PDA

View Full Version : THE RENEWED 1999 BLACK IRONMAN... My Baby!

NC_VX
03/23/2004, 09:29 AM
Long awaited release of my new look! I get even more looks now, and I've only been sporting the new look for 24 hours. I stopped by an Isuzu dealership and they were paging everyone to come out and take a look (however, I am not a big fan of their mechanics, go figure) and I've had approval by a few girls who weren't sure if they liked it or not. I've still got some mechancil issues and some more buffing to do, but I think it will all be worth it.

The big Question is, do I want to take it wheelin' now? Sure I do, but I'm gonna have to be very careful!!! Check out the StinkFab bent links I've got tucked under the rear wheels... The clearance looks awesome now!!!!

Let me know what you think!

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=3568&size=big&papass=&sort=1
http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/2/510hpim0291-med.jpg

NC_VX
03/23/2004, 09:31 AM
How do I get the image to show up on this? I tried twice and couldn't get it to come in... Don't I just click on the "IMG" button while creating this and link to the website listing of the image?

Dallas4u
03/23/2004, 09:36 AM
http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/2/510hpim0290.jpg

You can't click the IMG button and paste in the LINK to the photo... you have to copy the properties of the pic (right click on the pic, click Properties, then copy the URL from there) and paste them into the IMG address when you click on the IMG button.

Nice lookin' by the way!

azskyrider
03/23/2004, 09:40 AM
NICE! did they sand the cladding down to smooth the finish before painting and clear coating? Just a suggestion but you could put some of that 3M clear molding at the bottom of the cladding to protect the paint from pebbles kicked up from the tires. Ferrari's and porsche use them. It keeps the look but protects the nose and bottom .

NC_VX
03/23/2004, 09:48 AM
actually, they did sand, but they added rubber to the paint for the cladding, so that it is a bit stronger and durable from dents and shtuff.... Thanks for the compliments!

VX_PA
03/23/2004, 09:48 AM
I hope the paint shop owed you some favors. If not, color change is big chunk of change plus you got the molding painted WOW. Great job.;)

NC_VX
03/23/2004, 09:51 AM
no, just a chunk of changed. He said he would have done it for $3500 normally, and dind't realize how hard it was to do everything, but sicne he said $1800, I gave him $2k and we called it a day!!!

Thanks for the help Dallas!

WormGod
03/23/2004, 10:10 AM
Nice! But might I recommend getting some fatter shoes on there? Dunno what your state allows as far as sticking out of the wheel wells, but man, that would look great with a wider tire on there. Never been a fan of a skinny cowboy tire.

So, what kind of paint did you go with? I can see you went 2 stage, but is that all laquer or is it a uerethane?

Lookin' good!:clap:

Always bet on black!

NC_VX
03/23/2004, 10:14 AM
Hey Worm (Yeah, I like saying that!!!), I thought my tires looked nice... They are a lot beefier then stock, but I dind't think about going wider because of some feedback I got about positioning, fourwheeling, snow, etc.... But thats a good thought, I think I want to get some cheapy black rims and mud tires eventually and maybe I will go a bit wider for crawling!!!

theericharris
03/23/2004, 11:10 AM
VERY cool! I like!

You should tint all the windows a dark black tint (20%). That would complete the look :D

Nothing like a cleaned up black vehicle with a matching tint job.

johnnyapollo
03/23/2004, 11:13 AM
She looks really good! I guess I'll see it live at Black Rock Friday night. I'm gonna bring some mods to install too while I'm up there.

-- Best, John

NC_VX
03/23/2004, 11:46 AM
Hahaha... Tint is next on the list.. good eye!

JohnyApollo, C YA THERE!!!

Dallas4u
03/23/2004, 12:06 PM
I think the meats look just fine! They don't look too skinny to me at all! :)

coachreed
03/23/2004, 01:39 PM
Looks pretty awsome... I'm just curious though how your door jams look and how things look under the hood and whatnot. Just how much detail did they go into for that price... and YES, you got a smokin deal from what I can see! Color changes are not cheap... and looks like they did a great job... GREAT!

Coach... I mean Randy (I often forget who I really am) ;)
http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/406banner.jpg (http://www.geocities.com/ironmanvx2000)
Undergoing LS1 Conversion as we speak!
Click Image to Visit My Website!

Joe_Black
03/23/2004, 01:44 PM
Very nice, and the BFG A/T's are perfect! You'll get better traction with a narrower tire off-road. Just the way the prototype was!;Db;

Heraclid
03/23/2004, 02:59 PM
Two thumbs up - looks very nice! I also think the tires look good as is. My next set will probably be the same thing. I have the BFG Mud Terrains and love 'em, but would like to put a bit more rubber in direct contact with the pavement next time around.

Daver
03/23/2004, 03:52 PM
Cool, man. Looks great. I think most of us here will agree that black is the best color. :D

Is that a typical OME 912 lift? If so, putting wider wheels/tires on might not be so easy without lifting it even more. It's still hard to find wheels with an offset similar to our stock wheels. Most will push the wheels out, and with 33" tires, you might need some serious fender trimming if you do push the wheels out.

Just something to watch out for.

Also, if your wheels stick out enough you'll be washing your truck a lot more often. ;) I can't believe how much salt my tires kicked up onto my windows this winter. Can't wash it in the cold, either.

-Daver

NC_VX
03/23/2004, 04:10 PM
yeah, the tires are cool!!! Good point about the tires kicking up... sometimes my passengers here a huge clonk and ask what that was, I confidently tell them it was just in the tirewell, cause the cladding does a good job keeping any rocks off the car from my wheels.. Great points, i'll stick with what i got!

Thank.... door jams, awesome, inside the hood, painted, around the engine compartment, painted, underside, painted.... spoiler... painted!!! it was worth it!!!

TDUB
03/23/2004, 06:38 PM
Top 5

TW