PDA

View Full Version : What Tires?

Chopper
03/12/2004, 06:51 PM
I want to change the tires on the VX. It is wearing the stock "stones. Quite a few of you have a lot more experience with this car than I do, so I'll ask you. These tires will see Zero off road use, Zero icy crap,Zero rough roads.(Gotta love some things about Fla.) I want them as sticky as possible, as fat as possible without compromising handling, and as good looking as possible.Since I've paid to triple mirror the stock wheels, they gotta fit. Mostly "touring type" use, some triple digit stuff...you know........ Suggestions Please. Thank you, Wayne

mrtew
03/12/2004, 08:30 PM
Yokohama AV 285/60/18

johnnyapollo
03/13/2004, 08:00 AM
Pirelli Scorpions 255 55H18 V-rated

These give you a wider profile, better handling and more agressive look while still maintaining your speedo/odo relationship. The V rating gives you a stiffer sidewall for more agressive handling.

Once I found my tire of choice, I downloaded the quote from Tirerack.com and took it to NTB, who price-matched (not all NTBs will price-match, but some do). Ended up saving almost $400 over the retail price NTB wanted to charge. The advantages of NTB are the free tire rotations, Road Hazard replacement and nationwide location coverage.

-- John