PDA

View Full Version : OME Shocks

VR4-Quest
03/11/2004, 11:58 AM
HAs anyone here tried these on a VX yet (OME firm Nitrocharger shocks)? I have them on my Landcruiser and 4Runner and love them, especially the firm (reminds me of the VX's ride).

I want to know if they are as firm as the OE shocks (which I like, with the seperate resevoiur, extruded aluminum, gold finish, etc. but they fail too damn early).

I need something other than stock, as Im done hassling with the dealer on replacing the oe shocks. 2 where bad, and when first taking to the dealer, they said they were fine. I had to remove a good an bad one and show them the compression difference. They only get paid to look, not remove. No leaks, test drive ok, then no problem. They dont realize how stiff the VX ride normally is. Now I think the other 2 (1 front and 1 rear - right side) are going - I can tell, but arent totally shot yet. Dealer says they are fine (what else would I expect). But soon my 2nd owner 3 year 50,000 mile basic warranty is gonna run up, and my Isuzu extended doesnt cover shocks.

Dallas4u
03/11/2004, 12:09 PM
http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2470&highlight=OME

VR4-Quest
03/11/2004, 01:00 PM
Yeah, but those were the soft valving ones. I want firm valving reviews (or at least try to find out the valving specs vs. OE).

Reg Hinnant
03/11/2004, 02:41 PM
Hi VR4-Quest
I have both OME shock # (soft & firm) on the thread "Best replacement shocks". I have not been able to find any info on valving specs on the original shocks as well as most aftermarket brands.
I am currently sending Derrick an original front & rear shock so they can be disassembled to find out the valving specs were and if he can duplicate it.
The OME LTR look great if they only made them in our lengths and fittings.
Cheers,
Reg Hinnant

VR4-Quest
03/16/2004, 02:02 PM
Yes, excellent work Reg, I have seen you list. I too wanted the LTR's, damn...