PDA

View Full Version : motor hesitation

military vx'r
03/29/2004, 04:39 PM
I was wondering if anyone has/is experiencing any hesitation in their driving. For example, just driving around on the highway it seems to just slip and catch back up like it is going to stop but it keeps going. Could it be the belt needing to be replaced or is the motor trying to catch its breath?LOL

Cline
03/30/2004, 08:22 AM
Yes I had the same problem for around the first 30k miles. It would happen every week or two, usually at highway speeds but never in the exact same speed or RPM. It hasn't happened to me in the last 3 months or 7k miles so I'm hoping it worked itself out because the mechanics at Isuzu can't seem to fix anything unless it's broken and bleeding. Good luck to you and sorry I don't have anymore info.

Anita
03/30/2004, 08:52 AM
Not that this is the reason for your problem, but I had similar symptoms with my VX a while back. I only noticed it on the freeway or on a stretch of highway, sometimes while accelerating slowly from a stop and traveling a prolonged time at a certain speed.

The strangest thing... I found that it was my shoes that caused the problem. For whatever reason, whether the shoe was too long for my foot or what, IT caused my trucks hesitation. When I wore a different pair of shoes, I never had the hesitation. I have since gotten rid of those shoes and have been hesitation-free ever since.

Go figure..;eekr; ;Dr;

Dallas4u
03/30/2004, 09:13 AM
I have posted (in the past) that I have this problem as well.

Shoes huh... I guess when the time comes, I'll buy a different pair!

WyrreJ
03/30/2004, 09:15 PM
Just another reason to drive barefoot.

nater
04/02/2004, 11:20 AM
I have this problem too. Only when engine is cold (first starting out).

Nate

Clyde
05/07/2004, 11:06 PM
I've noticed the same problem with my VX. Mine only does it though when the engine is warmed up. It happens maybe once or twice a week.

psychos2
05/08/2004, 08:26 AM
i have the same problem . it shows up during acceleration. i think it is a glitch in the fuel map. or maybe the T.P.S. has a glitch. shawn