PDA

View Full Version : Door Damage /Door Skin/Body Shop Experts!

USS Enterprise
03/12/2004, 11:46 AM
I'm not sure which forum would be best to ask this question but I figure I'd start here. I just joined the Vehicross World when I purchased one 3 days ago. The only problem I have with it is that there is a dent in the Drivers side door. The prior dealership tried to do body work to repair it but due to the ridges, it looks terrible. I was told I had 3 choices (all out of my pocket which is empty from the purchase)

1) Replace the entire door (This is probably overkill and very expensive for labor even if I found a door)

2) Replace just the Door skin (Best answer but can't seem to find one)

3) Attempt another repair and repaint the entire side (Costly again with the same possible result)

Question: Is there anyplace someone can point to where I can obtain the door skin reasonably? I've done some searches and tried contacting some of the sites in the forum with no luck.

Question: Is there also a place where someone could suggest I obtain the books that came with the 2001. I tried ebay but so far haven't seen anything. I guess I'm one of the strange ones that actually reads the damn thing. I'd love to understand what the Winter and Power buttons do and how they work (since the winter button wont stay down)

Sorry for all the questions but as a new owner I'm excited to have one and get it into the best shape I can with the limited budget. Thanks for reading my rant!

Cyrk
03/12/2004, 11:58 AM
You can DL the manual on CD from Tone's site:
http://www.tonemonday.com/Storage/vx_manual.zip

Also have you tried to call St Charles Isuzu @ 800.727.8066 about a new door or skin for it?

USS Enterprise
03/12/2004, 12:10 PM
Thanks so much for the info! I have tried contacting them today and am waiting to hear back from them.

Raque Thomas
03/12/2004, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by USS Enterprise
uck.

I'd love to understand what the Winter and Power buttons do and how they work (since the winter button wont stay down)

Welcome aboard! The power button changes the shift points to give you a little more get up and go - the winter button isn't supposed to stay depressed - you press it when taking off (or just before) and it will start you in 2nd gear so you don't spin. You'll have to press it each time you take off, as it disengages once a preset speed is reached.

USS Enterprise
03/12/2004, 01:15 PM
Thank you! Another mystery solved.

FYI for those who didn't know - I did get contacted by St. Charles Auto. They were nice enough to inform me Isuzu did not make a Door Skin and the only choice was to purchase a Door Shell (between $500-$600). What to do....What to do...

Dallas4u
03/12/2004, 02:22 PM
Yeah, it'll be expensive no matter which way you go with it. If you have to order the door, the expense of the door and labor to paint and mount may get a little high.

Trying to repair the 'repair' job in place may be the best bet, IF you can find someone to give you a straight answer on whether they think they can do it correctly or not.

ameetw
03/12/2004, 03:19 PM
Hey,
How about sourcing from the used parts dept. That should be cheaper??

Chopper
03/12/2004, 06:13 PM
Some guy Jason posted with parts the other night. Beleive he is in AZ or Cali. No matter Look for the thread about parts. Welcome