PDA

View Full Version : 4.50" Passenger Seat Extension Kit question

zzzyang
03/26/2004, 11:03 AM
hi guys, i am wondering since the back seat is so hard to climb on and squeeze in, will this acessory gives the passenger seat more room to move foward and create more room for people get on back seat??

view this accessory
http://www.tonemonday.com/accessories.htm

Thank you

Colin

NC_VX
03/26/2004, 11:15 AM
I can't speak to Tone's design, but I got a similar one built and yes, it offers a ton extra room, the problem might be that the seat can no longer go that 4.5"s further back and that can be a problem, I have plenty of friends that still fit fine on my front seat, but their head could be a little closer to the top of the car now or knees closer to the console....

I ask my passengers to go Gangsta Style and put that seat back if they are too tall!!!!!

Hope that helps!

johnnyapollo
03/26/2004, 11:16 AM
I had a set installed in my VX and it did indeed improve accessiblity greatly. My issue was that some of my regular passenger seat riders were over 6 feet tall and felt uncomfortable with the extensions on (you loose foot room, and the seat back becomes positioned ahead of the A-pillar, so you feel more exposed). I've taken them off and returned to stock. The 2.5" version may be a good compromise.

-- Best, John

Cyrk
03/26/2004, 11:18 AM
I have that installed and it has been a life saver for me to put my son in the car seat... you have so much more room to get in and out of the back now that people actually will ride with me if I have more than 2 people.

The only negative side affect is the seat in a little more forward than stock so if you are a tall person your legs are closer to the dash then before. My girl and I are not the tallest I am 5 9 and I have no problems as before it feels the same as stock.

Great Mod!

-Dave

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/39seat.jpg

t2p
03/26/2004, 11:18 AM
........ One inch would (even) be welcome ..... !!! .......

zzzyang
03/26/2004, 12:14 PM
Thank yo guys for all the responses ^^