PDA

View Full Version : Phila. area meet?

Eckstream
03/11/2004, 04:42 PM
Well Its getting to be that time of year again! How many people would be interested in a meet for Pa/NJ/De/NY? I was thinking a good spot would be like Dave&Busters on Deleware Ave in philly.....? I just figured Id throw that out and see what everyone thinks... Lets get something together ahead of time so the max. number of people can attend... Anyway let me kno what you guys(and gals) think....

Chopper
03/11/2004, 05:58 PM
I actually grew up and lived in the Phila. area for many years. My kids live there still. I'm intersted.

Eckstream
03/11/2004, 08:38 PM
Sounds good... Thats a long drive... We need more people tho. Anyone else?

VX_PA
03/12/2004, 06:28 AM
Depending on the date, I might be able to make it. I'll need directions though, I'm not real familiar with Philly.:cool:

VX4EJR
03/12/2004, 12:42 PM
I'd be interested in a lil meet....question always is where and when.

I'm in West Chester (PA) about 40 minutes west of Philly.

Bantan
03/12/2004, 12:44 PM
I'm game,

I am long overdue for a visit to my family/peeps in West Chester, Pa & Wilmington, DE. You know the saying "kill 2 birds with 1 stone".

Eckstream
03/12/2004, 03:12 PM
Well Im open as far as a date does..... Id like to pick a time when most everyone would be able to attend.... I was thinking maybe 4th of july weekend? We still need some more people tho.... Anyone see spike,sge377,and 99 astral lately? Any particular particular date out there that would be better?

Robert
03/16/2004, 12:51 PM
Guys,

I am in if the meet is before June because I will ship my VX to Europe.

Robert

VX-KING
03/17/2004, 07:29 AM
HEY GUYS IM IN MY VX IS ALL DONE NOW AND THERE JUST A LITTLE BIT MORE TO DO FOR THE INTERIOR AND BRAKES

AND WHEN IS THE MEET FOR PHILLY CUZ IM GOING TO THE ONE IN JERSEY CITY SHORE

PEACE

ALEX

Eckstream
03/17/2004, 08:59 PM
When is this meet in Jersey? And where?

Spike
03/17/2004, 11:27 PM
Eckstream... Instead of Dave and Busters... seriously consider Kahunaville in Wilmington on a Sunday during one of their weekly car shows...

It's the same style of entertainment center... games.. food... drinks... with in this case.. the added feature of a small car show... ;)

I've been away from the board for a while due to business travel and a family loss... but I am about ready for something fun and distracting to boost morale.

Eckstream
03/18/2004, 02:03 PM
Sorry to hear about your loss spike..... Im up for wilmington are there any special days or do we have to reserve a spot on a specific day? Or we just cruise on up there? As Ive said I have no obligations so I am open to any day... Im lookin forward to gettin out n livin a lil...............

Spike
03/18/2004, 02:51 PM
Thanks Eck.. the well wished thoughts help a great deal.

We can pretty much cruise up and hang out... however in order to actually show our truckss, I would think we need to call in advance to see if there is a registration process...

Let me do some research and I will post what I find out.
Would be good if they are focusing on imports or trucks that weekend... Even better if they are taping for cable ;)

Eckstream
03/18/2004, 03:32 PM
Sounds good... Id def wanna be with imports over muscle cars..... They would never get us;Db; I live near Maple Grove Dragway and they always have stuff goin on there in the summer too.... Let me kno if you ever wanna together for a mini meet

Spike
03/18/2004, 03:39 PM
www.kahunaville.com

To: All cruisers
Kruise Kahunaville now has permanent registration,

Yes every car that enters the property for the Sunday cruise or Thursday cruise will now fill out a form and you will be given a permanent # for you and your car this will also be your 20% card good anytime not just cruise day. By filling out the form you will no longer have to register for the trophy show or the burnout's or any other show that we may have concerning cars.

You can save time by printing the form filling it out prior to arriving to Kahunaville and turn it in at the all new Cruise office inside Kahunaville to the right as you enter the main doors to the restaurant. Please be sure when turning in your form that you have your drivers license and your insurance card to show at the cruise office.

Thank you for you support lets have a wonderful cruise year.

Richie Bryan
Director of Motor Sports
Kahunaville, USA

click here for registration form:
http://www.kahunaville.com/images/kruise_form.jpg

Schedule of events:

MARCH
March Cruise Every Sunday 11:30 - 3:30 pm

March 21 Cruise on in it's Cruise N News day get you car in the magazine the photographers will be here all day and so will TV

APRIL
April 4 Blossom Run Sunday 11:30-5pm

April 11 Here we go the first burn outs TV filmed and lots of smoke.

April 18 Spring Fling come on out it Cruise time @ Kahunaville

April 24 Sat. Rock-n-Rods All day starting @ 10am till tons of music and wild rides Stay tuned for more updates as it grows.

