crotch? It's for some kind of ice cream treat with bits of cheesecake in it (Baskin Robbins maybe?). Anyway, it's a cute commercial and a good example of what they're doing nowadays with computer animation in commercials.

No harm, no foul.

technocoy
04/06/2004, 08:54 PM
i think it's funny as hell and if someone doesn't have a sense of humor about this then they are not a proud car owner.

heres my demented contibution...
http://www.richmonddubs.com/bird.mpg

again, funny as hell.

this countries priorities are jacked up if you ask me. people watch people killed in comedy and entertainment all damn day long and laugh their asses of, and someone shows a CG cat getting it's curiosity's worth and we have to call in a UN peacekeeping force. (not directed at anyone here, have just seen the reaction to coach's commercial in other forums) sorry to rant.

peace, and don't take yourself so seriously people.
technocoy

coachreed
04/06/2004, 09:04 PM
OMG! That was funny as HELL! I think I almost woke my child up! LMAO! That was WAY more funny than the cat one... if for no other reason, I hate it when birds crap all over my car! Now THAT commercial makes me wanna own one of THOSE cars... only if it has the ANTI-BIRD option! Great find!

I just went back and forth with the moderator over on LS2.com... I had PMed him asking why I would be banned... when there is a warning at the entry of the Bar-N-Grill forum over there... it says that there might be offensive material... WTF?! They even warned them! ZeusJr (the mod) even cited illegal and unethical actions, attacking a moderator in public forum, and being a troll! I did NONE of those! I bet money that if I had posted the bird video over there, I wouldn't have gotten ANYTHING but laughter! No ban or nothing! Not even so much as a warning! Its all because of a cat got a CGI decapitation! Geesh! I'm fuming now!

Soooo... anyway, I think I need to PM the moderator again... with a link that one and ask if I would get banned for that... what do yo think the reply will be? I'll post back later... He'll probably give a permanent ban... even though I have been posting on LS1.com for YEARS and now been reading and posting on LS2.com... dang Nazi's! I just don't understand sometimes.

TTYL!

Coach!

Apostle
04/07/2004, 05:55 AM
The cat one: cant stand cats, but was shocked at the commercial. even though i know it was not real, but still, bad taste on Fords (?) part.

The bird one: a bit funny, but not that big of a deal

my 2 cents there.

VCAMILO
04/07/2004, 07:03 AM
;eekr; Way too much censorship in the USA. I liked the commercial. It gets the point across. KILLA!!! I was in Italy a few years back and they had a BAD *** KA in front of a dealer. A killer in the making! We all know the cat did not get hurt so lets laugh about it. It's advertising. IT WORKED! We are all talking about it.

P.S. This morning I had a lost cat scratching at my front door. :rolleyes: WEIRD EH!

Maverick
04/07/2004, 07:43 AM
my parakeets are now psychologically damaged for life..... but it may keep them away from my car models for awhile ;)

i thought they were both hilarious..twisted and sick, most definatly.. but i never claimed to have a "normal" sense of humor.. id of prefered to see a human get his head lopped off though.. i like animals much better....

as for those who were offended, there was a warning clearly stated, which i thought was very good of coach... with that there, once you click, theres no reason to b.. complain...

"Death hunts us all, you can try to run from it or stare in the eye and laugh ..its going to get you either way, id rather go with a smile...." - author unknown...

AlaskaVX
04/07/2004, 11:13 AM
I guess I have a very dark humor but I thought it was hillarious! Not what you would expect from a car company! BTW, I don't like cats.

VX_PA
04/07/2004, 11:28 AM
Coach,

You got banned from that?!?!? Wow, it just shows why commercials like that would never make it here in the U.S.A. I thought it was funny myself. I maybe would understand if you made the flick and posted it on a sight, but for crying out loud, it's a real commercial. The LS site moderators are a bunch of panty-wastes. Maybe they're afraid the internet police will get them?? LOL

psychos2
04/07/2004, 02:31 PM
both are hilarious!!! shawn

Heraclid
04/07/2004, 03:21 PM
Coach,

I wasn't saying you shouldn't have posted it. I just don't much care for the commercial and thought it was made in bad taste. That doesn't mean I might not have brought it up here too, though. It fits in on a vehicle forum like this. So I'm not knocking ya for that. Definitely should not get you banned from anything - that's taking it way overboard. I'm only stating my opinion, not griping at you, and I support your right to post it.

