View Full Version : Introduce yourself here!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

handeeman
06/16/2009, 11:54 AM
WELCOME Whitney!...:thumbup:...:yes:...:thumbup:

Glad to see that you decided to join the online VX family.

Hope to see You & Jack next spring in Moab!

X2 here! I would say welcome to "the Madness", but you've already experienced that. I love your field of study, perhaps you can work with Ldub and me (if I make it to Moab next year) after a couple of mooooonkeeees. My wifey (for 35 years), is an elementary school teacher for 24yrs now.

alanpike
06/16/2009, 01:59 PM
Hi people chopper got me interested so I joined, now I need to educate my self about the VX.

I am from the UK so dont hold that against me LOL.

tom4bren
06/16/2009, 02:02 PM
We'd never hold that against you. We just LOVE folks who drive on the wrong side of the road.

'Sides - you're in good company.

http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?threadid=15925

Gussie2000
06/16/2009, 04:44 PM
We'd never hold that against you. We just LOVE folks who drive on the wrong side of the road.

'Sides - you're in good company.

http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?threadid=15925

X2 ;)

suitcase78
06/16/2009, 07:35 PM
THANK YOU ALL for the support and well wishings... ive got someone in somewhat local whos selling A RUNNING "BABIED" VX black w/ red/black interior 148K miles... for 3,900!!! HOWEVER im not too sure how babied it is from 3900 ?? grrrrrrrr just wish people were more HONEST in the real word lol. BUT WE SHALL SEE!!!

and yes tom4bren tis beautiful you should visit again soon!!

Gussie2000
06/17/2009, 05:14 AM
THANK YOU ALL for the support and well wishings... ive got someone in somewhat local whos selling A RUNNING "BABIED" VX black w/ red/black interior 148K miles... for 3,900!!! HOWEVER im not too sure how babied it is from 3900 ?? grrrrrrrr just wish people were more HONEST in the real word lol. BUT WE SHALL SEE!!!

and yes tom4bren tis beautiful you should visit again soon!!

The only way to verify that info is taking the VX for a tough road test,probably the owner loves the VX as much as the rest of us. :rolleyes:

JABO
06/20/2009, 10:20 PM
Hello gang! I've been a happy VCross owner for 5 years now. I have a black 1999 one. Recently there is a loud thumping sound under the hood - almost only happens when I give 'er a lil extra gas going uphill. The shop tells me the transfer (case)? needs replacing. The guy tells me it's not that unusual with TOD systems. I'm wondering if anyone on here has had this problem, and what did they do? I need the cheapest answer at this time. Oh, I'm not really sure I understand how this "thread" thing works, so if it's not too much to ask, I would really appreciate replies sent to my email - Jabo26@aol.com. Thanks for you time.

Jeff

Shawn Seeback
06/22/2009, 08:20 PM
Hello fellows:)
Hi my name is Shawn. I first encountered this vehicle just this past year, yea were have i been? I dont know but can say im loven it! This VX is a vehicle that should have never been removed from the market:( I first saw this RAD looking thing on the side of the HAmburg turnpike in jersey( if anyone knows where well..), i at first thought it was a bit retro looking a bit of a Space Moon Mobile, Well it sure is out of this world! I love the power, look, and most of all talk about unique.. absolutly wat i needed! well i hope i might be able to get to meet some fellow VXer's soon. I have been offroading for a long time but i usually use my Toyota Tacoma. Thats another vehicle i will say with a lot of off road carisma.. but knothing as charming as my VX, bye far... Well please hit me up, anyone i would love to hear bout your upgrades and stories, well hope that does it. See all you someday? Hopening:)

Gussie2000
06/22/2009, 09:00 PM
Hello fellows:)
Hi my name is Shawn. I first encountered this vehicle just this past year, yea were have i been? I dont know but can say im loven it! This VX is a vehicle that should have never been removed from the market:( I first saw this RAD looking thing on the side of the HAmburg turnpike in jersey( if anyone knows where well..), i at first thought it was a bit retro looking a bit of a Space Moon Mobile, Well it sure is out of this world! I love the power, look, and most of all talk about unique.. absolutly wat i needed! well i hope i might be able to get to meet some fellow VXer's soon. I have been offroading for a long time but i usually use my Toyota Tacoma. Thats another vehicle i will say with a lot of off road carisma.. but knothing as charming as my VX, bye far... Well please hit me up, anyone i would love to hear bout your upgrades and stories, well hope that does it. See all you someday? Hopening:)

Hi shawn !

Welcome to the hood bro :p

Let me be the 1rst to replay about the site & other stuff you would find interesting.

Upgrades,mods,repair tips & how to,avalaible parts & any thing you should know off is right here....you took the right path by finding this awesome site.

Also let me invite you to the tri-state & PA meet on july the 25th in rockaway,NJ; The location is the rockaway townsquare mall so you can meet folks from NY,NJ,CT & PA god spare.

Again,welcome to the VX world. Lets's the fun begins. ;)

By the way,whenever you can post some pics of your new toy,it's a kind of protocol so to say.

Hope to meet you soon !

Gussie2000
06/22/2009, 09:02 PM
Hello gang! I've been a happy VCross owner for 5 years now. I have a black 1999 one. Recently there is a loud thumping sound under the hood - almost only happens when I give 'er a lil extra gas going uphill. The shop tells me the transfer (case)? needs replacing. The guy tells me it's not that unusual with TOD systems. I'm wondering if anyone on here has had this problem, and what did they do? I need the cheapest answer at this time. Oh, I'm not really sure I understand how this "thread" thing works, so if it's not too much to ask, I would really appreciate replies sent to my email - Jabo26@aol.com. Thanks for you time.

Jeff

Hi jabo,my best advise is having the opinion of different shops to verify any past diagnostic.That way you can really know that is the TOd what is causing the related noise.

Shawn Seeback
06/22/2009, 09:23 PM
Well i am sill gettn used to this site but asoon as possible i will put some pics up! Promise i think i will like you guys on this site, sounds like you all have much in common:) Yea again, im l;ove it! So i will def. be their i cant wait to see all those beautiful lookn creatures!!!:) So any more people with any type of updates i need to know about let me know, i will do best do get anywhere u guys at. Tghanks for the resoponse, Shawn!

tom4bren
06/23/2009, 12:53 PM
Welcome Shawn.

Keep an eye on the calendar. There should still be a couple of East Coast events this year.

Tom

New99VX'er
06/23/2009, 05:11 PM
I've had my "99" Silver VX since this past Fathers Day (2009). What a gift. I fell in love with one that I saw in a used car lot about 2 yrs ago, but don't tell my wife. She wouldn't be happy if I fell in love with someone else. I drove 3.5 hrs to purchase this one, worth every mile. Everyone here seems to be great, nice to be part of the VX Family.

Gussie2000
06/23/2009, 06:15 PM
I've had my "99" Silver VX since this past Fathers Day (2009). What a gift. I fell in love with one that I saw in a used car lot about 2 yrs ago, but don't tell my wife. She wouldn't be happy if I fell in love with someone else. I drove 3.5 hrs to purchase this one, worth every mile. Everyone here seems to be great, nice to be part of the VX Family.

Welcome to the site !

Give us some pics of your new you ! ;)

don moore
06/23/2009, 07:29 PM
hey Sean and Jeff..helcome to the madness

drdirt
06/24/2009, 12:17 PM
1999 Ironman, 115k mi, owned for about a year and love it

aaronk
06/25/2009, 10:55 AM
Just got my VX about a month ago - 99 ebony - I love it though it needs a bit of work. I am happy to have found this forum of VXers !

crotchrocket
06/25/2009, 11:01 AM
Hello and Welcome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tom4bren
06/25/2009, 11:15 AM
Welcome all. This is an awsome family & I'm sure you'll enjoy your stay here.

drdirt,

I'll probably be down in the Holly Springs area this September. Are you anywhere close to there?

don moore
06/25/2009, 11:08 PM
drdirt i like the town your from...hehe

don moore
06/25/2009, 11:10 PM
Just got my VX about a month ago - 99 ebony - I love it though it needs a bit of work. I am happy to have found this forum of VXers !

just ask and we'll try our best to answer anything... including the secrets of the universe......:smilewink

Fe
06/27/2009, 08:11 PM
VX admirer, Forum lurker, finally joined the ranks (both as owner '01 Ironman & member). Other car Infiniti QX56 - split personality don't ask. Thanks for letting me join your ranks....I'm sure this rookie will have questions. Any advice appreciated.