April 25 Trophy Cruise TV and games don't miss it.

MAY
May 2 11:30 am to 5 pm come let cruise Tv will be here and the music is always good.

Mothers Day Cruise Cruise Buy and entree and moms eats for 1/2 price and then take her to see the soon to be world famous burnouts,as always TV will be filming

Thursday May 13th special cruise all cars, trucks, hotrods, muscle/classics invited to the National Street Car Association Corteco/ Kahunaville Kick Off Party (This will be a special burnout night Under the lights) There will be a BBQ and free passes to Cecil County Dragway provided by NSCA As always TV will be filming on location for Kruise Kahunaville

May 16 Cruise starts @ 11:30 TV filmed on location - the beer will be cold and the food will be hot - DJ Mac Thomas playing the oldies

May 23 Trophy cruise and the De Valley Old Goat Club will host the 50-50 TV and wild rides @ Kahunaville

May 30 Cruise and trivia on oldies and cars bring you brain and win prizes. TV will be here and the BBQ will be hot.

JUNE
June 6 Cruise day bring the kids and receive free tokens for kids under 10 TV will be here and the music will be great

June 12 Sat. PT Cruiser Day come on out and see the cruisers

June 13th Big bad burnout's and Bombs & Babes cruise for breast cancer and as always TV will be here filming Kruise Kahunaville for more information on the Breast Cancer Cruise Call Amy Mayo of Cruise Letter at 410-994-0610 or email amy cruzletter@aol.com

June 20 Fathers Day special Cruise. The day starts early. We will start in DE City @ the Diamond State Street Rods Show 8Am as we did last year, in the afternoon we are cruising to Kahunaville where we will have the 2004 Delaware Divas there for a photo shoot with your car and your favorite Diva will be part of the Kahunaville photo gallery. This should be a fun day we are lookoing forward to the turn out as always we will be filming Kruisekahunaville at both shows so don't miss it.

Diamond State Street Rods will host the 50-50 after their show ends in De City. They will also be cruising from De City at the end of their show all are invited to join in.

June 25-26 The Monte carlo Madness show Friday night BBQ - Sat we go to the Drags @ Atco Drag Way and the party starts back @ kahunaville 6pm on Sat. Stop by with your car and join the party.

June 27th Trophy show and swap meet & as always TV will be filming get here early for a parking spot.

Kruise Kahunaville Events information
Richie Bryan, Director of Automotive Events
kruisekahunaville@kahunaville.com (All locations)

JULY
July 4th Fire cracker cruise TV will be here you should too BBQ on the deck and the MD hot Boats on the water fire works @ night 50-50 BY The T-Bucket Dudes

July 11th Hot *** Burnout's baby cold beer smokin BBQ and drag boats on the water get here early and smell the smoke. TV will film the whole thing

July 18th It's happening on the deck, get here early for the games on the deck. Delaware Divas will supply the fun all you do is participate. TV will film it all, prizes, and awards 50-50 by the T-Bucket Club

July 25th Trophy time and swap meet for those who need to rid there joint of junk, TV will be on the scene the deck will be the place to be as we play soak the Diva with the super soaker

July 31 Sat Special day @ the drags we will cruise to Budds Creek MD we leave @ 8:45 AM we will be going to the Kahunaville / Corteco National Street Car Association Drag race and car show Free Pass to the race for car and passenger and a free cook out @ the track on Sat sign up via Email. TV will film the whole thing.

AWDriver
03/24/2004, 09:53 AM
Originally posted by Chopper
I actually grew up and lived in the Phila. area for many years. My kids live there still. I'm intersted.

Yes we do.;)

All the more reason for you to come up north for a bit.

Spike
03/24/2004, 10:29 AM
Hey everyone,

How does Sunday, April 11 at Kahunaville sound?

The TV crew will be there, maybe our VX's can get some airtime...

Bantan
03/24/2004, 10:37 AM
Hey Spike I won't be able to make it on a Sunday, cause I got to work. However I could do a Saturday, if at all possible, or maybe I will catch the next meet.

Spike
03/24/2004, 10:46 AM
As far as I can tell, they only have shows at KahunaVille on Sudays (and some Thursday nights... )

I say we stick with the Sunday April 11 for a first run just to get the ball rolling.

And then investigate other events shortly thereafter for a Saturday or other day. (Maybe in May)

Actually, it would be quite interesting to go to a drag strip and race VXs against VXs...

Bantan
03/24/2004, 11:05 AM
Spike, by all means do the Sunday gig, and post lots of pics.
Drag strip VX racing idea sounds good as well.

VX_PA
03/24/2004, 11:17 AM
Am I missing something??? It looks like KahunaVille is in Delaware not Pennsylvania. I thought we were all meeting somewhere near Philly? I'll have to get back to you about meeting in Delaware (long drive from where I'm at). Philly is 3 1/2 hours away, so KahunaVille is easily 4 hours or more away. That's more like a weekend getaway instead of a day trip.;)

Spike
03/24/2004, 11:43 AM
Bantan, first I am going to see if we get more responses...

