PDA

View Full Version : Is there a solution?

jayfotos
03/13/2004, 03:26 PM
My windows.....and I'm sure a lot of you have this problem.

They are not "binding" like I have seen on other threads, they are what seems to be sliding off the the track forward.
When the window goes up it "jumps" or "jerks" forward not giving a full seal when shut at the back of the window(very noticable with a tint job, you see the rim of the window where the tint was trimed). I often have to play cat'n mouse, going up and down til it seems to fall into place. On the passengers side it's worse and I have to reach to hold the window in place and roll up.

Now, the big question....

I've brought my vx in at least four times to fix this problem, had window replaced, adjusted and new motor(the last time was ignored, said they noticed nothing wrong). I plan to bring it in soon(having headlights replaced, waiting for part to come in) and at that point solve this problem once and for all.

So, without causing a bloody scene at the dealership....in your past experiences....how should this be FINALY be taken care of?

Angery VX'er:mad:

jayfotos
03/13/2004, 05:10 PM
I just wrote a letter to Isuzu Relations in Cerritos, CA., explaining my delema and hoping THEY will put a fire under my dealers butt.

Sending it out on Monday...we'll see what happens.

VCrossGurlie2006
03/13/2004, 09:16 PM
hey, mine were doin the same thing and i tried this.... http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?threadid=1180 and it worked well if you havent already tried that, try it and hopefully it works..good luck

VCrossGurlie2006
03/13/2004, 09:18 PM
BTW mine binded and slid over showin the tint like yours also

jayfotos
03/13/2004, 11:59 PM
Nope, I'm not having that problem

Tone
03/14/2004, 07:53 AM
This IS the problem many of us have and the fix posted in the How to section resolves it - very view dealers will.

jayfotos
03/14/2004, 08:51 AM
Yes, I saw that....not the problem I'm having. Plus it will void any warrenty, I have a record of this happening pretty much since I've had the vehicle so I should be covered.

I'm not looking forward in bringing my truck into the shop a couple times a year for a quick fix, hopefully they will get tired of that(I know I am) and fix it once and for all.

Maybe the letter will help a bit, gave them the info to the dealer. Maybe there is some tech in the area who knows how to fix it and point me in that direction.

We'll see

Dallas4u
03/14/2004, 09:06 AM
Jay, in all honesty... with all of the letters that have been sent to Isuzu America and all, with NOTHING coming out of it, I think all you did was send them some extra paper to shred and recycle.

Nothing against what you did as I am for ANYONE that stands up against an "evil do'er". I just don't expect Isuzu to come to ANYONE'S aid for ANY problems they are having, EVER!

Heraclid
03/14/2004, 09:27 AM
I did the window fix and it didn't work. After I did that I started having the rubber come out of the door and the rubber track liner tore in two. I think the tracks are not the problem and it is really the position of the lift point on the glass. Also didn't have much luck with the silicone lubricant in the tracks - white lithium grease worked a little better, but the darn things still aren't right. Dealer told me it was the regulators too. Fortunately I don't go around with them down much though just to keep the interior clean, but if I'm ever on a toll road, at a drive-through, etc., it's a real pain in the bumper.

jayfotos
03/14/2004, 09:32 AM
Ya, I see what yer say'n....

But if they do repy, it's on recorded with the big boys and If I run into warrentee problems down the road....I'm covered on both ends, the dealership and Isuzu.

Let them fight it out if there is any problems....

Could'nt hurt

BaM*BaM
03/14/2004, 09:52 AM
How about a mod design to make the windows work perfect? I too did the 'fix' and they still have probs sometimes.
I can think of MANY people here that would pay well to see a permanent fix for these windows! I hope someone with great mech skills will put this mod together. I'd buy one!

Heraclid
03/14/2004, 10:08 AM
If I feel like it I may get into my doors again today and look around. I still need to fix that rubber strip right. Hopefully I can fix it myself somehow because when the dealer sees what I did to the tracks...

jayfotos
03/14/2004, 02:33 PM
I got an idea.....

Obviously, this is the most common of all the "problems" the VX has. Should we combine forces and hit Isuzu Inc. at once to finally rid this plague?

How should we do it?

Make a potition up?

Each one of us type a letter telling our tales of getting this problem fixed and send'm all at once?

What'da ya think? There's anough VX owners on this forum to raise a stink.

Light your torch fellow VX'ers, we're go'n to battle!;eekr;

BaM*BaM
03/14/2004, 03:17 PM
jayfotos,...
It just ain't goin to happen with Isuzu. The VX represents nothing that Isuzu will see that will ever effect their future. And 15 people bad mouthing a car that they, all love themselves, fixed window or-no, about an old and forgotten vehicle's window problem, isn't ever going to be enough for them to call in busy engineers and do a free 'redesign' to fix it. It would probably cost them well over $1,000,000 to redesign it, make new parts, send new parts out, send out individual vehicle recalls, and pay each dealer for the labour. No use getting up set about things that won't ever be.

Any real and lasting fix will have to come from this group. And, I think thats cool.

jayfotos
03/14/2004, 04:02 PM
Your take'n it a little to literal, I'm not say'n kick down doors or anything.

I'm suggesting awareness to Isuzu that we are here and would like a solution. Maybe there is one....maybe our dealers mechanics don't know how to deal with it and blow it off, like they did to me.

If we had info to give our dealers like....."Call this guy from Isuzu Inc. he knows how to fix it", they might not blow us off or give a "temporary adjustment" fix, only to bring it in a couple of months later(the problem I'm having).

I'm thinking as a group effort it might be taken seriously and something might come of it, ya never know til ya try.

;)

kpaske
03/14/2004, 06:32 PM
Jay -

I don't think anybody here is purposely trying to discourage you from trying; however, if you read all the threads over the past couple of years about this window problem, you'll see that many different people have tried many avenues of approach with Isuzu to try to get this problem corrected, and like BamBam said, it just isn't worth it to them to fix it. If I'm not mistaken, there was even a petition/group effort to put pressure on Isuzu about a number of problems, and nothing ever came of it.

I too have the window problem. Fortunately it's only on the passenger side and isn't real bad. Even more fortunately, my wife never likes to put the window down, so it's a problem that doesn't constantly bother me. However, I would like a permanent solution, as the track twisting and silicon spraying solutions just haven't worked for me. If someone does come up with a mod, be it a redesign of the tracks, motor mounts, or whatever it would take to make them darn windows work properly, I'd be one of the first to throw my money down (given that it was a reasonable cost, of course).

jayfotos
03/14/2004, 07:04 PM
I hear ya....

I'm a perfectionist, I like having anything I own at peak....this erks me, because it seems I can't do anything about it.

I'll send in my letter, keep bringing my truck in and we'll see what happens, maybe they'll send me a Isuzu sticker.;)