PDA

View Full Version : Abs overide

ThirtyftFL
12/28/2002, 09:51 PM
This is for those of you that have the TOD disconnect installed. The switch for my TOD disconnect broke the other day so now i just have the wire twisted together. While driveing i noticed the ABS light was on. After playing around for a while I figured out that if you touch the disconnect to a ground momenteraly it turns off the ABS. this has to be done when the TOD is functional it does not work if TOD is turned off. I have no idea if this would cause any problems in the computer by grounding it out. If anyone knows if it would cause a problem please let me know. If there isn't any reason for concern then this would be great for those of you that don't like having ABS while offroading, or for any other reason.

hchen
12/29/2002, 04:53 PM
hey, how do you turn off TOD? i wanna do burnouts but the TOD doesnt let me. thanks!

Dallas4u
12/30/2002, 09:20 AM
Hchen... go to the VMAG VehiCross Board (http://club.vmag.com/cgi-bin/forumdisplay.cgi?action=topics&forum=Isuzu+Vehicross+2&number=39&DaysPrune=) and do a search on "TOD Disconnect"... there should be a lot of info available to you as this has been covered mant times.

By the way, I think someone (Bax?) stated that he cannot do burnouts with TOD off. I'm assuming this is the same for the others as well.

Baxman
12/30/2002, 08:58 PM
Yep, it was me. I had the front driveshaft off for dyno testing and couldn't burn off my 265/70-16 BFG ATs on the pavement with the blower.