PDA

View Full Version : Tire wear question

drdavidr4u
03/17/2004, 06:23 AM
Yesterday when the dealer put new warranty rims on my 2001 I asked him to rotate the tires. But I forgot if the more worn tires were on the front or rear. Call me brain dead, but i dont remember and therefore cannot be sure if they rotated them.

So I ask anyone who might know
On a Stock VX with 15,000 mi and proper alignment, tires never rotated, would the fronts or rears show more wear?
Thanks for the help!!

VX_PA
03/17/2004, 06:26 AM
The fronts would show more wear but only on the edge of the treads due to steering. As far as tire depth goes, it should be close to even. Just look at the outer edges of the tread for the wear from steering the front tires and make sure they get mounted in the rear. Hope this helps?;)

AREA 51
03/17/2004, 03:06 PM
Next time mark the tires beforehand.

jayfotos
03/17/2004, 03:10 PM
The fronts....Had mine rotated, then after a while just got a new set of kicks(toyo).

Y33TREKker
03/17/2004, 04:43 PM
I looked at a used VX with about 30k a while back, and the rears were worn more, but only on the insides of the tires. It just seemed odd because of there being no way to adjust camber on on the rear corners.

jayfotos
03/17/2004, 05:10 PM
Probably had'm rotated(my rears were in great shape after 30k the fronts were screwed) make sure to get them balanced as well. I rotated mine(skipped the balance) to the front and it drove bad at points, did'nt mind to much because I knew I was going to get all new tires pretty soon.

With my new tires I got a pretty cool deal, free tire rotation for the life of the tires. I plan on them checking the balance on every rotation, if it costs extra...I don't mind...I learned a good lesson with my past set of tires and I plan to keep my Toyos for a while.;)