Fe
06/27/2009, 08:12 PM
Back-up camera is a high priority. I'll look for threads. Any secrets to share on that topic?

tomdietrying
06/27/2009, 08:15 PM
Nice to see another Texan with a VX. Welcome to the addiction.
Peace.
Tom

pbkid
06/27/2009, 08:19 PM
welcome fe...

look around, lots of info here on the forum..

pbglas
06/27/2009, 08:54 PM
Hi, I am from Chicago,

I have been lurking for a month or so. This morning I took possession of 2000
VX and was able to join and post. The forum has already been very helpful and I am sure I will need a lot of help. When you get a nearly 10 year old car you need help.

I had first seen a VX on the street about 3 years ago and thought it was a new Isuzu model. I was not in the market for a car then and filed the info away. An opportunity aorme wen a house guest drunk out of her mind took my car without permission to get more beer and totaled it.

A mechanic friend who I approached about helping me check out used cars told me his favorite car was the VX. I found one ofr sale on Craig's list. And well the rest is history.

I look forward to chatting with folks on the list.

Gussie2000
06/27/2009, 09:03 PM
Hi, I am from Chicago,

I have been lurking for a month or so. This morning I took possession of 2000
VX and was able to join and post. The forum has already been very helpful and I am sure I will need a lot of help. When you get a nearly 10 year old car you need help.

I had first seen a VX on the street about 3 years ago and thought it was a new Isuzu model. I was not in the market for a car then and filed the info away. An opportunity aorme wen a house guest drunk out of her mind took my car without permission to get more beer and totaled it.

A mechanic friend who I approached about helping me check out used cars told me his favorite car was the VX. I found one ofr sale on Craig's list. And well the rest is history.

I look forward to chatting with folks on the list.

Welcome to the hood bro ! :p

Get some pics of your new toy in here :yesy: :yeso: :bwgy: :yesb: :yesgray:

don moore
06/27/2009, 09:06 PM
hi pbglas....
welcome .....to....the .......world ...of ...VXs

Gussie2000
06/27/2009, 09:06 PM
Back-up camera is a high priority. I'll look for threads. Any secrets to share on that topic?

Wireless camera is a good option but there is many options.

Places to look at :

Ebay.com
target
bestbuy
amazon.com
buy.com

Just for starters

Oh & welcome. :happyface

Got pics ?

TheGanzman
07/04/2009, 11:16 AM

Ya' know, I was ALL ready to do the backup camera thang, and I was gonna spend some serious coin on it too. Having had one of these in my RV, I thought I'd try it first in the VX:

http://www.amazon.com/CIPA-60200-Wide-Angle-Lens/dp/B000TCI7K4

For the record, I installed it "uncut", at the very bottom and center of the rear window. After you get "used" to it, I've found that it works GREAT - to the point of me no longer feeling the need for a backup camera. Might wanna try it first; you'll save yourself a few beans, and have one less thing on your VX to break!

Gussie2000
07/04/2009, 07:55 PM
Ya' know, I was ALL ready to do the backup camera thang, and I was gonna spend some serious coin on it too. Having had one of these in my RV, I thought I'd try it first in the VX:

http://www.amazon.com/CIPA-60200-Wide-Angle-Lens/dp/B000TCI7K4

For the record, I installed it "uncut", at the very bottom and center of the rear window. After you get "used" to it, I've found that it works GREAT - to the point of me no longer feeling the need for a backup camera. Might wanna try it first; you'll save yourself a few beans, and have one less thing on your VX to break!

Yes it's good add to the rear view guys,i bought one at strauss auto about $ 14.00 & did it as you ganzman.

I highly recommend this stuff
http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/DSC00933.JPG

pbglas
07/06/2009, 08:21 PM
Thanks Gussie and Don. I appreciate the welcome.

I want to spruce it up a bit before photographing it.

BeaVicross
07/08/2009, 09:35 PM
I just purchased a used 1999 VX with only 68K miles on it and looks great. I am a Jeep guy, so I will have a lot of modification questions and general questions regarding the overall operation and performance of the VX. I have seen a lot of pics and post of people that use their VX like most people use their jeeps. If these rigs actually perform like what I have seen I should be overly impressed. I appreciate any comments concerning what to look out for at 68/69k miles. Are there any common issues that I need to be aware of when it comes to my VX?

Thanks in advance.

-Neil

BEAVICROSS!

handeeman
07/09/2009, 06:26 AM
Hey welcome to the family aka "the madness". I would think if you do some forum searches you'll find a lot of great reads and mods, feel free to jump in anytime. The members here don't bite, they sometimes grumble lol. As you can see I've only been around since Sept 08 so I'm still learning about the little beast. One thing the VX seems to experence is window problems, but the repair is not real difficult. Some of the more senior members can give ya lots of help. When ya have time look at some of crotchrockets vids and the Moab pics and there's all kind of vids on you tube. Well this is a great example of what ya get, since all I was gonna say was "Welcome". lol

Gussie2000
07/09/2009, 08:35 AM
To all new members.
Beavicross in regards of which issues our toys suffers most beside the windows binding the most important of all is the engine's oil burning issue.
Unfortunately isuzu 3.5L engines from 1999 thru 2001 came with a flaw in its design
However don't let this scare the s.... outter you though.
If you haven't do it so far i'll suggest you switch to synthetic oil;Mobil 1 is the most common oil we use on our toys.
Keep a tight monitoring on your oil level;If you conmute a good bunch of miles daily check the oil no less then three times a week,many does it at every fuel fill up.
This is the most important advice any one in here will give you,perform all regular maintainance you already know has to be done & your horse will reward you giving years of joy & fun.
The VX is very capable when we talk about off roading,there's many pics & videos showing what VX is capable off,really amazing.
Again,welcome to the hood guys

VXorado
07/15/2009, 10:25 AM
First Post!!!! Hello everyone, I FINALLY bought a 99 ironman on Monday. I was lurking around the forums for a while... very helpful stuff. I'm excited to take it out on the Colorado trails. The PO already put a lift and oversized tires on it, so it should be good to go. I will post some pictures soon.

tom4bren
07/15/2009, 10:27 AM
Welcome to the addiction. You have members near you so hook up with some of your new family to learn more about your new ride.

Scott Harness
07/15/2009, 10:32 AM
First Post!!!! Hello everyone, I FINALLY bought a 99 ironman on Monday. I was lurking around the forums for a while... very helpful stuff. I'm excited to take it out on the Colorado trails. The PO already put a lift and oversized tires on it, so it should be good to go. I will post some pictures soon.

Welcome! Enjoy your new ride and your new family:)

MSHardeman
07/15/2009, 11:03 AM
VXorado,

It's good to see another member up in the mountains. I'm just over in Carbondale so if you want to get together and geek out over the VX's let me know and we can do lunch.

Welcome to the family.

Mark

handeeman
07/15/2009, 11:07 AM
Hey VXORADO, welcome to the madness. Owning a VX in Colo. should be awesome, plus the "Boss" lives there.

VXorado
07/15/2009, 11:59 AM
Thanks everyone, I'm happy to be part of the group :bgwo:

VXorado,

It's good to see another member up in the mountains. I'm just over in Carbondale so if you want to get together and geek out over the VX's let me know and we can do lunch.

Welcome to the family.

Mark

Sounds good, I'd like to meet up sometime Mark. I was near carbondale a while back 4 wheeling near Marble. That was when I had my lifted Jeep wrangler with 35" tires... but I sold it for something better :dan_ban:.
We could go 4 wheeling in the same area sometime if you're into that sort of thing, it's a really scenic area (google: crystal mill).

tomdietrying
07/15/2009, 02:20 PM
Welcome, Welcome, Welcome!
Where did you buy your VX? Was it someone from the board?
Peace.
Tom
p.s.
Make sure to go to the post where you can pin point your home location.

VXorado
07/15/2009, 05:07 PM
Welcome, Welcome, Welcome!
Where did you buy your VX? Was it someone from the board?
Peace.
Tom
p.s.
Make sure to go to the post where you can pin point your home location.