I have seen one where a dog is about to pee on a tire and the car lifts it's tire and pees on the dog. That's a hoot. I loved the Super Bowl one from several years ago with the pigeons trying to strafe the Nissan with bird crap, and the one ends up diving into the garage door. I have a sense of humor and I hate cats getting on my VX (it stays garaged but I swear if you leave it out for 5 minutes...), but I just didn't really dig this one.

Oh, and by the way, they apparently have a new Sportka one where it does something to some old people. Anyone got a link?

Also saw it does 0-62 in 9.7 seconds, like I'm supposed to be in awe of that. Ooh. My VX and my Avenger before it could easily do that and both are much heavier and neither are exactly rockets. A re-tooled Fiesta (which is what Sportka is) oughta have more oomph than that considering it's so small and light.

WormGod
04/07/2004, 06:12 PM
Ya, wow, they really make me wanna go out and buy a car that can so easily kill animals. :p

Sorry, poor marketing.... doesnt tell me a thing about the car except that the marketing department is a group of 7th graders on in school suspension.

For the record, I love cats. Guess that goes with being a Leo. :D

Panther_Black_VX
04/07/2004, 07:33 PM
As Conan Obrien says that is the kind of funny that makes you go

"Hahahahahahaaaaawwwww that's just not right!"

(The laugher fades out as the conscience fades in..)

I thought they were wickedly funny...

cvwad
04/07/2004, 08:10 PM
i think it's great, kinda like 'pithing' a fetus in a pregnancy termination!

coachreed
04/07/2004, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by cvwad

OK... are you serious?! We are talking about a CGI created ficticious commercial... your talking about ACTUALLY killing a living thing... am I over-reacting to your comparison? I in NO way condone killing a cat... I have two of the wonderful little getting-under-my-gimp-***-leg flee-bags... and ya know what... I'd NEVER hurt them and would inflict punishment to match anyone who was to harm them... or ANYONE elses pets for that matter. If your trying to play devil's advocate... kewl... but if your trying to put the two on the same level... I think your a little bit off. Poor taste commercial(s) sure but I am SURE there was NO harm done to the cat... if there was ever even a cat on that car! Geesh!

TTYL!

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/406banner.jpg (http://www.geocities.com/ironmanvx2000)

Joe_Black
04/07/2004, 08:48 PM
Great ad! The pigeon one is my fave, but this one is wickedly good as well. Reminds me of a time when common sense ruled the day and people could laugh an honest laugh, like before they started editing Bugs Bunny cartoons because they were supposedly too violent.

SGT.BATGUANO
04/07/2004, 09:41 PM
"We must protect our children" from that sort of thing, Bug's Bunny and the Three Stooges...................not!

I thought it was rather amusing :)

WyrreJ
04/08/2004, 06:42 PM
Originally posted by coachreed

I just went back and forth with the moderator over on LS2.com... I had PMed him asking why I would be banned... when there is a warning at the entry of the Bar-N-Grill forum over there... it says that there might be offensive material... WTF?! They even warned them! ZeusJr (the mod) even cited illegal and unethical actions, attacking a moderator in public forum, and being a troll! I did NONE of those! I bet money that if I had posted the bird video over there, I wouldn't have gotten ANYTHING but laughter! No ban or nothing! Not even so much as a warning! Its all because of a cat got a CGI decapitation! Geesh! I'm fuming now!

Soooo... anyway, I think I need to PM the moderator again... with a link that one and ask if I would get banned for that... what do yo think the reply will be? I'll post back later... He'll probably give a permanent ban... even though I have been posting on LS1.com for YEARS and now been reading and posting on LS2.com... dang Nazi's! I just don't understand sometimes.

Sounds like the problem is that the mods are just a bunch of *******!

Dallas4u
04/09/2004, 08:47 AM
Originally posted by cvwad

Wow, nice first post there, buddy... troll maybe here?

Originally posted by WyrreJ
Sounds like the problem is that the mods are just a bunch of *******!

Wow, I can't believe the auto-censor let you say *******!!

Anyway, I thought it was pretty funny. It's ALWAYS funny to see Americans pissed off at or criticizing the European way of life. They don't drive big V8s or hugely high horsepowered cars over there (most aren't anyway)... that's just the way it is. We see something like this and we're like, "Jeez, my Capri has more hp than that, and can beat it 0-60". Why is that always the best feature in a car?

