PDA

View Full Version : Need a shoulder to cry on...

nyc #1 ironman
03/18/2004, 07:06 PM
I came off my bus after commuting to find my VX violated. Yes, they busted my window, glass everywhere, even in crevices I can't get out, ripped my custom dash( see my gallery) to pieces and stole my 1,000 pioneer premier sysytem. I just can't believe how they just busted everything up with no cares or concern (of course not they're thieves) The alarm went off for so long that my Optima Red was totally dead, and it took 20 minutes to jump start it. The cops even told me I'm lucky I had the Optima because most other batteries would have needed replacement.. Well, just the beginning of my journey, now to contact the insurance company , then get my police report, then the glass place, then the body shop, and don't forget the millions of phone calls and appointments, blah, blah , blah, etc,,, well, thanks for listening. I'm sure I'll get lots of emails from the board cheering me up the best way they can, its just so expected from this board ;-)))) I guess back to the ole stock player. If anyone has a stock CD player cheap let me know, thanks again...

Medman
03/18/2004, 07:18 PM
Man, I am so sorry that happened to you. It's happened twice in my lifetime and I still hate thinking about that day. You feel violated, like nothing is sacred. My sincerest condolences-I'm sure you'll work it out with the insurance/police/etc, etc. All the best.

-Medman

SPAZZ
03/18/2004, 07:20 PM
those bastards....I can't believe that someone would do that....I would get seriously mideval on someone if I ever caught them doing that or found out who did it....

sorry they just didn't steal and vandalised too......

I have a cd changer I would send you...but it only takes like 3 or 4 cd's....intermittently at that....

I'm gonna give you a call tomight and check up on you...make sure you didn't go postal;eekp;

Triple X
03/18/2004, 07:29 PM
Sorry to hear about your break-in. Hope you can put everything right again in short order. I've got a stock radio/cassette with controls for the disc changer that I'm not using. If that would be any help to you, let me know.

coachreed
03/18/2004, 07:37 PM
That sux man! It makes me ill to think about how people can do stuff like that and then look at themselves in the mirror or sleep at night... I can't do anything wrong without feeling TOTALLY wrong about it... heck, with my knee injury and being somewhat disabled right now, I have my mom's BF's truck... with handicap plates... do you think I park front and center?! NOPE... I wouldn't be able to sleep at night! And people can rape, pillage and plunder and it doesn't phase them! UGHHH! I hate people! OK, I'm stepping down off the soap box... sorry to hear about your loss... I have a stock cassette deck as well... but someone here already has my changer... if the stocker deck is of use to you, lemme know... I know you have another offer already, but thought I'd offer anyway.

Good luck with the repairs and recovery.

Coach... I mean Randy (I often forget who I really am) ;)
http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/406banner.jpg (http://www.geocities.com/ironmanvx2000)
Undergoing LS1 Conversion as we speak!
Click Image to Visit My Website!

redline
03/18/2004, 07:41 PM
That sux,stupid punks will pay in the end :evil:

Panther_Black_VX
03/18/2004, 08:16 PM
George!! I am soo sorry man! Dag, that must have been the worst sight to see.

Hang in there my man. Hopefully your baby will be back up and running soon.

TDUB
03/18/2004, 08:26 PM
Didn't they know!!?? It's not a 911 or Ferrari or some normal car. It's a fricken VX for Chirssakes!! How dare they!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TW

-x-
03/18/2004, 08:53 PM
...more power to ya man stay up and come back stronger...

I have the stock radio, if needed send me an address and its yours.....x

Anita
03/18/2004, 09:54 PM
punks..I'll send them through the airwaves my grandmother's old country evil-eye curse...:madp: :mado:

It will take care of them

:flame:

Seriously, I cringed at the thought of your beautiful ironman being damaged. So damn frustrating to create something special over time and with hard earned money and your sweat, only for some thug to take it away in a matter of seconds.

J La
03/18/2004, 10:22 PM
As with many of us I am sure, I know how you feel. That violation of your space and property is a bad feeling. But just put your baby back together and hopefully even better than before.

I just recently upgraded both receiver and cd changer. So if you want the stock equipment, they are yours. Just let me know, be glad to help out!

Keep your head up!!

Joe_Black
03/19/2004, 04:29 AM
Much sympathy, been there before. What goes around comes around, so take some consolation knowing their lives have travels in misery before them.