Thanks, I bought it from Jay-fazed in Colorado Springs. He had a really good deal on it- $5000 for everything. I test drove it three weeks ago when I sold my Jeep. I liked it but wanted to make sure I was getting a good deal. Nothing compared to the price for a VX in good overall condition. Last weekend I took it for another drive and bought it from him. I plan on keeping it for a long time. I will post pics here tonight

Gussie2000
07/15/2009, 05:35 PM
Thanks, I bought it from Jay-fazed in Colorado Springs. He had a really good deal on it- $5000 for everything. I test drove it three weeks ago when I sold my Jeep. I liked it but wanted to make sure I was getting a good deal. Nothing compared to the price for a VX in good overall condition. Last weekend I took it for another drive and bought it from him. I plan on keeping it for a long time. I will post pics here tonight

Welcome to the hood bro ! ;)

Remember,those ironman are all on steroids LOL :p

VXorado
07/15/2009, 07:05 PM
Here are the pictures of my new ride:
:_group2:

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/VX_0034.jpg

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/VX_0014.jpg

VXorado
07/15/2009, 07:13 PM
Welcome to the hood bro ! ;)

Remember,those ironman are all on steroids LOL :p

ERGGG, STEROIDS MAKE IRONMAN HAPPY

Gussie2000
07/15/2009, 07:26 PM
ERGGG, STEROIDS MAKE IRONMAN HAPPY

Go to admited i love the ironman :o

Nice pics VXorado.That horse is in great shape

What else can i add here..............................HAVE FUN :yesgray: :yesb: :yeso:

darthsteve
07/16/2009, 05:43 AM
Hello, I recently bought a vx from my uncle 01 black with 45k on it. I love it. Rare cars are what I do. I'm a body tech by trade and look forward to learning more about my ride. Thanks Steve.

handeeman
07/16/2009, 06:20 AM
Hey darth, well as we say welcome to the "madness". It's good to have a body tech on board in case we need ya God forbid.

Gussie2000
07/16/2009, 07:17 AM
To the madness.
Make sure your psicology Dr. have run a test on you to asure you all crazy as well as us LOL

Welcome bro.

tworavens
07/16/2009, 12:53 PM
Just realized, I haven't yet introduced myself. :confused:

Saw my first VX shoot past me on the freeway in 2001, a Proton. I said (aloud) Wow, how cool! Wutthehell is that? Didn't think much about it until I saw it again a couple of weeks later. This time I managed to make out the "V" and the "Cross" on the side pillar. Of course by now I was already hooked, but didn't know it yet...After researching it on the 'net I found out it was a "VehiCross" I think you call it. Couldn't just up and buy one right away though, so I waited a decent interval, four whole months, then went to the nearest Isuzu dealer and bought one. That must have been the easiest sale the salesman made all month, I just told the guy to get the payments below $500 and I'll take it.:yeso: I wanted the Proton but the last one had been sold the day before, so chose Dragon over Ebony from the last two on the lot.

Funny how a car with defective windows, almost no spare parts, and no cupholders can suck you in so completely. No regrets though, except wishing I had more cash for some add-ons.

BoarderCROSS2000
07/16/2009, 01:12 PM
Howdy All,

I'm Jeff Smith and am planning on having a full fledged VehiCROSS addiction very soon. I'm in NorCal and my past addiction involved one sporty little BMW 318ti hatchback that now tops 250,000 miles. Doesn't do too well in the local Tahoe Mtns except on the twisties so I'm going TOD!

Have been searching for the right VX for about a month now. I've been going back and forth a bit between getting a high mileage fixer vs a pristine low miles version and I think I'm leaning away from the fixers. The difference in asking prices (between garage queen and fixer) is in the thousands and I'm sure I could do alot with that difference in mods but... I'm way too anal about my toys and the fixers seem to have lots of cosmetic problems that might be problematic.

If I was ready today, as in fully funded, I'd go see Keith's VX in OR, but alas, I must wait a few more months. There seems to be a few out there at dealers but not that many in good shape. I think my preference is to buy from a vehicross.info member, someone who has been an enthusiast and has taken pride in their ride. Its pretty obvious to me that this is one enthusiast worthy vehicle, one that I'll be able to embrace and really get into. I was fairly convinced about my choice of truck having a distant cousin with good experience in ownership. Perusing through this site has all but sealed the deal for me. Now its just a matter of patience and timing.

It looks like I may have to buy out of state... I'm thinking anything West of Dallas and Denver that would allow me to fly and drive(I'm in Sacramento, CA). Is anyone familiar with the process of registering/smogging a out of state car in California. Anyone aware of what emissions controls are on the VX?

It looks like the most common problems to look for are the dreaded windows, shifter handle and hood insert. I'll be requiring a full mechanical inspection of anything I buy but am interested to know what should be looked at specifically. I'll post this email elsewhere now so that folks can reply to me if needed. Thanks for the great site and am looking forward to getting in the club soon.

Jeff

tom4bren
07/17/2009, 05:30 AM
Welcome to the family Gentlemen.

chaz255
07/26/2009, 10:46 PM
Im new to posting on these sites but have been viewing them for years, anyways, my attraction started back in 99 when i pulled up behind a new ironman VX, wasnt to shure what it was at the time but thought it looked really coooool, Ive been an avid offroader for most of my adult life.
Ive owned and built many jeeps first was a 47 willys, V6, lift, cage, winch, ect.
then i moved to a cj5, then a scout II, then a scout 800, then two cj7s, and then to two bad arsed zuki's. I was starting to look for a sports car Audi tt, drove a few but missed the truck thing, through my searching i saw a VX and it brought back memories, so I started to do tons of research and have now formed and addiction a must have addiction.

Ive looked alot and think that I have found one, its a 99 with 93k lifted 18s in good cond. needs are CVs(have found at checkers for about 130.00 ea.) and timing belt is about do, windows are perfect, 2 dings(very small) tires are new Nitto dune grapplers, after market tunes.......7500.00 hope its a good deal.

All my friends think im :disturbed for wanting to get one of these cool rides

anyway HI EVERYONE :wave:

Ldub
07/27/2009, 02:54 AM
All my friends think im :disturbed for wanting to get one of these cool rides

anyway HI EVERYONE :wave:

Mehhh...what do they know, they're just enviuos...:yes:

Welcome to all the latest members who've fallen under the VX spell...:eek:

There is no known cure...go with it Dude.:cool:

Cohiba253
08/06/2009, 07:06 AM
Greetings from Canada . I just purchased my 2000 silver VX about a week ago. A friend of mine over the last couple years had purchased three of them in the US. I have always admired them and finally was able to acquire one of them .The family loves it! We have a 2002 BMW M3 convertible and we enjoy the VX more.

tomdietrying
08/06/2009, 07:17 AM
Welcome to the family and the addiction!
Peace.
Tom

p.s.
Make sure to place an icon in the city where you live. It's a feature on the left side of the board.

Gussie2000
08/06/2009, 10:28 AM
To all new members ....

Welcome to the VX home.

Higgin
08/06/2009, 06:16 PM
Hello from Indianapolis, Indiana! I've been a lurker on here for a couple months so I thought I'd speak up and say hey. I don't own a VX, YET, but i'm on the prowl for one. I just sold my 2006 Honda VFR Interceptor sportbike (I still cry a little on the inside)so that I can hopefully get a low mileage VX in good condition. I'm not in any big hurry, just kind of chillin, saving a little money, waiting for the right one at the right price to come along. I've had my current truck (1998 Ford Ranger 4x4) for almost 9 years and 100k miles, and it will be sad to see it go when the time comes, its served me well and we have a lot of memories. But I've wanted a VX since I first saw one in 2000 and this might be my last chance to snag a nice one. Anyway, nice to meet you guys. Hope to see you around.

BTW - I've never actually sat in a vx, not really sure how it will fit, but I assume well with the recaros :) .....anyone on here live around indy that might want to do a little show and tell when you have some free time? I've seen a black VX in the noblesville area around SR. 37 three times now....Looks good!

Moncha
08/06/2009, 06:22 PM
Welcome!! I'm sure someone will set you up...

pbkid
08/06/2009, 06:22 PM
welcome to the new additions to the family!!! :thumbup:

handeeman
08/07/2009, 02:15 PM
Sorry Higgin, I don't allow anyone to sit behind the wheel of my VX unless they own one. The last time I let a bag boy at the local grocery store sit in mine I had to go get the manager to get him out. That's the way it is don't sit in one until you're ready to own one ! LOL j/k welcome to the addiction and good luck.

Ldub
08/08/2009, 12:54 AM
BTW - I've never actually sat in a vx, not really sure how it will fit, but I assume well with the recaros :) .....anyone on here live around indy that might want to do a little show and tell when you have some free time? I've seen a black VX in the noblesville area around SR. 37 three times now....Looks good!

Welcome...:thumbup:

If you go to the members list (home page, quick links drop down), & do an advanced search by using IN, in the state field, you'll come up with a list of all members in your state.
By my count, there are about 16-17 of 40+ that have been active in 08 or 09.
Maybe send out a few pm's...:naughty:

tom4bren
08/10/2009, 04:30 AM
or if you're in Virginia, stop by & I'll let you test drive mine. It might spoil you though. You'll never want one with a 'normal' stance.:)

ZubrAZ
08/12/2009, 08:15 PM
Good Day everybody.

