PDA

View Full Version : Please post pics/diagram of radio removal

nater
03/15/2004, 07:35 PM
Hey, I have a Trooper, but I'm trying to guide someone through Radio removal for their VX. Anyone have pics or service manual diagram showing how to get it out of there?

Please post if you do!

Nate

SPAZZ
03/15/2004, 10:44 PM
hmmm...not hard......dash panel comes right out..

removal of cd changer takes like 5 minutes...

radio takes like 10

Triathlete
03/16/2004, 07:48 AM
There is like 5-6 screws to remove from the dash piece (all easily seen). Then the dash piece just pops out. There are short wires that are attached right pf the steering wheel. They don't need to be removed, just rotate the piece out of the way. The lower piece just pops off. The radio then has two screws holding it and a plug in the rear. Very simple! ;Db;

doubleadesign
03/16/2004, 09:24 AM
OK, now to do some shopping!

crotchrocket
04/17/2009, 01:51 AM
I have the stock JDM satnav / tv screen which i want to remove tomorrow, My plastic centre console surround has some cracks in it and i can't see any screws to remove it either? I also need to make a plate up as the stock head unit is double din and my new dvd player is single.

Anyone have any photo's of the centre console cover removal?? I searched the gallery ??

workmeistr
04/17/2009, 08:04 AM
Look under "How To," "Body." I did a "VX Dash Removal" write-up. Once upper dash facia and lower bit (around ashtray) is removed, the radio and cd changer brackets just unscrew from the front, no special removal tool needed.

Definately consider altering/extending the alarm wires as I show in my write-up. The time it originally took has paid great dividends as I have now removed/reinstalled my dash fashia over a dozen times adding various components to my stereo system.

Good luck, Bren.

http://www.vehicross.info/modules.php?s=&name=Content&file=viewcategory&cid=5&page=1&perpage=20&sort=date&order=desc&daysprune=-1

Sprey
04/17/2009, 07:03 PM
hey crotch check out my gallery on photobucket page 2, theres a few pics of when i took out my centre console to do the stereo etc and where mine had some hairline cracks.

If not ill put the links in here to the pics

http://s310.photobucket.com/albums/kk404/sprey16/?start=20