Navigator
03/19/2004, 05:43 AM
...Should be strung up by the testicles with barbed wire then dipped in rubbing alcohol IMO

Keep your head up man, insurance will cover most if not all your loss. And know that chances are good that people like that end up getting caught and or shot eventually :luck: Dayum shame you can't leave nice things unattended in the big city :noo:

Jolly Roger VX'er
03/19/2004, 06:25 AM
Yeah...as a fellow VX'er I feel your pain. Unfortunately, the very thing that makes our VX's special (their unique look & rarity) to us seems to sometimes be a negative in that it probably attracted the eye of some punk, who had to get a closer look that revealed the goodies inside. This kind of stuff happens in the country too...usually they take the whole vehicle!
I know how strong the connection is we share for our vehicles firsthand...as I very nearly got into a bar-fight defending her honor last weekend. If he hadn't backed down after mutally trading insults...it was going to get ugly!
It still surprises me how far people will go to find the owner of a VX in order to either praise or insult it. Personally, I keep my thoughts to myself unless someone asks me for them. I asked the blonde-bombshell of a bartender what she thought of my VX parked outside and she yelled out she loved it! I turned to the idiot and yelled, "Now there is someones opinion I value! When you can AFFORD a $32k SUV, then you come talk to me...until then....It doesn't much matter what ya think! He sprang off the barstool and came my way and I was ready to greet him with my right fist...then he retreated to his chair muttering to himself. I was pi$$ed mainly 'cause I put in 32hrs overtime last week and just wanted to relax!

Cyrk
03/19/2004, 06:30 AM
ARGH that really sucks BIG time... sorry to hear that.
-Dave

Capri
03/19/2004, 06:31 AM
sorry to hear, I need to put a guard dog or something in the car, ticks me off!

VXcaver
03/19/2004, 06:32 AM
Daaamn... I don't ever want to get on Anita's bad side. Those old country curses suck!

George- best wishes in getting your truck fixed. Living in the middle of nowhere I've forgotten what city life is like sometimes. When I leave my truck parked on the street its hardly ever locked. (Maybe I shouldn't put that out there for the world to read...) And your truck is so cool. These idiots must've known they were destroying something damn special.

Moral: Next time I hear someone's car alarm bleeping and honking away I'm going to pay attention. Maybe it'll help keep someone else from having to go through that.

WormGod
03/19/2004, 07:18 AM
Well, here's to hoping they broke the stereo getting it out too. They don't deserve ****e!

One reason why I hate leaving my VX at the subway station when I take the train. Tons of hoods just stand around waiting and watching for nice cars to park and when the owner walks away, he may as well leave his keys for the bastards.

Bantan
03/19/2004, 08:38 AM
George, What they did sucks but what sucks even more is that your insurance company won't replace your radio. The more I think about it the more sick to the stomach I get.;puke2;
I think this calls for a Ceasars Bay Meet of the NYCVX Chapter, to cheer George up.
What do ya say, Guys?

Dallas4u
03/19/2004, 08:48 AM
Dood, really sorry to hear this. I feel weird parking my VX on the street in front of my house overnight, but sometimes I'm just too lazy to move it to the driveway (behind my gates). It WILL go back there from now on.

nyc #1 ironman
03/19/2004, 09:24 AM
Well guys ,
To add fuel to the fire: insurance will not cover my stereo system because i never told them i upgraded to another system, even though i showed them pics of it from my gallery they still said since my stock wasn't stolen there was nothing they could do, and as far as a dash board goes they say the dealer sells it for 128 dollars and it is below my deductable so they recommend just purchasing it with out a claim. As far as the window I had full glass coverage so thats taken care of. Ahhhhh, the wonderful world of high insurance premiums always being there for you when you need them "NOT",,,,,So, Anyway I'd like to thank you all for your support as usual, and If someone does have a decent stock CD changer please email me with your price as I will already have my old head unit which unfortunately have to go back to. Please go easy on the price though if you can, I have to get lots fixed now,,, (lol),,,, thanks again,,,

migil
03/19/2004, 11:11 AM
Everyone here who has been through that experience feels your pain. Seeing the glass half full, I'm very glad it wasn't the whole car! I hope everything turns out ok with your insurance company.

I don't know why, but in the rare occasions my previous cars have been vandalized, my mind reeled with sadistic ideas of leaving poisoned booze bottles or hidden rat traps in there just waiting for the next bastard who wants to break a window and steal my stereo. :evil:

I wish you better luck with the CD changer than I had: I tried here to get one in good condition at a fair price for quite some time to no avail. Despite my obsession with keeping my VX as original as possible, I had to start doing some research on CD units with MP3/WMA capabilities to eventually replace the stock units.

WormGod
03/19/2004, 11:24 AM
Interesting. What insurance company is this? State Farm covered EVERYTHING I had stolen out of my car a couple years ago. As long as I had a reciept to prove I owned it. They replaced a head unit, amps, speaker box, and even a coat that was in the car.

That just sucks man.

reminds me of a story when I lived in NY. My buddy had a crappy little Jetta with no stereo in it. No music at all! Well, we went to Paladium one night and he put a hand written sign in the window on the dash that said "NO RADIO INSIDE". When we came out later, the driver side window was broken. The vandal wrote on the back of the sign "JUST CHECKING". ;) Some people are real jerks.