My name is Denis. I grew up in Minsk, Belarus and moved to Phoenix, AZ almost 7 years ago. Last year I changed my lifestyle and started to ski and spend a lot of time outdoors, and planning to get pair of jet skis, so I was interested in getting 4wd vehicle instead of my 300zx Z32. Initially was looking at Isuzu AMigo, but then noticed Vehicross and loved it. Unusual look, 4wd, engine has plenty of power, comfortable inside, according to reviews very reliable. I almost purchased this VX http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?t=16166 I mean "almost" that I have sent a deposit already, and going to pick it up in about 10 days. Although, after I sent the deposit I found that the car has been in the accident not described by the owner (i ran autocheck report) ReefCreek, the seller, convincing me I will be pleased with the purchase.

Anyway, I'm glad to join the happy family :)

Gussie2000
08/12/2009, 08:29 PM
Good Day everybody.

My name is Denis. I grew up in Minsk, Belarus and moved to Phoenix, AZ almost 7 years ago. Last year I changed my lifestyle and started to ski and spend a lot of time outdoors, and planning to get pair of jet skis, so I was interested in getting 4wd vehicle instead of my 300zx Z32. Initially was looking at Isuzu AMigo, but then noticed Vehicross and loved it. Unusual look, 4wd, engine has plenty of power, comfortable inside, according to reviews very reliable. I almost purchased this VX http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?t=16166 I mean "almost" that I have sent a deposit already, and going to pick it up in about 10 days. Although, after I sent the deposit I found that the car has been in the accident not described by the owner (i ran autocheck report) ReefCreek, the seller, convincing me I will be pleased with the purchase.

Welcome to the hood !

tom4bren
08/13/2009, 09:01 AM
Grats ZubrAZ on your purchase. Hope it's all you hope for. Welcome to the family.

remo
08/13/2009, 08:34 PM
Hi my name is Jaime and i recently bought a 2001 Foxfire with 59,000 miles on it and in almost new condition. I had it shipped to me from out of state and never even drove it until I'd already signed the papers and was driving it home. It is everything i ever thought it could be! love this car/truck what ever the hell it is!! Sure it is a gas guzzler and the rearward view sucks but i don't care every time i drive it i get a big ol smile!!

tworavens
08/13/2009, 09:06 PM
You just described how all of us feel about our VX. Welcome to the club, Remo! The Adventure Begins!

Gussie2000
08/13/2009, 09:08 PM
Hi my name is Jaime and i recently bought a 2001 Foxfire with 59,000 miles on it and in almost new condition. I had it shipped to me from out of state and never even drove it until I'd already signed the papers and was driving it home. It is everything i ever thought it could be! love this car/truck what ever the hell it is!! Sure it is a gas guzzler and the rearward view sucks but i don't care every time i drive it i get a big ol smile!!

Welcome to the Vx house !

Never mind about the rear view,you'll get use to it as all of us did.

If you want you can have a van eye attatched to the rear window as how i did with mines.

It does a excelent job

crotchrocket
08/14/2009, 03:49 AM
Good Day everybody.

Hi mate!!!

My last car was a 300zx TT :D welcome aboard!!!

Steve Bourmas
08/18/2009, 06:39 PM
What's up everyone. My name is Steve. Just bought a 2000 VehiCross, black with the black/grey interior. It has 56,000 miles and is in great condition. I don't know which model or name I have and don't really know how to find out. I've wanted one of these cars when they first came out but opted for a bigger truck. Again, I finally got one today. Better late than never. I'm looking forward to learning everything I can about this car and how to get parts for it! Look forward to talking to you guys.
Steve

Gussie2000
08/18/2009, 07:00 PM
What's up everyone. My name is Steve. Just bought a 2000 VehiCross, black with the black/grey interior. It has 56,000 miles and is in great condition. I don't know which model or name I have and don't really know how to find out. I've wanted one of these cars when they first came out but opted for a bigger truck. Again, I finally got one today. Better late than never. I'm looking forward to learning everything I can about this car and how to get parts for it! Look forward to talking to you guys.
Steve

Welcome steve !
Hey guys !.........chicago has another VX'er in the state.

Steve some pics wouldn't hurt at all ;);Is kind of some protocol in here.

Ebony black is the name of your new toy :bwgy:

Did you purchase it from a former member in here ?

Any ways welcome to the madness steve
! WARNING ! this fever has no cure though so get use to it :naughty:

Trap11
08/26/2009, 07:44 PM
Well I just purchased my first VX. I always wanted one over the years and found a great deal. I own a 2001 Ebony Black with black/grey interior.

Its awesome!! 56K miles!! It is all stock and in excellent shape.

I have seen a few of the VX pictures on here and would like to change my tires to something more aggressive. Let me know what you guys think about the tires, and maybe a 3" lift?

Thanks.

Gussie2000
08/26/2009, 08:41 PM
Well I just purchased my first VX. I always wanted one over the years and found a great deal. I own a 2001 Ebony Black with black/grey interior.

Its awesome!! 56K miles!! It is all stock and in excellent shape.

I have seen a few of the VX pictures on here and would like to change my tires to something more aggressive. Let me know what you guys think about the tires, and maybe a 3" lift?

Thanks.

Welcome Trap11 !

Ebony black is my favorite color !

There's a excelent thread called :Please post all rims & tires............

In there you'll find all kind of set ups you definately want to look at :yesy:

Welcome & have fun !

VXorado
08/26/2009, 08:44 PM
Welcome, now your fun begins :D.

There's a thread by Rickshaw (type that into the search) about tires/rims for everyone's VX on the forum, it will help your decision. I chose the Nitto Terra Grapplers, they were recommended to me by many members and are a good overall aggressive tire. Doing a 3" lift is cheap and easy, use the search/how-to section and you'll find everything you need to know about lifting.

Post some pics of that Ebony beauty!

VXorado
08/26/2009, 08:45 PM
Welcome Trap11 !

Ebony black is my favorite color !

There's a excelent thread called :Please post all rims & tires............

In there you'll find all kind of set ups you definately want to look at :yesy:

Welcome & have fun !

You beat me by a few minutes :(

Gussie2000
08/26/2009, 08:50 PM
You beat me by a few minutes :(

No worries my friend !

I got speedy road runner internet service now :p

VXorado
08/26/2009, 09:59 PM
I'm guess I have to start typing faster to keep up ;)

Mrmonk7663
09/08/2009, 09:40 AM
Hello everyone. My name is Michael. I'm from Humble, TX but currently live in Eagle Pass, TX. I just bought a 2000 Vehicross, 80k on the odo. I pick it up tomorrow. I am glad to have found this site...so many questions haha. Anyone in the Texas area? Alright, time to get familiar with the "Search" option :-)

Gussie2000
09/08/2009, 10:05 AM
Hello michael !

Welcome to the VX family

Texas has a good bunch of members so meeting with then is quite easy over there.

Have fun !

leanit
09/08/2009, 02:53 PM
Just a short note to say hello and introduce myself. I own a 2001 IronMan with approxiamtely 83,000 miles. I have owned her for her for three years and stumbled across this site researching facts on some new tires. She doesn't get driven much and is basically a garage queen. I take her out on Saturday and Sunday mornings or I may drive her to a cruise in just to hear, "What the hell is that? Who makes it? Is it for sale?"
I have a ton of questions and will seek your advice on many topics so bare with me and try not to kick my arse too hard. Thanks in advance, JD :thumbup:

tom4bren
09/09/2009, 07:09 AM
JD,

Welcome to the forum. We'll try to answer whatever questions we can (sometimes in a rather round-about way). Lotsa good peeps on here so if you can't find what you're looking for in the search, ask away.

Tom

Ldub
09/09/2009, 05:28 PM
Just a short note to say hello and introduce myself. I own a 2001 IronMan with approxiamtely 83,000 miles. I have owned her for her for three years and stumbled across this site researching facts on some new tires. She doesn't get driven much and is basically a garage queen. I take her out on Saturday and Sunday mornings or I may drive her to a cruise in just to hear, "What the hell is that? Who makes it? Is it for sale?"
I have a ton of questions and will seek your advice on many topics so bare with me and try not to kick my arse too hard. Thanks in advance, JD :thumbup:

Awwwww...C'mon JD, with a name like "leanit" I'll bet you've been around the track a time or two...:naughty:

Gettin' yer arse kicked once in a while is life...:laughing:

WELCOME !

Hiredgoon
09/18/2009, 01:20 PM
Howdy!

I picked up a 2000 Foxfire a little over a week ago and have been lurking on the boards since, waiting for permission to speak! I remember seeing the VX in magazines over a decade ago and wishing for one, so when I spotted one in Kijiji I dropped everything, took the morning off from work, and bought it on the spot after a 5 minute test drive and a basic visual inspection.