Besides that, Europeans are so much more lax in their dealings with censorship. Many things wouldn't be such a big deal over here if we didn't freak about them YEARS ago... you think the French or Italians gave a damn when they saw Janet Jackson's boob on American news?

SpaceTruck'n
04/09/2004, 11:59 AM
Grampa say: If you gonna’ kill sumpn’ you ought to eat it!

:D

;)

"Say no more" Nudge Nudge "Know what I mean"?

Heraclid
04/09/2004, 04:24 PM
Well I don't think the Europeans are all that, and it isn't just about horsepower. They drive around in little tin cans, which isn't too bright considering HOW they drive. At the Arc d'Triumph in Paris there are about 8 streets converging right there, and no traffic lights. Gets interesting. But anyway...

Heck, in Paris you can turn on the TV in primetime on a non-pay-per-view channel and see someone giving it to someone else, and they zoom in real close and you can see EVERYTHING - it sure isn't that fake Cinemax sex. I'll say this - it oughta a helluva lot less offensive to see two people making love than killing each other if you ask me, but which one do most people flip out over? Sex is something a lot of people cheapen and I think that is a sad state of affairs, but I also don't see what the big friggin' deal is sometimes. Nudity is just not a big deal in some countries and some times I think that just maybe that would create less problems rather than more.

P.S.- We need an evil VX clip.

mrtew
04/10/2004, 06:05 AM
Originally posted by coachreed
I bet money that if I had posted the bird video over there, I wouldn't have gotten ANYTHING but laughter! No ban or nothing! Not even so much as a warning! Its all because of a cat got a CGI decapitation!

Well I like birds a heck of a lot more than cats, but even I have to admit that the cat one was much more shocking and graphic and horrifying than the bird one. The bird one just seemed more like reasonable force used in self defense, whereas the cat one just felt like gratuitous violence for the sake of torture and killing, and I can see the cat one inspiring kids to try it at home, where the bird one lacks that element. I have to agree they went to far with that.... I'd rather see the people having sex than killing of animals.

Panther_Black_VX
04/10/2004, 06:58 AM
Originally posted by mrtew
I'd rather see the people having sex than killing of animals.

Here. here!! I seconded that proposal! :rotate:

doubleadesign
04/10/2004, 07:59 AM
i must be getting old. i've seen the "viral" commercial online a few days ago and was strangely disturbed. i would have thought it hillarious if it had been a cartoon. but it was way to realitic for me.

redline
04/10/2004, 01:50 PM
Way to Senstive here in the USA.In N.Korea the cat would be on the dinner table. Ate some dog when I was over there .I love Cat's and Dogs-just not in my tummy.

Joe_Black
04/10/2004, 03:03 PM
Bah, this is the reason kids are gunning down kids these days. No sense of consequence. Throughout known history children have played army, cops 'n robbers, cowboy 'n indians etc., and that play started getting the notion in their heads if you shoot someone they die. Cartoons like Bugs Bunny, Road Runner, Tom 'n Jerry etc. did the same thing. You whack someone over the head with a big mallet, it's gonna hurt. Yeah, you laugh at it, but it gets in your psyche. Corporal punishment in schools: You do something wrong or stupid you get your butt paddled or for you parochial kids your knuckles rapped. Plus the embarassment of waiting for the punishment, going to the office, public punishement etc.

Now kids get "time out" or some non-sensical garbage that imparts nothing to a child but the idea of no serious consequence for bad actions. Entertainment is so bland and PC it appears life is all pastel choices and everyone wins. Not much reinforcement for the hormonally imbalanced thought processes coming down the pipe on the adolescence train.

Yeah, Americans like to bash Europe. But we've become what Europe was when our ancestors bailed that country for its oppression. Now, when Americans see something they think they don't like watch out! All the entitlement factions and such get revved up and it's time to kick someone's butt for thinking for themselves.

I caught part of a show recently that examined the average American sheep-mentality. They had someone go around a protest where they were calling for a ban of bio-engineered crops. This person was getting signatures to ban the use of hydrogen oxide, stating where it was being used and what processes it supported. It was amazing how many people signed on and decried the un-regulated use and proliferation of hydrogen dioxide. Unreal. Hydrogen oxide is WATER.