Newsman
03/19/2004, 05:52 PM
Eeeegads....I'll join the chorus....

That is awful. I know it doesn't even compare, but I think I'm having sympathy pains just thinking about someone busting up your baby.

I definately think another NYC area meet is in order once your VX is back up and running!

SPAZZ
03/19/2004, 06:58 PM
George...do you need the wiring harness back that goes from stock radio to cd changer??? I still will send you my old changer...even though it only holds like 3 cd.s??? give me a call if you do...ok buddy

nyc #1 ironman
03/19/2004, 09:19 PM
Wormgod,
Thats great to here in your case. The name of the insurance company is called Geico. I believe they are in NY only maybe Nerw Jersey too, but not sure. I even showed them my gallery photos with the stereo installed and showed them receipts , but they said I would have had to phoned them to upgrade my premium for and aftermarket system which was of such high quality. I love making those good for nothing insrance payments every month huh, 4 nuthin...

Heraclid
03/20/2004, 05:34 PM
Geico is nationwide. I have heard (but it is just hearsay) that once you make a claim they will drop you like a bad habit. I was sideswiped by someone with Geico insurance once, and apparently my mother had heard likewise because she said "serves 'em right, that insurance will drop her now". In fact she has made her dislike for them apparent a few times - I guess I need to ask her why. I'd love to hear more from anyone else with experience dealing with them. I know in my case they gave us the run-around because the stupid cop (well he was - nothing against police officers, but I've had a few ridiculous experiences with 'em) said he couldn't determine who was at fault, did not want to do a report because he said the damage was under $500 (it was $1500!). And this was one of those really obvious ones as far as determining what happened and who was at fault. Plus the damn lady was hoping I'd just go away and she went in and had dinner while I waited for an officer to show up - I had to go get her from her table when he got there. What a way to act like a b****, and if I were the officer that alone would have spoken volumes to me. He wasn't interested in witnesses either, and there would have been many. Luckily I have State Farm and they really go to bat for ya.

Then there was the cop that came over when our cat was shot and actually told my mom he didn't like cats and he'd shoot 'em too if he wouldn't lose his job for it. Say what?! That a-hole should've lost his job for saying it too - what an idiot! And another pulled me over for running a red light when it was green. Plus I was sitting right next to him at the light, knew he was right there... and the moron tells me he thought I was daring him to stop me. Huh?! I pulled over immediately and it was green. Yeah...oooookay... that's what I like to do on my Saturday nights... go around screwing with the cops. Yeah, right. Maybe if he paid attention he'd know it was green too. Still not quite sure what the heck went wrong with his noggin on that one, but no ticket.

Sorry for the rant. I totally respect most police officers who are in it for noble reasons and do a fine job and put it all on the line. But some are on a power trip, too, and I can't stand them.

Oh, and that guy that shot our cat (cat lived by the way)? He was a security guard who had tried like three times to be a police officer.

Chopper
03/20/2004, 05:50 PM
Maybe,here's your chance to rethink your interior. Live long enough an' you'll see, all crap, eventually leads to something much better. Let your creativity flow.......You'll feel much better.

Panther_Black_VX
03/20/2004, 07:00 PM
Originally posted by Heraclid
Geico is nationwide. I have heard (but it is just hearsay) that once you make a claim they will drop you like a bad habit.
This is true!! They dropped me for two claims back in '00 when I owed a Maxima. One was a no fault accident (door open when leaving the garage) and another tiny fender bender. Seems like if your claim amounts supercede your total one year premium, they will drop. I actually think the letter they sent to me, said as much. Maybe GA law allowed them to do that.

Gieco uses all their money to make those stupid commercials. I went with Progressive after that till I moved back to NJ. They were great!!

nyc #1 ironman
03/22/2004, 10:00 AM
I'm glad to hear these horror stories about Geico. I will think it over next time my policy is up...

impalerv
03/22/2004, 12:39 PM
NYC Ironman:

Consider switching to Allstate. I'm also in NYC and had Geico when I purchased my Vehicross. After switching to Allstate, my payments dropped by half. I even asked Geico to match the price and they would not do it. My rate is even better than what Geico had to offer.

nyc #1 ironman
03/23/2004, 12:50 PM
I will definitely look it to it now. Thanks for the heads up...

Captain Maynard
03/23/2004, 01:25 PM
Ironman,

I am new to this forum and know by now that you must be sick of reading the "I'm sorrys", but offer you my sincere condolences as well.

I must proclaim much kudos to Allstate as well. I was dumped by State Farm after two claims back in 1990. Since then, it has been Allstate without looking back!

I once called Geico for a "free quote" and they told me to stay with my current provider after I provided them my current rate.