I'm located in a tiny town in south western Canada, with a population around 100, and every single resident has come to me in the last week to ask what the hell that cool looking thing is that I've brought into town.

She's in need of some fairly minor cosmetic repairs, and I'm discovering that replacing those parts might be trickier than I could have imagined, but I've gotten a good idea from the boards of where to look. If anyone has a line on a Driver's side exterior mirror (the glass is good but the plastic is damaged), a driver's tail light, a passenger's exterior door handle (she was broken into a while back apparently) I'd be much appreciative to hear from you!

nfpgasmask
09/18/2009, 02:14 PM
Welcome! Foxfire's RULE!

1st, check for used parts here:

www.car-part.com

If you can't find it there, then call Merlin (yeah, that's his name) at St. Charles Isuzu in MO. Tell him you are a member here and get free shipping and the best prices on OEM ZuZu parts in the USA.

http://nofuture.com/myvx/merlin.jpg

Bart

Hiredgoon
09/18/2009, 05:31 PM
Awesome, thanks. I actually sent car-part.com an email a couple of days ago and am awaiting a response, but if that doesn't pan out I'll give Merlin a call.

I'm sort of looking at other vehicles to see if I can find compatible replacements for the damaged parts but I don't have a lot of hopes for an option that won't require a lot of jury rigging. Still, easily worth the hassle.

pbkid
09/18/2009, 05:39 PM
Awesome, thanks. I actually sent car-part.com an email a couple of days ago and am awaiting a response, but if that doesn't pan out I'll give Merlin a call.

I'm sort of looking at other vehicles to see if I can find compatible replacements for the damaged parts but I don't have a lot of hopes for an option that won't require a lot of jury rigging. Still, easily worth the hassle.

mirrors are compatible with some models of trooper, i know that (thats how some members here got 'chrome' housings for them)

Gussie2000
09/18/2009, 07:20 PM
mirrors are compatible with some models of trooper, i know that (thats how some members here got 'chrome' housings for them)

Yes,also the exterior door handle i almost sure the rodeo fits perfectly.

About the tail light that's bit harder to come by,however call & ask for merlin @ saint charles isuzu & let him know you're a vehicross.info member,we all sure he'll come up with something for your regarding the tail light.

Welcome to the fever,hey this one isn't like the swine flu though,this one doesn't have any cure or vaccine LOL :p

Hiredgoon
09/18/2009, 10:58 PM
Welcome to the fever,hey this one isn't like the swine flu though,this one doesn't have any cure or vaccine LOL :p

Not even More Cowbell?

Gussie2000
09/19/2009, 12:54 PM
Not even More Cowbell?

Nope :rotate:

don moore
09/19/2009, 09:22 PM
were is ROSEBUD????
oh welcome to the madness:work:

Hiredgoon
09/20/2009, 01:32 AM
Rosebud is 51º17'60 N by 113º1'0 W.

If you're not from southern Alberta, that's probably the best reference I can give you. We're near Drumheller, which is famous for the Royal Tyrrell Museum (a big dinosaur attraction) and not too far from Calgary (home to the Stampede and the unspeakable Calgary Flames).

Basically the town consists of a theatre and theatre school and everyone who lives here (except for the lady who runs the general store) works for one of those two entities.

Ldub
09/20/2009, 02:22 AM
Rosebud is 51º17'60 N by 113º1'0 W.

If you're not from southern Alberta, that's probably the best reference I can give you. We're near Drumheller, which is famous for the Royal Tyrrell Museum (a big dinosaur attraction) and not too far from Calgary (home to the Stampede and the unspeakable Calgary Flames).

Basically the town consists of a theatre and theatre school and everyone who lives here (except for the lady who runs the general store) works for one of those two entities.

So....where do you do most of your gooning?...:_thinking...:laughing:

Gussie2000
09/20/2009, 07:38 AM

Hahahahha LOL :p

Hiredgoon
09/20/2009, 09:12 AM

You'd be shocked how much goon a small town can support. It's pretty lucrative!

Ldub
09/20/2009, 10:02 AM
You'd be shocked how much goon a small town can support. It's pretty lucrative!

LOL...Good Answer....:thumbup:

Welcome to the forums!

VX KAT
09/20/2009, 06:00 PM
Howdy!

I picked up a 2000 Foxfire a little over a week ago and have been lurking on the boards since, waiting for permission to speak!
Hey fellow Foxfire VXer! Welcome! Since there's not all that many of us, check out this thread and add yours to it too! Will also give you many ideas for mods!

http://vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?t=15337&highlight=foxfires+check-in

Moonrover
09/30/2009, 08:51 AM
i received this car last summer and i love it. there is just something about it that people love. i have only had my 2001 ironman for a few months but already i have big plans for it. this by far is the coolest thing on the road. the only thing that sucks is finding parts. but this site is great and has plenty of great info :)

Gussie2000
09/30/2009, 09:10 AM
i received this car last summer and i love it. there is just something about it that people love. i have only had my 2001 ironman for a few months but already i have big plans for it. this by far is the coolest thing on the road. the only thing that sucks is finding parts. but this site is great and has plenty of great info :)

Welcome Moonrover !
You trully got a nice ride there,take care of it.
As you said parts comes along abit difficult,however we have great guy who's always willing to give you a hand.
His name is merlin from saint charles isuzu (1636 4414481) he works @ the parts department;Just let him know you're a VehiCROSS.info member & he'll do the best effort to get what you need + free shipping in most of the orders.
Again,welcome & have fun.

PS: Some pics will be nice

sleveritt
10/01/2009, 07:54 PM
Having previously owned a 1998 Trooper, I am fully aware of how much fun Isuzu's are both on and off-road (4 Zuzoo Events in 5 years). Started off mild (stock) and went wild - lift, tires, lockers, bumpers, winch, sliders, etc.:p My wife and I are planning something similar with our latest addition.

Found our 1999 Ironman in a hole-in-the-wall town while traveling into AR to visit family. Had seen it previously, my wife loves the style:yesb:, but wasn't sure if it was for sale or not - always in a different position, forward, backward, never had a sign. Actually, it still didn't have a sign when we stopped - just an open textbook on the dash that looked like a sign at 60mph.

Stopped, looked it over and picked it up for a cool grand! It has it problems, as you might suspect, like bad engine, no catalytic converter, no key except for the small bit broke off in the ignition column, etc.:upsetgray We start it by using a large flat-blade screw driver and banging the column from below with a rubber hammer. Beween the horrible engine KNOCK, the missing exhaust, and the noxious gases, we rarely turn the key.

Since the engine is bad, and who knows what else, and parts are expensive - I've been gathering information on swapping a 3.9L Isuzu diesel into it (4BD1T) possible with a 700R4 auto trannie to boot. Then transfer case, driveshafts, differentials, axels, rims, and tires and I'll be ready to go!

Gussie2000
10/01/2009, 09:36 PM
Having previously owned a 1998 Trooper, I am fully aware of how much fun Isuzu's are both on and off-road (4 Zuzoo Events in 5 years). Started off mild (stock) and went wild - lift, tires, lockers, bumpers, winch, sliders, etc.:p My wife and I are planning something similar with our latest addition.

Found our 1999 Ironman in a hole-in-the-wall town while traveling into AR to visit family. Had seen it previously, my wife loves the style:yesb:, but wasn't sure if it was for sale or not - always in a different position, forward, backward, never had a sign. Actually, it still didn't have a sign when we stopped - just an open textbook on the dash that looked like a sign at 60mph.

Stopped, looked it over and picked it up for a cool grand! It has it problems, as you might suspect, like bad engine, no catalytic converter, no key except for the small bit broke off in the ignition column, etc.:upsetgray We start it by using a large flat-blade screw driver and banging the column from below with a rubber hammer. Beween the horrible engine KNOCK, the missing exhaust, and the noxious gases, we rarely turn the key.

Since the engine is bad, and who knows what else, and parts are expensive - I've been gathering information on swapping a 3.9L Isuzu diesel into it (4BD1T) possible with a 700R4 auto trannie to boot. Then transfer case, driveshafts, differentials, axels, rims, and tires and I'll be ready to go!

Welcome sleveritt.

You shall look at the swap our member "iamironman".

He drop a 2002 axiom engine into the vehicross with excelent results.

Now he enjoy no oil burning issues as almost all of us suffers.

nemo
10/12/2009, 04:03 PM
Hello everyone, hope I am posting this correctly. I just bought a 99 Astral with about 105000 miles on it. I seems to be in great shape for the age and runs fine. I don't know much about the VX yet but am learning. I have some problems (like windows) I need to take care of so I just ordered a service manual to get started. I hope to gather a lot of help from VehiCross.info forum folks, it is usually a lot better than service manuals. I don't know how to post pictures yet but will as soon as I find out. I am retired and have some needs my Suzuki Sami could not meet - A/C, Automatic and 4x4 all in one package. I am selling my Sami and going to put my efforts in the VX. Looking forward to talking with a lot of you. By the way I am in Alabama are there any other VX owners in this area?