Sorry, had to rant a bit, found out people were believing commercial news again.:mbrasd:

psychos2
04/10/2004, 04:09 PM
i still see nothing wrong with killing a FAKE cat. do you people watch tv ? they kill people in movies all the time. and the graphics are getting better and better. it looks like they are really killing them. i watched texas chainsaw massacre the other night ,and when the lady shoots herself in the head it looks real. but thats ok ? what ? come on the cat is fake. shawn

yal^
04/10/2004, 06:57 PM
Originally posted by Heraclid
Well I don't think the Europeans are all that, and it isn't just about horsepower. They drive around in little tin cans, which isn't too bright considering HOW they drive. At the Arc d'Triumph in Paris there are about 8 streets converging right there, and no traffic lights. Gets interesting. But anyway...

well... Heraclid, the horsepower doesn't matter there, really. It's how hard you can push it. They have "no rules" on a road. I myself seen my daddy - mind it, in Poland - on two way road in a country, that was so curved there was no way to see what's coming ahead of you, passing "on third" and laughing at me when I started screaming. They mostly have no roads for big rigs, and that's the reason for little cute, but evil cars. I do not see Kia or it's evil twin on U.S. roads - it would be eaten, but you know that...

It's just different style of driving. What amazes me here is a misconception both sides, Europe and U.S. have about themselves.
U.S. gets slammed for big wheelers, horsepower and highways, Europe envy us for.
Europe get hit for "love" of small peppy cars, that unfortunately ask for this kind of advertisement. Why? Because competition in compact cars is so severe in Europe, that right now it's not what under the hood, it's how cool they can "make it look." Literally or not. And the "evil-twin" advertisement hits the nail.
Is it ethical? That's topic for different discussion...

One more thing, it's not just the geometry of cities in Europe that make it so difficult to drive anything bigger that a box of matches. In your trip to Paris, have you managed to go outside of the city and looked at country roads? Well, I admit, I haven't been to France, but other countries I visited have one thing in common. Most of the roads are very tight and curvy. Most of them also have deep ditches on both sides, and if it's possible trees that make it impossible to see anything from the air. It's all legacy of the two wars that ravaged Europe so severely. It's harder to spot and hit army that is not on a straight road, has deep ditch to hide in in case of attack, and for sure is very hardly seen from above. They still remember, they do not want to change it yet. But they will. They just need time for that. So for now they will drive "tin cans", and go crazy with them, because days of "Driving Miss Daisy" are over. Even for Europe.

Heck, in Paris you can turn on the TV in primetime on a non-pay-per-view channel and see someone giving it to someone else, and they zoom in real close and you can see EVERYTHING - it sure isn't that fake Cinemax sex. I'll say this - it oughta a helluva lot less offensive to see two people making love than killing each other if you ask me, but which one do most people flip out over? Sex is something a lot of people cheapen and I think that is a sad state of affairs, but I also don't see what the big friggin' deal is sometimes. Nudity is just not a big deal in some countries and some times I think that just maybe that would create less problems rather than more.

P.S.- We need an evil VX clip.

Nudity and sex on TV... you see, it seems everyone has their field they are good at. If you look at U.S. productions and European productions, and compare the two, you'll see that this side of the Ocean is just better in portraying violence, and they are just better in erotism. It all comes form - IMHO - they way we all are brought up, not just what mama says, but years of history we all have behind us.
Here Janet's naked nipple had whole country buzz like a nest of disturbed bees. Why is that? Everyone has seen naked nipple, no one wants to talk about though... Why?
In Europe erotism has to be something natural, that comes with time, and that's why there is less kids having kids.
Let me tell you, both sides have their own identity, way of handling things, raising their kids, driving their cars, being themselves. There is no better or worst. I come from one side, and live on the other. I see no better way here or there. I admire both sides. I admire Europe for being open to sex subject, and admire U.S. for being able to make "Aliens" the way they made it.
Yet even for me, it seems the two do not mix, like "Matrix Reloaded"...

Daver
04/10/2004, 07:10 PM
Originally posted by yal^
Yet even for me, it seems the two do not mix, like "Matrix Reloaded"...
That's funny.

NOBODY went to see Matrix Reloaded wanting to see KEANU's *****!!!!! :freek: :flame2:

-Daver

Kahekili
04/10/2004, 10:20 PM
Liked the Bird ad, wish our VX would do that to the birds around here. However the cat ad goes a step or two past bad taste.

