PDA

View Full Version : Rear Cargo Mat Question(s)

t2p
03/29/2004, 07:51 AM
Excuse me for this (semi-dumb) question ....
The OEM Cargo Mat in my VX has two square open 'cut outs' .......
they line up over screws under the cargo area carpet ......
note: these 'cutouts' are not to be confused with the cuts in the cargo mat that line up over the hooks in the cargo floor .....
What are the screws for ......... child seat tethers ?
Do all the cargo mats have these open cut outs ?
Has anyone found a suitable plastic cargo liner that can be adapted (well) to the VX ? - with the rear seats up and/or folded ? I frequently haul small shrubs, etc. and a plastic cargo liner with a lip around the outside would be a nice addition ......

carlymac
03/29/2004, 11:55 AM
I believe your right about the child restraint device tether. I have the tether hardware in a plastic bag that has a digram showing it bolted to the cargo floor.
As for the cargo liner I dont know. I either turn the cargo mat over to the rubbery side so it will clean easer or if the load is really messy I have a reciever hitch basket.

t2p
03/29/2004, 12:51 PM
carlymac:
Thanks for the reply. I may need to look into the factory tether straps - for my litttle one at least - he is still in a 'full' child seat.
Does your cargo mat have the open squares cut out of it ? I have no idea why there are not slits cut into the cover - instead of the cut outs. I need to get a mat that does not have the openings ......... or something. Plus, I will need to locate something to cover the entire floor when the seats are folded up.
ssshhh ..... many on this site are asking about superchargers etc .... and I'm into child seats ........ oh well ..........
t2p