Thanks
nemo

VX KAT
10/12/2009, 04:33 PM
Welcome new members.... nemo, hiredgoon, sleveritt, moonrover, leanit....

You've just started the most fun addiction you'll probably ever have!

We have a new feature, member map, where you put yourself on the map so we can see where all our members are...here's the link...
http://vehicross.info/modules.php?name=News&file=showarticle&threadid=16022

The search function will be your best friend, (sounds like especially you sleveritt:thumbup:) but there's ALWAYS a member willing to answer any questions...turns out we're a rather talkative bunch! :laugho:
Welcome again!

Gussie2000
10/12/2009, 04:42 PM
Hello everyone, hope I am posting this correctly. I just bought a 99 Astral with about 105000 miles on it. I seems to be in great shape for the age and runs fine. I don't know much about the VX yet but am learning. I have some problems (like windows) I need to take care of so I just ordered a service manual to get started. I hope to gather a lot of help from VehiCross.info forum folks, it is usually a lot better than service manuals. I don't know how to post pictures yet but will as soon as I find out. I am retired and have some needs my Suzuki Sami could not meet - A/C, Automatic and 4x4 all in one package. I am selling my Sami and going to put my efforts in the VX. Looking forward to talking with a lot of you. By the way I am in Alabama are there any other VX owners in this area?

Thanks
nemo

Welcome aboard Mr nemo ! :yesgray:

The windows issues is one of the most common issues our toys was built with;However though,there's many tricks to get them working 100% without much of work.

The window tabs are made by plastic & very vulnerable to break apart,also the tracks may need to be realigned,the weathertrip running from the side mirrors down can be dirty & clogged with debrises & will need to be lubed or replaced.

Many of us has fixed the issue by many different techniques & ideas so use the "Search" feature by typing "windows" nd you will find your self with a lot of info about it.

Hope this help although many of our fellow members will be posting to help you out.

Again,welcome to the VX flu decease infestation,be aware,this one has no cure once you get infected,but it's no letal at all,quite sure you can live wtih that ;)

snowtrooper1966
10/12/2009, 04:49 PM
Welcome, Nemo!
You are in the right place for all the info you need. If you can cancel the order for the service manual, you can download it from the vxinfo homepage!
The window issue is a well documented production flaw, and can be fixed by purchasing custom made aftermakert metal tabs here (http://www.streetboutiquecustoms.com/).
Best,

galvinsc
10/12/2009, 10:38 PM
Hello everyone!!!!

I am working on finding a VX & I am very excited to become part of the family!

I will announce the news when I finally make a deal on one...assuming I fit in them...I am 6'8" & all legs.

I am in Medina Ohio 44256 & if anyone is remotely close & wouldn't mind, I really need to make sure I fit in one of these before I make a deal buyingone over the net...please pm me if you are close and wouldn't mind meeting up with me for a coffee or beer (on me of course) & so I could sit in your truck for 5 minutes to make sure I am comfortable in one....THANKS GUYS!

Look forward to talking to you guys & hangin out at some meets!

OH hey does anyone know where the pearl VX is??? the one they only made 1 of?

Jeremy Galvin:bgwo:

nfpgasmask
10/12/2009, 10:44 PM
I will announce the news when I finally make a deal on one...assuming I fit in them...I am 6'8" & all legs.

Holy cow. Yeah, I would say "headroom" is going to be an issue.

Bart

nemo
10/13/2009, 05:38 AM
Welcome new members.... nemo, hiredgoon, sleveritt, moonrover, leanit....

You've just started the most fun addiction you'll probably ever have!

We have a new feature, member map, where you put yourself on the map so we can see where all our members are...here's the link...
http://vehicross.info/modules.php?name=News&file=showarticle&threadid=16022

The search function will be your best friend, (sounds like especially you sleveritt:thumbup:) but there's ALWAYS a member willing to answer any questions...turns out we're a rather talkative bunch! :laugho:
Welcome again!

Thanks VX Kat, looks like I won't be able to make my spot for a little while. Only just joined up and from what the instructions say I will need to post a lot or wait a couple months. No problem I am in Alabama just north of Montgomery.

nemo

nemo
10/13/2009, 05:41 AM
Welcome, Nemo!
You are in the right place for all the info you need. If you can cancel the order for the service manual, you can download it from the vxinfo homepage!
The window issue is a well documented production flaw, and can be fixed by purchasing custom made aftermakert metal tabs here (http://www.streetboutiquecustoms.com/).
Best,

snowtrooper I have already ordered the man. it was only a few bucks. I will check out the one you are talking about and it won't hurt to have one in hand and one on the computer.

I have been reading a lot of the post here and had run across the metal tabs. I have to first get the manuals so I will know how to take everything apart - "and put it back together". then I will start getting into trouble.

Thanks
nemo

handeeman
10/13/2009, 08:53 AM
Nemo, I'm glad ya found us....
Well somebody had to say it lol.

VX KAT
10/13/2009, 09:05 AM
Thanks VX Kat, looks like I won't be able to make my spot for a little while. Only just joined up and from what the instructions say I will need to post a lot or wait a couple months. No problem I am in Alabama just north of Montgomery.

nemo

oops, sorry nemo, didn't realize the member map had those criteria.
Hey there's a member "Thmstec" in Auburn, looks pretty close to you. Also, I recall there's a newer member in AL, screen ID 'grif" in Foley.
Welcome again!

VX KAT
10/13/2009, 09:24 AM

I am in Medina Ohio 44256 & if anyone is remotely close & wouldn't mind, I really need to make sure I fit in one of these before I make a deal buyingone over the net...please pm me if you are close and wouldn't mind meeting up with me for a coffee or beer (on me of course) & so I could sit in your truck for 5 minutes to make sure I am comfortable in one....THANKS GUYS!

I checked out the member map and looks like the closest 3 VXers are
PittVXr - Pittsburgh
Jolly Roger VX'er - Cambridge Springs, PA kind of by Erie
JAMAS - by Dayton/Cincinnati
All three are pretty active here, so maybe you could check with them.

p.s....I grew up in Pittsburgh....Steelers vs. Browns....:thumbup:

geemon
10/15/2009, 12:17 PM
Well, I finally got my dream. I have been wanting one of these little bad boys from when I first saw them. They have been out of site and out of mind until just last month. As the end of my lease is up for the Benz I am driving, I knew I did not want to keep it, so I started looking for something I could buy.
Well, my fiance suggested a SUV, not what I wanted until I saw a Proton VX driving down the street near where I live.

That is what I was going to get. And I did.

I have 2001 Gray VX with Nitto-Grapplers on it and it is exactly what I thought it would be, FUN!!!

And, I have already done the headlight cleanning by following the posts on here, so I am now onboard.

Hello to all the VXers left.

Greg

tom4bren
10/15/2009, 12:29 PM
Welcome geemon.

You've got quite a few members local to you so keep your eye on the upcoming events.

JAMAS
10/15/2009, 01:44 PM
Hello everyone!!!!

I am working on finding a VX & I am very excited to become part of the family!

Look forward to talking to you guys & hangin out at some meets!

OH hey does anyone know where the pearl VX is??? the one they only made 1 of?

I am about 3.5 hours away from you (West Chester, OH), but you are more than welcome to head my direction for a beer and a ride. I am 6'3" and there is PLENTY of leg room. My seat is actually adjusted forward of how far back it can go.

PM me if you interested and we can get things set up.

OHVX'er
10/15/2009, 03:07 PM
I live close to galvinsc and he PM'ed me. I gave him a call and he stopped by Tues night for a "test fit".

I think he may be hooked. lol

VX KAT
10/15/2009, 04:24 PM
Hey OHvx'er- that's great you were close enough. Put yourself on the member map.:thumbup:

RabidPony
10/20/2009, 11:53 AM
Heyo ladies and gents. Just your typical VX newb here. Been lusting after the VX since I saw one in 99 and now I'm finally trying to get one. I'm a big time car guy and have several toys but now I'm looking to get my hands on a VX and make it my DD and possibly a dirt toy, most likely rally style. Look forward to getting to know you all and pick your brains for VX info.

