PDA

View Full Version : High Altitude adjustments?

UtahVXer
03/21/2004, 06:32 PM
Just got a VX, and was wondering if any altitude adjustments are recommended, or if spark timing and air-fuel ratio automatically selfadjust to barometric pressure. We live in Park City Utah, 7000+, and the vehicle comes from an area at sea-level. Also, what is the best air filter, K&N? Thanks for any info.

jayfotos
03/21/2004, 06:57 PM
I used to live in Lake Tahoe and that was a concern of mine too(different car at the time), if you have fuel injection your cool(you do with your VX)....if you have a carb there are ajustments to be made.

K&N air filter is the way to go!

Oh, maybe if you reboot your computer that might help a bit(disconnect you battery for 20 mins), could'nt hurt....not sure....somebody else can jump in here about that though.

VX922
03/21/2004, 10:02 PM
I don't think you need to do any adjustment to compensate for elevation. Engine management system works on mass of the air flow (MAF) into the engine and it compensates for less density of the air at higher elevations. I lived well above 10,000ft an everything was fine. I agree with Jayfotos that high flow air filter is a good idea.
VX922

newthings
03/22/2004, 03:25 AM
I moved from 500 ft to 5600 ft and had a never resolved, fast idle in the mts. Dealer in low land could not duplicate, but I could by driving home. 2600 rpm idle is a pain. I have now moved back to sea level.
Roy

nater
03/22/2004, 09:43 AM
This is the best High Altitude Compensator is a supercharger!

Really!

Nate