WyrreJ
04/10/2004, 11:34 PM
Dihydrogen-Monoxide:
http://www.thesunlink.com/redesign/2004-04-03/local/439573.shtml
http://www.theage.com.au/articles/2004/03/26/1079939847851.html

Meanwhile the reason eurocars are tiny little underpowered things compared to american cars is twofold:

1) Most countries tax car ownership based on engine displacement and number of cylinders. So, the smaller the displacement and less the number of cylinders, the less tax charged. This also explains the prevelance of turbocharged cars over there - very high HP/displacement ratio.

2) European gasoline prices are less subsidized than american gas prices. So, when faced with paying closer to the true cost of gasoline, the market naturally moves towards more fuel-efficient vehicles.

dutchie
04/10/2004, 11:35 PM
I'd say leave the kids out of this, they shouldn't be watching TV anyway those little buggers! Instead they should be outside, cleaning dad's car.

;Do;

Panther_Black_VX
04/11/2004, 01:29 AM
Originally posted by WyrreJ

Meanwhile the reason eurocars are tiny little underpowered things compared to american cars is twofold:

1) Most countries tax car ownership based on engine displacement and number of cylinders. So, the smaller the displacement and less the number of cylinders, the less tax charged. This also explains the prevelance of turbocharged cars over there - very high HP/displacement ratio.

2) European gasoline prices are less subsidized than american gas prices. So, when faced with paying closer to the true cost of gasoline, the market naturally moves towards more fuel-efficient vehicles.

Two excellent points!! I was even SHOCKED to hear that there is a "TV" tax in England. Taxing the number of TVs a household has.

Can anyone from England clarify this one?

yal^
04/11/2004, 01:29 PM
WyrreJ, I knew that gas prices and taxes would come up sooner or later after my post. Yes, I overlooked it completely - it was late, I was tired, I wasn’t thinking that way.
My response was mostly regarding European driving style. It seems Chicago downtown in a rush time appears to be really peacefull place comparing to those crazy intersections in Europe.

Anyway, it all comes down to one thing: different conditions altogheter.

When it comes to gasoline prices Europeans have it already worked out with second power supply for cars. In Poland my friends already use gas - I think nitro, but might be mistaken - as alternative for their cars. And I do not mean NOS.
Besides that we have to remember that Diesel engine is much more popular there, and oil is much much cheaper.

And taxes on cars... well, they are used to high prices on everything. The truth is, taxes did not let most of those countries bring in, or make, SUVs, but those doors are opening, and regardless of sticker price demand for those cars is growing.

Panther_Black_VX: I am not sure if it is actual tax on number of TVs in a household.
In my country we have to pay monthly for rights to receive public TV and radio. That's besides if you want to have cable, every home needs to register at least one radio/TV, and it is for "privilege" of having two public TV channels, and some radio channels. It comes from old comunist system, where this "privilege" was inflicted on everyone, so "Big Brother" can speak to his children freely. I do not think it has been changed yet...

WyrreJ
04/11/2004, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by Panther_Black_VX
Two excellent points!! I was even SHOCKED to here that there is a "TV" tax in England. Taxing the number of TVs a household has.
That is how they fund the BBC. I'm pretty sure it is on a per tuner basis and it gets a little weird when you can watch tv on your computer. They really do have "tv detector" trucks that cruise around checking to see how many TVs are turned on in a house to see if it exceeds the number that taxes were paid on.

Compared to what we get over here with commercials, the BBC is probably worth it. Their stuff is about on par with privately funded channels like HBO and Showtime.

psychos2
04/11/2004, 07:02 PM
here is a song for those who thought the cat commercial was funny. now remember this guy is a comedian he is not telling people to kill kittens.if you did not like the cat commercial then do not listen to the song , you will not like it. shawn http://www.stephenlynch.com/kitten.html

WyrreJ
04/11/2004, 07:41 PM
Ah, what the hell:

Bonsai Kitten (http://www.bonsaikitten.com/)

shoota77
04/11/2004, 08:43 PM
wow....speechless, don't know if i should laugh or ask what the hell is going on! :rolleyes:

SpaceTruck'n
04/12/2004, 03:08 PM
"My response was mostly regarding European driving style. It seems Chicago downtown in a rush time appears to be really peacefull place comparing to those crazy intersections in Europe."