Oh, and here's the toys...:bwgy:
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y108/RabidPony98/Bike/IMG_0118.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y108/RabidPony98/RabidPony/16.jpg

handeeman
10/20/2009, 12:29 PM
Welcome ,and the pony does look rabid. Your other toy is a crotchrocket, we have one of those here too. I hope someone will ck out the VX for ya. I would, but I'm too far away lol.

alkemyst
10/20/2009, 04:53 PM
I am hoping for a Foxfire and build it into a great ride. I have a 1998 240SX which is about as rare as the VX (only about 6000 of the 97 and 98's were built).

Got a dog now and looking to mountain bike, I am not driving around solo like I did in the past and when I have free-time I'd rather bring my dog with.

Been lurking a while now and finally joined.

http://driftkat.com/98SEmine.php

Gussie2000
10/20/2009, 05:49 PM
I am hoping for a Foxfire and build it into a great ride. I have a 1998 240SX which is about as rare as the VX (only about 6000 of the 97 and 98's were built).

Got a dog now and looking to mountain bike, I am not driving around solo like I did in the past and when I have free-time I'd rather bring my dog with.

Been lurking a while now and finally joined.

http://driftkat.com/98SEmine.php

Welcome all new brothers on wheels ! :yesgray:

FlyingV77
10/21/2009, 05:36 AM
Hello everyone. I Just Got my Proton VX a few weeks ago. Ive been wanting one every sence they came out, I was a salesman at an Isuzu dealership at the time. 10 years later i finaly got it. I will post pics as soon as i can.

Ldub
10/21/2009, 05:42 AM
Welcome ,and the pony does look rabid.

That thing looks like it would bite off Scott Tenorman's weiner...:yesgray: (Southpark reference, for the uninitiated)

Welcome to all the new kids!...:thumbup:

tom4bren
10/21/2009, 05:45 AM
Hello everyone. I Just Got my Proton VX a few weeks ago. Ive been wanting one every sence they came out, I was a salesman at an Isuzu dealership at the time. 10 years later i finaly got it. I will post pics as soon as i can.

Protons rock. Welcome to the family ... & the addiciton.

stvdino
10/21/2009, 03:35 PM
Hello Everyone.

I was directed here by another VX'er and he thought it would be good to make myself known.

I worked for Isuzu for 14 years as a designer, Senior Designer and then finally the Chief Designer. During that great time I helped to establish the design studio (when I joined the company) in 1994 in Plymouth, MI where myself, a Japanese Director of design and another color and trim designer worked for five years. In 1999 we moved the studio back to it's pre-Michigan location in Cerritos, CA. There we worked with product planning on the concept and the design for a number of concept and production cars. We also worked closely with Isuzu Japan on a number of design activities as well. Often I would travel to Japan to present or work on sketches (and direct clay model designs) for next generation Rodeo, Trooper, Axiom as well as many heavy duty truck projects and show cars.

If your interested here is a list of cars and trucks I worked on-

GBX-original concept and complete design.

Vx02-Assisted in the design process. Original concept by a Japanese chief designer.

Axiom-my sketches helped the original boxy concept to be more dynamic. First of the flowing design crossover SUV's.

Rodeo and Amigo-many facelift designs (bumper/grille/wheel) as well as accessories like spare tire covers and running boards.

Vehicross-designed the Ironman graphic package, logos, color scheme, accessory parts, wheels.

DMAX Pickup truck-did the interior design for the current DMAX truck produced in Thailand (not available in US).

1999 Pickup-grille and bumper facelift.

Isuzu FL1 and FL3 concept semi trucks-original concept and design-shown at the Tokyo Motor Show.

and many other next generation Rodeos and Trooper concepts that never saw the light of day or made it to production.....too bad they were really cool.

In January of 2009 Isuzu closed the design studio (after again moving it to Garden Grove, CA only one year earlier) in light of the difficult financial times. The Director went back to Japan and myself and another designer were laid off. It was a great time and Isuzu is an excellent company to work for. There were many great concept cars that the company unfortunately didn't produce because of the always tight budget. At least the Vehicross made it to production-you can thank Shiro Nakamura (now head of Nissan design) for pushing the car through even though the bean counters fought it.

So that's it and hello to all.

Steve Jennes
Fullerton, CA

VX KAT
10/21/2009, 03:46 PM
Wow, welcome Steve! It will be really great to have someone with as much knowledge/history about Isuzu and the VX. You may end up with the official title of Isuzu/VX historian of the group! If you haven't already heard, we're a pretty fun group who's just a wee bit nuts over our VXs!

I lived in Long Beach for 15 yrs so I know those areas well where Isuzu was located.

Welcome again!

Gussie2000
10/21/2009, 04:55 PM
Hello steve !

Welcome to our ( and now yours) little stronghold :bwgy:

Absolutely an honor & pleasure to have you here as a member of the site.

Hope you hang with us often as you can,in here many fellow members will ask you so much questions about isuzu & all stuff related about it (including my self )

Again,welcome steve.

Greetings from NYC.

Gustavo ! :bwgy:

Baldwin
10/21/2009, 08:46 PM
Has been a pleasure speaking with you over the last few months. Glad you finally made it on the board. See you next week.

don moore
10/22/2009, 12:14 AM
welcome Sir ...
we are happy to have you aboard..:work:

rowhard
10/22/2009, 07:43 AM
Welcome Steve, now you need to buy a VX, come to Moab so you can understand the addiction and see what you helped design can do.

Since your the first person here that has had any contact with Japan, maybe your contacts there could contact those producing some of the neat stuff the VX lovers on the other side of the pacific have created and make it available here. Just a thought. Again, welcome.

stvdino
10/22/2009, 11:42 PM
Thanks for the welcome guys. Actually the closest thing I have to a VX now is a 4WD Isuzu Ascender and a 4WD Lancia Delta Integrale. I drove lots of VX's and they are a great handling SUV on and off the road. I remember driving a pre-production right hand drive Proton Yellow VX when they first came out. You would think I was Elvis in a UFO by all the attention the car got.

One interesting place I did stumble upon was the plant where the VX was made in Japan. It was right next to the large truck design studio (for the NPR, GIGA, etc.) It used to be an old Isuzu engine plant and was reconfigured to produce the VX. At the time I saw it the VX was long out of production and none of the fixtures were there. Oddly enough, stacked 10 high or so were new gas tanks, headliners, electrical looms and a large crate of windshields for the VX-remnants from the production line.

Whatever I can remember about the VX I would be happy to share with you all.

lasturbo
10/23/2009, 12:11 AM
Welcome Steve and thanks for sharing some history! I think Rickshaw had a great idea for a local Southern Cali meet and share some stories with you. The Cars and Coffee in Irvine is huge I hear as we used to have something similar here in Carlsbad, CA. We are privileged to have you aboard!! Thanks!!

nfpgasmask
10/23/2009, 08:25 AM
Yes, welcome Steve!

An LA meetup would be nice! I will be down there next month around Thanksgiving.

Bart

Gussie2000
10/23/2009, 09:18 AM
Thanks for the welcome guys. Actually the closest thing I have to a VX now is a 4WD Isuzu Ascender and a 4WD Lancia Delta Integrale. I drove lots of VX's and they are a great handling SUV on and off the road. I remember driving a pre-production right hand drive Proton Yellow VX when they first came out. You would think I was Elvis in a UFO by all the attention the car got.

One interesting place I did stumble upon was the plant where the VX was made in Japan. It was right next to the large truck design studio (for the NPR, GIGA, etc.) It used to be an old Isuzu engine plant and was reconfigured to produce the VX. At the time I saw it the VX was long out of production and none of the fixtures were there. Oddly enough, stacked 10 high or so were new gas tanks, headliners, electrical looms and a large crate of windshields for the VX-remnants from the production line.

Whatever I can remember about the VX I would be happy to share with you all.

Steve,from your perspective or based on any current info from isuzu in japan

Does isuzu have intentions to be back in the US market in the medium or far future ?

With so many concepts cars left behind to be put into mass production i wonder if isuzu could be back with some of them to stun the automobile market & resurrec good old times

Hope you bear some good news !

Anita
10/23/2009, 07:21 PM
Steve,

As a moderator of the site, we wish you a warm welcome! It has been asked and I would repeat, that it would be great to have a So Cal meet so we all can meet you.

We have had several meets at Isuzu Cerritos before but there was one that was amazing. Back in 2001, Chief Saito and Kenny (old brain -cant remember his last name at the moment) brought out the proto, 4 door and even allowed all of us a parking lot drive in the convertable. Such a wonderful time checking out all the "toys" in the basement. Were you around there at the time?