For 1 VX to show up is a curiosity.. but to arrive in force of 3 or more.. is going to get people to sit up and take notice.

VX_PA... actually, not entirely true.

I just used Microsoft's MapPoint 2004, and plotted from the center of Chambersburg PA to Kahuna in Wilmington De.. and then from Chambersburg to the Philadelphia Waterfront (Dave&Buster's)
The mileage was off by about 10. And the time elapsed, was off by about a minute from each other..

Total drive was listed just shy of 3 hours.

I am actually about halfway in between the 2.. and can easily verify that the distance between Philadelphia and Wilmington is only about 35 miles...

It's not like we are driving down to Dover...

VX_PA
03/24/2004, 11:53 AM
If that's the case, I might be able to make it. Do you take the PA turnpike to Philly?? If so, maybe we could meet up before hand so I can play follow the leader? Just a thought, since you mentioned you were located East of me.

Oh, I had another question. That weekend is the burn-out contest. So how do you get a VX to sit still and smoke the tires off?? LOL :cool:

One more thing: does it cost extra to run the VX down the strip?? That would be really cool!!:cool:

Spike
03/24/2004, 12:04 PM
Only thing I can think of to make a VX burn out is to put teflon on your tires and stand it in a puddle of water....

Anyway, to answer your question... I am near 476 (the blue route)

Tell me how you get to philly, and I will do what I can to help you out.

Either between myself or some of the other semi-locals (VXEJR? you out there?) we can figure out a good place to have you meet up and start up a Caravan.. no wait, that's a Dodge.. I mean a convoy...

VX_PA
03/24/2004, 12:06 PM
We'll have to bring tow straps just to hold a VX in place so it can try to burn the tires!?! :D

Spike
03/24/2004, 12:31 PM
VX_PA... I have no idea where they do the burnouts.
That area has a lot of shops, restaurants and outlets. It is next to the Wilmington Blue Rocks Stadium (minor-minor league Baseball)

The nearest drag strip that I know of is Cecil County, and that is about 20-30 mins west from KahunaVille. Over in Maryland

VX_PA
03/24/2004, 12:46 PM
If I'm going to Philly, I'd take the PA turnpike East but I have never been to Wilmington DE so I'd have to check the best route to get there.

If we could pick a time and a place to meet on Sunday to start a VX convoy (that sounds cool:D ) I'd be in for that.

So now, how many PA, NJ, MD, DE, and possibly NY & OH VX owners can make it?? Come on, lots of VX's all in one place!!!;) :cool:

Spike
03/24/2004, 12:51 PM
Okay, once we get an approximate head count and where everyone is coming from, I can figure out who lives where, I can figure out the best meeting place (places)

... Complete with directions and maps ...

VX4EJR
03/24/2004, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by VX_PA
So now, how many PA, NJ, MD, DE, and possibly NY & OH VX owners can make it?? Come on, lots of VX's all in one place!!!;) :cool:

OR bring along lots of large mirrors!

(get it...HA HA)

Spike
03/24/2004, 01:02 PM
Elliot!

You been sniffing glue and eating paste again?

j/k man...

I've got the roof-rack, I can carry mirrors under 110lbs!

Bill Brown
03/25/2004, 02:10 PM
Okay, where are the VXers? I've been in Philly all week and have not seen a single VX. Will be returning to Middle California in the morning.

Eckstream
03/25/2004, 02:25 PM
Im in for Apr 11th! Ive been away on business for a while and was happy to see we have more of an interest.... Hey VX_PA I could meet you on the turnpike in morgantown(exit22 i think) I live just north of there so I could lead the way..... I think Maple Grove Raceway will be opening soon so we could set up a drag day/night on a saturday so bantan could come down... Im really lookin forward to seeing how many people turn up!

Spike
03/25/2004, 02:53 PM
Hey Bill Brown.. where in Philly?

I've mostly been at work and asleep at home all week.. Except Wednesday... I was visiting one of our stores down near the airport.. then took a spin to see what was left of Vet Stadium...

I stayed in Clovis a few years ago... just south of the airport... had a blast at the Chevy's on Shaw Ave... Definitely one of the most amusing business trips I've ever had...

Spike
03/25/2004, 02:59 PM
Argh!
I finally looked at a REAL Calendar instead of the little pop up one in Windows...

... April 11 is EASTER, and I will be at my Aunt/Uncle's house for a solid chunk of the day...

Anyone have any problems with shifting this plan to the 18th?

Eckstream
03/25/2004, 03:04 PM
18th it is..... Marked on my calendar

Bill Brown
03/26/2004, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by Spike
Hey Bill Brown.. where in Philly?

I was attending a training conference at the Marriott Downtown Philadelphia. I'm back home in Clovis, now.