Speaking of driving style, Has everyone seen "Ronin"? THAT was some serious driving, and it was for REAL, vetted by race drivers who know what a car can and canNOT do. Not like "Fast and Furious" I hate that holywood crap.
I know its "fiction" but its more like fantasy. They may as well have had some Werewolves and Vampires mixed into that one.
I wish the first driving sceen in Ronin would have lasted longer.
When they four wheel drift around the corner in that Audi...
Dude!
That was AWESOME! I love to watch it over and over on DVD.

:D

Nige
04/14/2004, 01:03 PM
Here in lil' ole England we do have to licence our "tellies" to the tune of 116 quid a year but that covers your house-you can have as many sets as you like.And yes they used to have detector vans
but thanks to the miniaturisation of today,they carry hand held detectors.They know from a central database if you have a licence or not and if you don't and they detect a signal from your set-you're looking at a maximum fine of a thousand pounds.And if American cars are that powerful/great how come only Yanks and ragheads buy them?

Dallas4u
04/14/2004, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by Nige
...how come only Yanks and ragheads buy them?

Nige, we Yanks interpret this as racisim, and it will not be tolerated on this board. I'm not sure how the Brits feel about calling someone this, but on this forum it doesn't fly

SpaceTruck'n
04/14/2004, 04:32 PM
At least he capitalized Yanks.

Moncha
04/14/2004, 04:59 PM
Originally posted by Nige
ragheads

We'll consider this a warning... Choose your words wisely.

BTW this topic is getting just a little sick.

WyrreJ, I'm about to kill that link if you don't.

yal^
04/14/2004, 06:16 PM
The site WyrreJ gave link to is a bit sick, but it is all hoax.
A few years back it came out with a big list to sign, to take the sicko down. Some of my friends wrote then to Humane Society. Sorry, I do not have a copy of their respose, but they did say loudly and clearly that they are aware of this site existance, but it is a hoax, they know there were no kittens harmed, and they are asking to stop screaming to put that guy in jail, because they cannot do anything about.
Besides, look closely at the pics, and you will see kittens are fine.
My kittens love to hide in any box I can give them to play with, so if someone left a jar open, and kitten crawled inside, and then the pic was taken... it's all story in a bad bad taste.

Moncha
04/14/2004, 07:59 PM
I'm up on all the hoaxes on the internet, that's not the reason I'm handing out warnings in this thread.. it comes down to... Give an inch..... I'm not willing to give the mile on this topic.. Sorry

WyrreJ
04/14/2004, 08:34 PM
I won't delete it. It is your forum, so I won't mind a bit if you delete it. As an owner of cats for most of my life, I don't feel there is anything wrong with it nor with the far more visceral sportka commercial and as a freedom of expression absolutist, I'd be compromising my principles if I removed the link.

Moncha
04/14/2004, 09:38 PM
Personally, I have nothing against any of the items posted but, I'm just trying to keep from having the usual all out wars that come up.. As I stated, warnings. Leave the link but, when I start to get complaints...

WyrreJ
04/15/2004, 05:59 PM
Ok with me. This article (http://cruel.com/sub/bonsai.shtml) ought to dissuade anyone from getting, too "bent out of shape."

Joe_Black
04/15/2004, 07:04 PM
And who said "ignorance is bliss"? Personally, I think it should hurt a smidge.

coachreed
04/15/2004, 09:16 PM
Warnings?! lol I'm a trouble maker ALL over the place! lmao! Just kidding of course... I find things like this amusing because it shows that some people don't have a sense of humor... I have two cats... and love them to death... I grew up with cats... even though I am highly allergic to the flea-bags... I STILL own two... they make my life miserable at time but they are great companions... and I would never farm them out or harm them because of my allergies.

I had seen the Bonsai Cat/Kitten webste before... it took me all of about two seconds to realize it was a hoax... who in their right mind would do a think like that... heck, who in their WRONG mind would?! I didn't realize sooo many people/organizations had gone up against them... funny crap. Incredible how much wasted energy there is in this world... meanwhile, people get away with stuff like puppy-mills and stupid, cruel idiots get away with being cruel to and killing animals. Those are he people who deserve the negative attention and investigation.

TTYL!

psychos2
04/19/2004, 02:42 PM
here is what ford is saying about the cat commercial. shawn

http://cnn.netscape.cnn.com/news/story.jsp?floc=FF-APO-1700&idq=/ff/story/0001%2F20040418%2F1915019763.htm&sc=1700