PDA

View Full Version : Front SkidPlate Wanted...

Navigator
04/05/2004, 07:16 PM
Ron or Tone, which one of you guys can get your hands on a front skid plate for me. I still see them on Ron's site, but from checking the posts here, I am not sure if Ron has any left...BTW Ron, you have email :) Also, Tone, I still don't see them on your web site for ordering...AND...are they in the States or still in Japan?. Anyways, I want mine unpainted to Line-X later. Thanks

Navigator
04/07/2004, 06:05 AM
No response...

:dance: I'll just keep this thread going untill one of you guys chime in with the info :smack:

dutchie
04/07/2004, 09:15 AM
Hi Nav,

First try Ron again, and if he`s not able to make them anymore then check Naoki's page
http://homepage3.nifty.com/vehi/shopping15/shopping15.htm
And yes they`re still in Japan, it would't be fair to offer them for sale already, while Ron's still able to deliver them...he's the one who came up with the idea of the front guard.

I don't know how busy Tone is, but you can also order direct through Naoki.

Serge

Navigator
04/07/2004, 01:10 PM
Thanks for the info Dutchie... I'll keep hammering on Ron's email and PM untill I get a response. I know the shipping charge from Japan will be substantial, so hopfully I can get one local.

Cyrk
04/07/2004, 01:23 PM
I know that there are a bunch of us waiting for ours to be finished from Ron. Mine has been paid in full since Oct. 23, 2003... Ron any updates on when they might be ready? REALLY want to get that bad boy installed.

He was in the process of moving and all so I am sure when he gets up and running again he will be offering them again.

-Dave

ron
04/07/2004, 03:15 PM
hey Navigator...

I sent you an e-mail a couple of days ago. Yes, I am still currently taking orders for the skidplate. The mold is still holding out, fortunately. But, not fulfilling the newer orders just yet til I finish up the previous pre-paid batch. I found another colleague who's helping me out with the plates and I have about 10 plates already near the painting stages. He's currently hand finishing this batch to prepare for the first primer stage then paint following. I'm hoping to get the 10 plates from him by this weekend or beginning of next week so I can paint, assemble, and ship out accordingly. After that batch, the next 10 will follow and eventually sent out.

To all..

I'm working to finish and send out all pre-paid plates and other VXC accessories this month. With the extra help, it looks like it will happen. My apologies and thank you to those who've been patient with me and the situation that's been unforseen and frustrating. But, please bear with me a little longer as I will deliver your part as promised.

Another reason for the push is to be able to introduce a few upcoming products and prototypes to the market. Along with wanting to go on a mini vacation to San Diego with the family so bad. Please feel free to contact me if you have any further questions.

Cyrk
04/08/2004, 07:10 AM
Thanks for the update Ron! Can't wait to get my plate and see some new things from ya.

Take Care.
-Dave

Cyrk
05/03/2004, 08:36 AM
Ron any other updates?
-Dave

WormGod
05/03/2004, 08:54 AM
This is still one of the more exciting cosmetic mods I am looking forward to. Can't wait to see it on my VX. :)

Ron, I am serisouly considering clear front signals and side lights. i know your sides are still in prototyping, but PLEASE post up when you are ready to start orders for them. Lost both sets of my front clears in a lovely collision and need to re-dress 'em. Thanks!

ron
05/03/2004, 09:49 AM
hey Wormgod...

Sorry to hear about your unfortunate accident. However, I'd like to send another set of clears to you at no charge if you don't mind. Just one vxer trying to help another. ;)

E-mail me (rudesdsgn@al.com) your home address so I can send it out this week. BTW, I hope to offer the side clears also very soon as I'm nearly perfecting the prototyping process of these lenses.

to all..

I've managed to clearcoat (6) plates this weekend and will be sending them out to their owners this week after assembly and packaging. I've got another (4) plates the I'll be painting this week with their appropriate color and hope to send those out next week.

During the second painting of the next batch, the final (13) plates will be addressed with machine work and final hand work from my colleagues who will be helping me out. Hope to have these final plates ready to ship by the following week.

I'll be contacting everyone individually with their skidplate orders when their about to ship accordingly, not to mention the other VXC misc. accessories that I expect to finish and ship during the same time.

thanks again...

Cyrk
05/03/2004, 10:12 AM
YEA!!! :D :D :D cannot wait!

Anita
05/03/2004, 10:31 AM
Me too...!

Ron, are you still planning on coming down this way? We really should have a mini meet if you do!

tomcat837
05/03/2004, 11:43 AM
How much are the skidplates now?

Kahuna
05/03/2004, 12:34 PM
Hey Ron,

Knowing that your coming down to San Diego pretty soon (can't wait to get my skid plate), I have spoken with several VX'ers (sorry Anita- have not spoken to you yet) that are willing, able and ready for our mini-meet.

As soon as you can confirm your time. I will start to set up a gathering point.

With that being said, I would like to get some ideas of what people would like to do. Besides just meeting, how about a rather large BBQ? A small trail ride (many places are closed down due to our very hazardes fire danger). I will looking for your ideas.

Bobbi Rossini
Boheri@prodigy.net

ron
05/03/2004, 01:14 PM
hey Anita...

Yeah, we're planning on coming down to San Diego as soon as I can get these parts ALL finished. Was aiming to finish up every accessory by this time. Unfortunately, it looks like some time by mid-May. I'll e-mail you (close to the set date) when to send your floormats so I can install them here and bring them down to you without having to wait too long to get them back.

Tomcat...

The plate is still the same price. Please check out the website for more details and ordering info. if you're interested.

hey Bobbi...

Last time we had a VX meet in San diego, we had the pleasure of offroading with Bill Brown along the San Diego/Mexico border with permission of the border patrol, of course. Unfortunately if you guys go, we won't be able to participate on the off-roading venture this time because we'll have our little toddler Sabrina with us. I don't think she likes the "big" bumps we'd go through offroading. So, for now, we'll have to bow out before then. However, I'm sure the family would be up for a BBQ or something of that nature for a meet.

Also, since Cindy's work schedule is usually planned a month in advance, we'll have to set something up some time in June and I'm thinking either June 16th or 26th weekend. Whichever one that everyone can make would be good. I hope to bring down a few prototypes to show people too.

WormGod
05/03/2004, 01:28 PM
Ron, you da' man! Thanks very much. Email has been sent.

:clap: :thanx: