PDA

View Full Version : PA DE NJ NY MD car show meet - Kahunaville

Spike
03/25/2004, 05:00 PM
Sunday, April 18th, KahunaVille SpringFling
Just off of I-95, Wilmington DE

For event info - http://www.kahunaville.com/events_kruise.htm

For advance registration form - http://www.kahunaville.com/images/kruise_form.jpg

To: All cruisers
Kruise Kahunaville now has permanent registration,

Yes every car that enters the property for the Sunday cruise or Thursday cruise will now fill out a form and you will be given a permanent # for you and your car this will also be your 20% card good anytime not just cruise day. By filling out the form you will no longer have to register for the trophy show or the burnout's or any other show that we may have concerning cars.

You can save time by printing the form filling it out prior to arriving to Kahunaville and turn it in at the all new Cruise office inside Kahunaville to the right as you enter the main doors to the restaurant. Please be sure when turning in your form that you have your drivers license and your insurance card to show at the cruise office.

VX_PA
03/25/2004, 05:54 PM
Please post a reply to this thread if you are planning on attending the show on April 18th. So, let the count begin:

So far:

1. Spike
2. VX_PA
3. Eckstream
4. VX4EJR ?
5. Bantan ?
6. Jumpnugly ?
7. Hotflyer
8. Robert
9. Amack76 ?
10. WormGod ?

Can we get more than that??? I hope!!;)

Jumpnugly
03/25/2004, 06:16 PM
Hmmmm. Giving it some serious thought. Sounds like fun. Some danger that I'll have so much fun I'll change my mind about selling 'er.

Kahunaville, huh? A bit of a drive but I have a cool ride...

VX4EJR
03/25/2004, 06:42 PM
OK....gonna check my schedule but this sounds good to me!!

Good job Spike! I know we chit-chatted about this spot before, should be real interesting with all us there.

Hopefully we'll get some nice weather too.

Spike
03/25/2004, 06:53 PM
we can investigate a rain date as well...

VX_PA
03/26/2004, 12:51 PM
We can all meet and "convoy" into the show. So, who's interested??

Is that a yes Jumpnugly???

How 'bout some other VXers???

Spike
03/26/2004, 01:14 PM
Eckstream & VX_PA If you guys meet up somewhere... and then head down 100 through West Chester, I am sure VXEJR and myself can meet up with you along the way.

He lives out that way, and i can take a side trip through there.

Then we can take 202 straight down to 95 ...

Like i said before, I can customize maps and email them to everyone who is going...

Bantan
03/26/2004, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by Spike
Like i said before, I can customize maps and email them to everyone who is going...
Hook me up please, I may be too sick to go to work that weekend;)

Spike
03/26/2004, 01:49 PM
Okay.. I will cough in this post... make sure you get really close to your screen and read it again about 2 days before the meet.

COUGH!!!
;puke:

So anyway, anyone who is even remotely interested in going on the 18th.. send an email to spike913@yahoo.com Please include the address you will be leaving from.

Jumpnugly
03/26/2004, 06:14 PM
;eekr; I'm edging toward "yes" but would be a 5.5 hour drive for me from North of Pittsburgh. Would be interested in a convoy along the PA Turnpike. It would be so cool to get a whole line of us going.

I'll e-mail you Spike since you offered to look at convoy scenarios.

Eckstream
03/26/2004, 06:15 PM
Yeah I can meet up with VX_PA& Jumpinugly if youre comming on the turnpike.... We could meet at the morgantown exit and go from there to wherever.... I kno exton/west chester pretty good so all we need is a spot to meet up down there... Let me kno

Jumpnugly
03/26/2004, 06:34 PM
What time would we want to arrive at the car show?

Spike
03/26/2004, 06:44 PM
Eckstream - were you in West Chester about a month and a half ago ? (when there was snow on the ground)

Time? Good question... For the most part we need to accomodate y'all who are coming in form 2-3-4-5 hours away if we are trying to do a convoy arrival...

Get me the starting points ASAP so I can run the maps and figure out all of that.

HotFlyer
03/26/2004, 06:57 PM
I was in West Chester about a month ago visiting friends. Ebony 2001 (0761).

Yes, I am up for a get together. Count me in.

Howard

BTW: Just got back from a 3,200 mile run to Florida and back. Did NOT see any VX's.

Spike
03/26/2004, 09:12 PM
Nope.. it was an IronMan that I saw...

Spike
03/27/2004, 09:58 AM
Hey there,

To everyone who is planning on meeting up at the Morgantown exit of the PA turnpike:

If someone near there can give me a landmark , then I can plot it on the map...

(rest stop, gas station, fast food, or just plain something with a parking lot that is visible from the road)

Thanks!

Eckstream
03/27/2004, 01:51 PM
It wasnt me..... Been about 3mos since I was in WC. We must be in a VX hotspot here in SEPa!

Eckstream
03/27/2004, 01:56 PM
Uh Spike.... There really isnt much in morgantown as far as a parking lot goes.... there is a rest stop about 9-10 miles east of morgantown on the turnpike.... Its across the highway from a sunoco station about 1/2way between morgantown and exton... I was planning on waiting on the on ramp for the turnpike till i saw some vxs go by and catch uo to them.... or have someone call me like 2miles away from morgantown..... My cell# is 4843331552 if anyone needs to get ahold of me.

Spike
03/27/2004, 02:24 PM
I knew there was a couple rest stops out there somewhere. But it is so infreqent that I am out that way, I wanted to check.

The simplest thing to do is ask...

VX_PA
03/29/2004, 12:25 PM
I tried to PM you my address Spike, but your box is full.

I also modified the list of who is coming.:D I know there are more VXer's that are in the surrounding area, come out to the meet!!

Spike
03/29/2004, 01:10 PM
Odd thing is, my PM box is actually empty... go figure...

So should we make this game plan official?

How about an initial merge near Morgantown from everyone in Central and Western PA

Then a secondary West Chester area merge for everyone else who is north and east of there via 202... after that.. we all head down 202 to 95 to the auto show.

If Anyone else south of West Chester or those who might be coming down from points north of Philly, via south I-95, can just meet up with us down there; rather than head back north to meet the West Chester convoy.

We can pick official spots as we get closer to the date.

Robert
03/30/2004, 02:20 PM
Guys,

I am in too. What time? I live in Wilmington.

Robert

lastmandrummer
03/30/2004, 03:16 PM
if anyone is interested in checking out the silver 99 i am selling off.....i am only 53mins-1 hour (depending on how you drive)northeast from the kahunaville meet in april....
i will gladly offer directs to come see it (see below)......very simple to get here from kahunaville...
hell my band might even be playing kahunaville that night...now that could be fun....
damn if my truck was only not so ugly now......damn those philadelphia drivers...LOL

kevin

directions from kahunaville to the silver 99

1: Start out going North on S MADISON ST toward BEECH ST. 0.2 miles Map

2: Turn SLIGHT RIGHT to stay on S MADISON ST. 0.3 miles Map

3: Turn LEFT onto W 2ND ST/DE-48 W. 0.1 miles Map

4: Merge onto I-95 S via the ramp- on the left- toward DELAWARE MEMORIAL BRIDGE/BALTIMORE. 2.2 miles Map

5: Merge onto I-295 N via the exit- on the left- toward NEW CASTLE/DEL MEM BR. 6.5 miles Map

6: I-295 N becomes NEW JERSEY TURNPIKE N (Portions toll). 26.1 miles Map

7: Take the RT-168 exit- exit number 3- toward CAMDEN/PHILADELPHIA. 0.5 miles Map

8: Take the RT-168 S ramp toward WOODBURY/ATLANTIC CITY. 0.2 miles Map

9: Stay straight to go onto S BLACK HORSE PIKE/NJ-168. 3.2 miles Map

10: Merge onto NJ-42 S toward WILLIAMSTOWN/ATLANTIC CITY. 1.3 miles Map

11: Take the CR-534 exit toward BLACKWOOD/CLEMENTON. 0.2 miles Map

12: Turn SLIGHT RIGHT onto BLACKWOOD CLEMENTON RD/CR-534/CR-706. 0.1 miles Map

13: Turn SLIGHT RIGHT onto ERIAL RD/CR-706. 1.8 miles Map

14: Turn RIGHT onto BRIAR LN. <0.1 miles Map

15: Turn LEFT onto PRIMROSE LN. <0.1 miles Map

16: End at 7 PRIMROSE LN BLACKWOOD NJ Map

Total Est. Time: 53 minutes Total Est. Distance: 43.22 miles

Amack76
03/30/2004, 11:33 PM
i'll go if some other nj/ny vx ers wanna take the drive w me?

VX_PA
03/31/2004, 07:01 AM
Spike,

I sent you an e-mail. Let me know if anyone else has emailed you but hasn't posted here so I can add them to the list of attendees. Also we need to set the time to meet.

Amack76-- I think Bantan is going to try to make it down from NY. Maybe you can get in touch with him??

Spike
04/01/2004, 06:25 PM
No one else sent me emails as of yet...

Spike
04/04/2004, 06:57 AM
Directions to KahunaVille:
When we get the number and meeting time locked down, we should call them and see if they can set aside a spot to line us all up. (Or at least let them know we have a group of cars showing up all at once)

Anyway, here are directions for those not planning on taking the convoy (posted from their web site)

From North
-Take 95 South to Delaware
-Cross into Delaware and take Exit 6. (Martin Luther King Blvd.)
-Including light at bottom of ramp, go 4 lights and make left. (Lancaster Ave./M.L.K. Blvd.)
-Go 3 lights and make right. (South Madison St.)
-Kahunaville is 1/4 mile down on left.

From South
-Take 95 North to Exit 6. (Martin Luther King Blvd.)
-At bottom of exit bear right and stay in right hand lane. (turn only lane)
-At next light make another right onto South Madison St. and get in left lane.
-Kahunaville is 1/4 mile down on left.

500 S Madison St Wilmington, De 19801
Kruise Kahunaville info line 302-571-6213

Spike
04/04/2004, 07:54 AM
Originally posted by lastmandrummer
if anyone is interested in checking out the silver 99 i am selling off

.... damn if my truck was only not so ugly now......damn those philadelphia drivers...LOL

kevin

Blaming Philadelphia drivers?

Well according to "Wind Tunnel with Dave Despain" on Speed TV

"Which State Has The Worst Drivers."

The Final Results... (not in order)

Massachusetts
Florida
California
New York
New Jersey
Ohio
Illinois
Texas
Virginia
Maryland

lastmandrummer
04/04/2004, 10:15 AM
hahaha it wuz a joke my friend....
however i drive thru philly everyday and most people on RT 76 drive really bad....
besides the fact the person who hit me.....did so by rear ending me in the rain at 4am in the middle of the highway while doing 50mph with no other vehicals around! he does not sum up the states drivers as a whole, but that is pretty damn stupid if you ask me...

LOL anyway no offense intended my friend..
kevin

Spike
04/04/2004, 12:02 PM
Oh no offense taken whatsoever.

I know it was a joke... The PA vs NJ driver debate has gone on since the first vehicle from either state crossed the Delaware... and that battle will never end.

However, I find it quite amusing that PA didn't make it to the top (errr... bottom) ten list.

So while I actually agree with you that Philadelphia drivers are awful... this news shows that NJ and at least 9 other states are worse.
;Db;

WormGod
04/05/2004, 07:24 AM
Kahunaville eh? Never heard of it, but I cant be too far from it. I have to look and see if I have anything like, sleeping in, penciled in for that day, so maybe I could pop up. Although, my VX is pretty torn down now from trying to get the early start on spring modding. Too bad the weather still sucks too. :rolleyes:

t2p
04/05/2004, 08:13 AM
....... poor drivers ..........
I thought Western PA was the king of bad drivers .......
until I witnessed out-of-towners attempt to drive on the rolling/hilly terrain of Western PA when snow covered ...........
and then my definition of a poor driver changed !
some out-of-towners have trouble with the hills and curves - when they are dry - let alone snow covered ........

Spike
04/05/2004, 08:21 AM
Okay now that we have gone way off topic (guilty as charged) ... should we start a new thread elsewhere for bad drivers?

Yea those rolling hills and curves freak out out of towners... But if you know a road REALLY well... they are great for finding out what a vehicle can really do. (Just make sure you heed the animal Xing signs)

Wormgod, how torn up can she be? What kind of mods are you doing to it? Inquiring minds want to know.
So put the wheels back on, and drive on up to Kahunaville.

t2p
04/05/2004, 08:52 AM
Spike:
(sorry) ......
I can not make it this year - but you may see me at the next get-together .... I'm in Western PA .....
although I am not exactly looking forward to hours on the highway with 4:30 gears ..........
t2p

Spike
04/05/2004, 09:17 AM
I really wish I knew where all the VXs
(in Chicago and Pittsburgh) were when I bought mine up in Green Bay and drove it back.

Interestingly enough, I saw an ebony, when I was in town (Pittsburgh) back in December. It was at a stoplight around the corner from the Best Western, where I returned my rental car...

Some blonde woman was driving it.

WormGod
04/05/2004, 01:34 PM
Nothing major, I mean, I still need it to get to and from work. Much of the interior is taken out. Some sent to Carbon Werks, the rest just sitting in my garage waiting for a nice day to put it back in. I still have some adjucting to do of body panels since I got it back from the body shop too. Some of the body lines are off and gapped. I just need a nice weekend to get this crap done.

Ah, and also blew my front tweeters.

She sounds bad and looks a little rough, but I still love my little redheaded stepchild. ;)

Bantan
04/05/2004, 01:56 PM
Wormgod,
You're too modest, your Vx is hot!!!!

WormGod
04/06/2004, 07:35 AM
Sounds easy enough to get to, and only about 2 hours away (we all know it will only take me 1 ;) ). I will do my best to make it, but it will be one of those last minute decisions for me. Been working overtime on getting back together with the old girl and it's turning out to be quite a time consuming operation. :rolleyes:

Spike
04/12/2004, 07:13 AM
Everyone, sorry I have been out of touch past week or so... I had quite a lot going on.

Anyway, the big day is coming and we need to figure out meeting times.

So far, for the west and central PA group, the rest stop just east of Morgantown turnpike exit looks like the most promising. It's visible from the highway. (I hope that is the one I think it is. It looks like a real wide open piece of paved shoulder?)

After that, anywhere off of 202 in West Chester will work for the second stop on the convoy.

VX4EJR. Eckstream... any place stick out in your mind for easy access and visibility? The hotels near EB's corporate office/across from Spazz Beverage? The shopping center where 202/322 meet?
The newere shopping center just south of there (the one with Bennigan's)

I believe they start things going around 10:30 at Kahunaville, but I will call them later today and find out for sure.

I just hope this weather improves!!!

Navigator
04/12/2004, 11:04 AM
...Sounds kool, I make no promises, so keep your eyes peeled I just might surprise y'all and make a cameo...Nav, steps back into the shadows :homer:

WormGod
04/12/2004, 02:40 PM
Well, doesnt look like I'll be able to make it. Simply too much going on that has to get done at work and at home. But, spring is here (as well as all the rain) so here's to looking forward to future events. Have fun all!

Eckstream
04/13/2004, 01:53 PM
Quick question for the West Pa VXrs.... What time are we going to meet on the turnpike? Its getting real close to sunday and I just want to have everything set.

VX4EJR
04/13/2004, 09:06 PM
Looks like the weather on Sunday should be good, I think.
Maybe a time agenda should be put together so we're all on "the same page".
Say we plan on getting to Kahunaville at around 11AM (?), then the PA Turnpike meeting should happen at around 9AM (?) at the Morgantown exit like Spike mentioned. Then a meet up at that Bennigans lot off route 202 around 10AM (?), then I guess we all proceed to DE?
I'm just guessing on the times and all that stuff but thought I'd offer it up?

So who's in at this point?

Spike
04/13/2004, 09:48 PM
Perfect.. and even has a little extra padded time in there just in case.

Who needs detailed directions, and from where?

Email me ---> spike913@yahoo.com

Spike
04/14/2004, 05:39 AM
That was posted on the web site along with the registration sheet.

Eckstream
04/14/2004, 10:34 AM
Hey VX4... Ill be meeting up with you on the turnpike..... Not at the morgantown exit tho.... The meeting point is down the turnpike a couple of miles from morgantown. It a big parking lot/rest area across from a sunoco on the turnpike... Ill be there waitin at 9 so youll see me there.

Spike
04/14/2004, 10:47 AM
Anyone hear from JumpnUgly?

(I really wanna see a Firefox up close.. heheh)

Jumpnugly
04/14/2004, 05:39 PM
At this point, I'm still in. Still a bit of hesitation about making the eleven hour roundtrip in a day with the workday Monday, but I don't want to miss out on the fun. The nine o'clock meeting time at the Morgantown rendezvous point is do-able. I won't have to get started as early as I thought.

I can pass my cellphone # on to Eckstream and anyone else who will be at that meeting place.

(Early wx forecasts look promising for Sunday. Foxfire looks real good in the sunshine!)

Eckstream
04/15/2004, 02:03 PM
Good thinking Sam..... My cell phone # is 484-333-1552 for all the people meeting up on the turnpike. I will be there at 9am so if anyone is running late give me a call and let me know when youll be there so I dont leave before you get there....

Spike
04/15/2004, 02:50 PM
Just an update..

I emailed a couple maps and directions to those who were interested... and I have recieved some cell phone numbers that I will be taking with me as well.

Targeted times for various stops are as follows:

Central/Western PA owners
Arrive 9 am - Turnpike rest stop East of Morgantown
(approx mile marker 305)

leave by 9:20

Arrive 202 South & Dillworthtown Road
(Shopping center w/ Bennigans)

SE PA owners meet approx 10:00 (if everythng is running smooth, the Central group will actually be there before 10.

All leave by 10:20 (unless we hear there is a delay with the Turnpike meet)

Quick stop at about 10:35 - 10:45 at Charcoal Pit on 202 in north Wilmington to meet with a Delaware owner.

Everyone back on the road to head to Kahunaville.

Now, lets just hope we can find some XTerra's, Wranglers and H2's along the way to scare off the road.

;Db;

Jumpnugly
04/15/2004, 09:16 PM
Spike, I was looking at your original post that started this thread.
Do we have to each individually register for the car show as you mentioned back then?

Spike
04/15/2004, 10:09 PM
Yep... the form is available when you get there...

You don't have to print it out ahead of time unless you want to.

They want:
the registration form,
drivers license,
insurance card ...

It entitles you to something like 20% off of food too..
(I think it is just to get you on a mailing list actually)

VX4EJR
04/16/2004, 08:49 AM
Hey all......
I'm planning on being at the 202 South & Dillworthtown Road spot at 10AM, that's the best I can do.

Just wanted to let everyone know.....c-ya then!!

Spike
04/16/2004, 09:00 AM
We aren't expecting anything better than that.

Just show up - either with as much shine and polish as possible, or completely coated with mud... NO in between hehehehe

Eckstream
04/16/2004, 02:08 PM
So are there going to be any kind of entrance fees? I just need to get an idea of how much money I should bring with me.......

Spike
04/16/2004, 02:27 PM
None that I am aware of... but don't quote me on that...

The form doesnt state any... It just lists that a replacement card is $5.
I tried calling and got a voice mail.

I think they are just happy to have a lot of people come out to show cars and bring in even more spectators, who will buy food and alcohol... therefore bringing in lots of revenue in for what would normally be a dead and boring Sunday afternoon.

They have a full menu, and an appetizer menu.
Plus if you like video and boardwalk games, they have a half decent miday
(I would say about 1/2 - 1/3 the size of Dave & Busters)

Jumpnugly
04/17/2004, 04:56 AM
Spike, thanks for all of the great organization! Do you have a handle on how many of us there are now?

Spike
04/17/2004, 09:32 AM
Not a problem, I only took one other's suggestoin and relocated it and did a little research... but thanks

No clue.. I know whe had a couple back outs.. but some people we haven't heard from in a while.

If we have 6 I think it would be a nice representation ... of course the more the better. Certainly not bad for a first time out!

(at least one of each color would kick butt heehee !)

If the weather tomorrow is as nice as today (and it's supposed to be) ... we couldn't ask for anything more!

Is this correct?

1. Spike . . . . . . . yes
2. VX_PA . . . . . . yes
3. Eckstream . . . yes
4. VX4EJR . . . . . yes
5. Jumpnugly . . . yes
6. Robert . . . . . . yes
7. navigator . . . maybe
8. Bantan . . . . . twisting arm?
9. Hotflyer . . . . . ?
10. Amack76 . . . ?
11. chopper . . . . ?
12. WormGod . . no
13. VXing . . . . . . no
14. t2p . . . . . . . no
15.... ? ? ? ?

Last call on map requests!!!

Jumpnugly
04/17/2004, 07:42 PM
Here's me -- forever the procrastinator! After a visit to mapquest, I just realized that, in order to meet Eckstream east of the Morgantown exit from Butler, I need to get up at 4 a.m.!

Aw man, I don't know if I can pull off getting to the first rendezvous point by 9. I'm going to try but I'll give Eckstream a call with a status report on the way. I may have to catch up with you all at another rendezvous point or at the show, so I don't hold up the convoy.

:confused:

Bantan
04/17/2004, 09:26 PM
Just got in from the NY Auto show, about to head out to a party. Wanted to let you guys know I'm not going to be able to make it, cause I can't get off from work tomorrow. Have a great time and take lots-o-pics. Catch y'all at the NJ shore meet early this summer.

Peace

Jumpnugly
04/18/2004, 07:26 PM
It was great to meet all of you today. How cool was it all of us riding around together? Too bad our parked VX's were out of the flow of foot traffic at the show.

Took me about five hours and fifteen minutes to get home with one stop for gas. VERY glad I decided to go. Let's do it again!

WormGod
04/18/2004, 08:03 PM
I really would have loved to have gone. I hope to see pics!! :)

I see folks were willing to travel for this, which is a very positive sign for us mid atlantic VXers. If any are willing to travel (and granted I can actually keep my license after my recent ordeal), we should have one of those weekend beach campouts (or hotel if you prefer) at Assateague Island, Md. Just throwing a possible next hook up in the pipeline if any are interested. Driving, cooking, drinking, and having a great ime on the beach are just a small part of the fun. ;)

Spike
04/18/2004, 09:24 PM
To everyone who made it today... ;Db; thanks!
To everyone who didn't ... :cryb:

Everything was in our favor! Good people! Great weather! Kick butt cars! Good food!

Sorry we didn't get more members this round, but that certainly doesn't mean it wasn't a success.

Highlights:
The VX convoy to Delaware. :coolb:

The Ferarri 360 on the car carrier ;Dy;

The GTO Judge ;Do;

The rest of the 'rods and classics ;Dr;

The DeLorean :supercool

The return trip VX convoy passing a pack of Harleys rolling up 202 North at the end of the day. :clap:

Looking forward to seeing the pictures!
Glad you made it home safe Sam!

Talk at y'all real soon!
Pat

Oh yea, will the guy wearing the Buick 4 Sale sign, please come to the DJ booth? :right:

Robert
04/19/2004, 12:22 PM
Hi Everybody!

It was a pleasure and privilege to meet you all.
Thanks for the great weekend!

Where should we upload the photos to?

Robert

VX4EJR
04/19/2004, 02:43 PM
It was definitely cool to meet up with you all !
And we couldn't ask for a better day, maybe just a little cooler.

Props to Spike for starting it all up!
Good to hear you made it home safe as well Sam!

I put an e-mail request to add a photo gallery for the meet, hopefully that'll be up soon(?). Got some nice pics to post!

Until next time !

t2p
04/19/2004, 02:54 PM
curious .....
what was the average cruising speed on the highway ? ........

Spike
04/19/2004, 03:01 PM
For the Convoy, anywhere from 35 - 55 Mph... mostly slow since it was a business route at that point.

For highway, talk to Sam and Eckstream.

:)

t2p
04/19/2004, 03:18 PM
the reason for the curiosity ....
with the short gearing, the 3.5 is really humming at 75 mph and over ......

Spike
04/19/2004, 04:18 PM
I find it drives comfortably at 75 and even 85.
I just keep it in drive, and power button activated.

VX_PA
04/19/2004, 05:16 PM
My grandfather passed away so I spent the day consoling my family. I hope the day went great for everyone. It was the prettiest day so far this year.

So what was the final count anyway??? I lost track with everything that happened last week.

Spike
04/19/2004, 07:33 PM
Oh no!

I am so sorry to hear about that.

I just lost my grandfather back in February... so I can totally understand what you may be going through.
That was the hardest thing I have ever had happen in my life.

Nothing can ever be said to make the pain go away.

All I can do is encourage you to keep your family and friends close. And reflect on the good memories you have had with him over the years. I am still having my moments, it is not easy.

We are all here if you need us.

As for Sunday, the final count for our gathering was 5... 1 Foxfire, 2 Kaiser, 2 IronMan.

When you are ready, you let us know and we can put something else together...

Jumpnugly
04/19/2004, 08:06 PM
Sorry for your family's loss, VX_PA. This was a great group of people that should definately plan to get together again.

If you guys are ever up for a gathering in the Pittsburgh area, let t2p and I know. I'm sure one of us could identify a venue.

Spike
04/19/2004, 08:17 PM
Quaker Steak & Lube!!!

Jumpnugly
04/20/2004, 05:50 AM
Wings and biker night!

VX_PA
04/20/2004, 09:31 AM
Yeah, biker babes. That could take my mind off of things.;)

Thanks all for your kind words, it sounds like everyone had a great time.

Jolly Roger VX'er
04/20/2004, 03:51 PM
First, VX_PA...I'm Very sorry for your loss.

Second...I agonized with the idea of joining you guys but this was a difficult weekend for me to be out of town for too many reasons to list. I even went so far as to map out the journey on Mapquest and made a last minute decision not to go. I wish I could've met up with you guys!

Third.... a meet somewhere in PA would be great for me in particular and a Pittsburgh Meet would be Awesome! Also..don't forget...Quaker Steak & Lube originated in Sharon, PA....alongside the HOT ROD CAFE!

Robert
04/24/2004, 03:07 PM
Guys/Girls

How about some picks from the meet? I have some but I don't know where to put them.

Anybody?

Robert

Spike
04/24/2004, 06:26 PM
Yeah, the Sharon location IS really nice.
That is the one I stopped at on my way back from buying my VX...

... Otherwise I've been to the one at Robinson Town Center about 5 different times, during 2 business trips.

Jumpnugly
05/27/2004, 09:20 PM
Hi Robert. I think I'm the one with all of the pics. I'm SO BAD about getting film developed in a timely fashion. Will plan to get them over the Memorial Day weekend and get them posted.

Jumpnugly
06/13/2004, 07:19 PM
Look for pictures of our get-together in the 2004 Events Gallery under PA DE NJ NY MD car show meet - Kahunaville.

We had a great time!

Spike
05/14/2007, 03:16 PM
Anyone else still around ???

If so.. please see the thread link here for info about a meet this coming Friday:

http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?threadid=11124

1. Spike . . . . . . . yes
2. VX_PA . . . . . . yes
3. Eckstream . . . yes
4. VX4EJR . . . . . yes
5. Jumpnugly . . . yes
6. Robert . . . . . . yes
7. navigator . . . maybe
8. Bantan . . . . . twisting arm?
9. Hotflyer . . . . . ?
10. Amack76 . . . ?
11. chopper . . . . ?