I am so pleased with Allstate, that I changed my homeowners insurance to the company. As an added bonus, they lowered my rate as a reward for my combined home/auto loyalty!

The Captain Hath Spake Upon Ye!

nyc #1 ironman
03/23/2004, 02:53 PM
Hi, and welcome, never tired of hearing i'm sorrys, it made me feel alot better, i will look into allstate as well, all vx's should go allstate and get a group rate,,, ;)

Daver
03/23/2004, 03:37 PM
Apparently I'm the devil's advocate. I had good luck with Geico in the past.

I've also called other companies and had them tell me to stick with Geico when they couldn't beat my rate.

The main reason I no longer have Geico is that I moved to MA, and MA has weird auto insurance laws. I don't believe I could use Allstate or State Farm here either.

I was involved in a couple accidents that weren't my fault, and a couple that were while I had Geico. Both at-fault greater than my $500 deductible, too.

-Daver

Captain Maynard
03/23/2004, 08:42 PM
:o

Either "Daver" works for Geico or he has never experienced an "accident" in his career as a policy owner!

Geico Sucks!

The Captain Hath Spake Upon Ye!

Captain Maynard,
Slayer O' River Pirates!

:o

Daver
03/24/2004, 05:51 AM
Heh. I'm not big fan of Geico, I'm just saying I had good luck with them.

After I totalled my Typhoon and got my license suspended temporarily, they were the only larger insurance company that would insure me, albeit for >$4000/yr.

By the time I qualified for Allstate or State Farm (3yr good driving record...license suspension resets that counter to 0), I was getting a decent long-term customer discount from Geico that Allstate and State Farm weren't willing to match.

Also, as I said I was involved in about 4 accidents while I had Geico. Two that were my fault entirely. But that was also two relatively minor (maybe $3k total at most) accidents in 6 years of paying through the nose for insurance.

I think Geico liked me as a customer. I probably paid them about $15k for maybe $4k worth of damage as a policy holder.

Also, please don't question my veracity again. Your statement was unreasonable.

I'm just stating my own personal experience, I'm not trying to sell Geico. As I also stated, I no longer have Geico insurance anyway.

-Daver

Bantan
03/24/2004, 06:39 AM
Guys & Gals,
If you're interested, my Dad is an Allstate Agent in Manhattan.
Here is his # 212 982 6606

Captain Maynard
03/24/2004, 09:21 AM
Daver,

I apologize...

CM

Bill Brown
03/27/2004, 10:13 AM
Sorry to hear about your loss. Car alarms are only heard by their owners, if those owners are alert and within ear shot. I wish car alarms offered easily customizeable tones so one could be distinguished from the crowd, like all the various cell phone tones. One reason I'm reluctant to upgrade my audio system is that OEM audio systems rarely, if ever, get stolen. I periodically leave my VX in Fresno's long term airport parking for extended stays with little concern for its welfare. However, if I installed a quality sound system, I wouldn't be able to sleep nights when I was out-of-town. Mind you, every time I wander around Best Buy or Circuit City, I'm tempted to throw caution to the wind and go for one of those kewl techy audio setups with XM and integrated GPS. BTW, I've been pleased with USAA for all my insurance needs for some 24 years. Though their rates may not be the lowest, they offer the highest quality service. With the few auto and home damage claims I've submitted over the years, they were always on my side, proactive in my interest and supportive.

Heraclid
03/27/2004, 10:25 AM
All you need is a really loud wolf whistle on a car - everyone will look. :-)

Reminds me of a place I used to work where some kind of program got loose on the computers. If you opened it it set your volume sky-high and your computer screamed "hey look, I'm watching porn over here!". You should've seen all the heads popping up out of all the cubicles like a bunch of gophers.

Jumpnugly
03/27/2004, 05:17 PM
Sorry about the break-in, damage, and violation, and the insurance frustrations adding insult to injury.

My VX attracts alot of attention (not all of it welcome) and that always concerns me when I park it in a high risk area or among generic vehicles. I've found myself walking out to check on it from time to time.

Good luck to you.

nyc #1 ironman
03/27/2004, 07:37 PM
thanks again jump. Someone on the board is actually sending me a CD changer which was very kind and pretty typical of this board. Is there such thing as a wolfe whistle?

doubleadesign
03/27/2004, 10:31 PM
Add me to your list of "Damn! That sucks!" This happened to my Pathfinder. Anyway. I just put in a new radio and have the old one in great condition sitting here. The 6 disc changer is newer because they replaced it when i bought it. So, let me know what you can afford and it's yours.

nyc #1 ironman
03/28/2004, 04:44 PM
Thank you kindly. I really do need one. Someone on the board is supposed to send me one so I will see what happens. If they are unable to I will keep you in mind. I could really use it. I have nothing in there :-((((