If you have the time on some weekend it would be great to build a meet at a location convenient for you. Would love to meet you in person.

rowhard
10/23/2009, 08:42 PM
wonder how many would be willing to pass the hat to bring this man to Moab, as we did with Merlin so he can see why we love the VX so:o

Golfindoc
10/27/2009, 10:42 AM
I've been driving around the Seattle area for years in a 1978 Porsche 911SC. Great car with over 300,000 miles but bad winter days become problematic forcing me to bus it to work. Not a problem when I lived in Seattle but I moved to the Bremerton area in July and felt I needed something else t ge to work on bad wintry days. I wanted a small 2-door SUV but was unimpressed with the Chevy Blazer and Ford Explorer Sport. Then I remembered the Vehicross! I always liked them when they first came out and actually found a 2000 Foxfire Red Mica one on Craigslist with 70K miles for sale very close to my office and bought it and have not been disappointed. Anybody know a good place for service in either the Bremerton/Port Orchard or Bellevue/Seattle area? Thanks!

tom4bren
10/27/2009, 11:09 AM
Welcome to the addiction. There was a meet in your area earlier this year. If I can find the thread, I'll let you know. Some of the attendees should be able to direct you to some service locations.

Look here (you should be able to PM some of the folks that attended):

http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?t=15448&highlight=pacific

Kona-Vs
12/01/2009, 08:36 PM
Aloha, just joined Have always bin a Landcruiser person I told my son that if he got good grades in school I'd buy him a car in his senior year. So for two months he looked but didn't find anythink he liked One day at a party asomeone pulled up in VX (yellow 29,000mi) and he said thats it. So I found a Ironman in CA with 63,000mi in good con then the other day a guy from Maui called ( I had a wanted VX ad on creigs list) he would sell his 99 ebony with only 20,000mi showroom con. so now we have two and the Landgruiser has a for sale sign on I'm hooked

Kona-Vs
12/01/2009, 08:38 PM
Aloha, just joined Have always bin a Landcruiser person I told my son that if he got good grades in school I'd buy him a car in his senior year. So for two months he looked but didn't find anything he liked One day at a party someone pulled up in VX (yellow 29,000mi) and he said thats it. So I found a Ironman in CA with 63,000mi in good con then the other day a guy from Maui called ( I had a wanted VX ad on creigs list) he would sell his 99 ebony with only 20,000mi showroom con. so now we have two and the Landgruiser has a for sale sign on I'm hooked

VCrossfan
12/01/2009, 08:47 PM
Aloha, just joined Have always bin a Landcruiser person I told my son that if he got good grades in school I'd buy him a car in his senior year. So for two months he looked but didn't find anything he liked One day at a party someone pulled up in VX (yellow 29,000mi) and he said thats it. So I found a Ironman in CA with 63,000mi in good con then the other day a guy from Maui called ( I had a wanted VX ad on creigs list) he would sell his 99 ebony with only 20,000mi showroom con. so now we have two and the Landgruiser has a for sale sign on I'm hooked

Welcome to the Addiction 2x. You and your son's adventure has just begun and you made the right turn by stopping by the greatest info filled VX site on the planet. Welcome to the family ! !

VX KAT
12/01/2009, 08:55 PM
One day at a party someone pulled up in VX (yellow 29,000mi) ...... the other day a guy from Maui called ( I had a wanted VX ad on creigs list) he would sell his 99 ebony with only 20,000mi showroom con.
Hey Welcome to the gang 'o crazies! :wave: It's a fun ride! :thumbup:
So now we know where all the super low mileage VXs are.....

Ldub
12/02/2009, 04:43 AM

Welcome to the forums!...:thumbup:

As a former resident of the Kona/Keauhou Mauka area, I'll tell you right now, I'm envious. I moved back to the mainland in 93 & the first Fargo ND winter almost killed me...:(

You'll find a wealth great information around here, also there are any number of OTHER members who have a warped sense of humor...watch out for them...:yesgray:

tom4bren
12/02/2009, 06:37 AM
...there are any number of OTHER members who have a warped sense of humor...watch out for them...:yesgray:

Ninnyhammers

One may even drop a lightning bolt down your shorts:)

BTW (since we're not allowed to thread-jack) Welcome to the family. Wow, 2 VX's @ one house ... I'm droolin

Ldub
12/02/2009, 06:42 AM
Ninnyhammers

One may even drop a lightning bolt down your shorts:)

BTW (since we're not allowed to thread-jack) Welcome to the family. Wow, 2 VX's @ one house ... I'm droolin

:laughing:...:laughing:...:laughing:...:laughing:. ..:laughing:...:laughing:...:laughing:... :laughing:...:laughing:...:laughing:...:laughing:

I was wondering who'd be the first "other" to take the bait...:rotate:

tom4bren
12/02/2009, 06:54 AM
Of course it's me. Handee's old - he's not awake yet.

handeeman
12/02/2009, 11:10 AM
... I'm droolin

One of the 1st signs of ole age.
I haven't gotten there yet.
And so as not to TJ...Aloha from Florida.

jmassa
12/07/2009, 08:59 AM
I just bought my '99 VX Ebony, used from the original owner, it has just under 98,000 miles and it runs great. Based on this forum, I have already ordered a seat extender, and refinished the cladding (the Refinisher works very well), and replaced the blow front speakers. If there are any known problems, or things that I either need to know or look for on the VX, please let me know.

Jeff

Ldub
12/07/2009, 09:04 AM
I just bought my '99 VX Ebony, used from the original owner, it has just under 98,000 miles and it runs great. Based on this forum, I have already ordered a seat extender, and refinished the cladding (the Refinisher works very well), and replaced the blow front speakers. If there are any known problems, or things that I either need to know or look for on the VX, please let me know.

Jeff

Welcome to the Fam...:yes:

Much of what you seek will be found here...

http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?threadid=16987

nfpgasmask
12/07/2009, 09:13 AM

Jeff

Welcome Jeff. Check your oil level EVERY SINGLE TIME you get gas. Just do it. Some VXes burn excessive amounts of oil, like mine.

:thumbup: Bart

tom4bren
12/07/2009, 10:56 AM
Welcome Jeff

You're right around the corner from me. Don't hesitate to call if you need help turning a wrench.

I had a 'window fixin party' at my place last summer. I'll prolly do something similar next year. I haven't figured out what to attack next but I'm leaning towards a 'headlight polishing party' in the early spring.

Tom

maxg765
12/13/2009, 06:11 PM
Hi

NEWBIE here. I am considering a VX as a daily driver. I have always liked odd and/or different vehicles.

I will post more details in either the General talk section or for sale section seeking advice.

Thanks

Max

tom4bren
12/14/2009, 06:37 AM
Welcome & condolences. When you make your transition to FL, you'll be neighbors with Handeeman ... poor soul.

handeeman
12/14/2009, 07:54 AM
Welcome & condolences. When you make your transition to FL, you'll be neighbors with Handeeman ... poor soul.

It's prolly unfair to give a newbee a heads-up. just think of all the interesting post he woulda made if he'd got to Florida and then discovered me.
By the way Maxg765, welcome to the "madness".

tom4bren
12/14/2009, 08:11 AM
It's prolly unfair to give a newbee a heads-up. just think of all the interesting post he woulda made if he'd got to Florida and then discovered me.
By the way Maxg765, welcome to the "madness".

Aww Nutz, I stand chagrinned (is that a word???). PB, can I borrow the dunce cap for a moment?

Mile High VX
12/16/2009, 06:38 AM
Well I've finally become a VX owner after lookinig for months and participating in the Forum. Guess you can't say I didn't know what I was getting into, but just couldn't help myself. I guess the addiction is in full swing. Anyway, I'm looking forward to the journey... Thanks for taking such good care of the Dragon jemorga, its just what I've been looking for.

My wife and I live in CO and love it. We've been married for 29 years and have three sons with the youngest being in college. No grandkids yet, but our oldest son got married in June so we'll see. We like to be outdoors and have a love for dogs.

:bwgy::smilewink:bgwo::bgwb:

MSHardeman
12/16/2009, 07:39 AM
MileHigh, I know you've been around for a while but congrats on finally getting your VX.:dance:

There are a few of us in Colorado (I'm over in the Aspen area), but there are a couple of guys and gals in the Denver area. Hopefully we'll do a little winter get together so we can put names to faces. If not, see if you can swing the trip out to Moab in May. Even if you don't do any wheeling it's a TON of fun to just be there with that many VX's.

Demon
12/17/2009, 05:59 AM
Hello everyone. I just became a VX owner yesterday, buying a 2001 VX with 100k for $6700. I bought it after my previous car was stolen, a 1998 Integra Type R. I was excited about the VX the moment I saw one was for sale and so far I love it! Just need to add a roofrack and stereo and it will be perfect for me. I love snowboarding, which is why I searched for an AWD or 4WD vehicle. I love the funkyness of the VX most of all, it doesnt look like anything that anyone else is driving.

Gussie2000
12/17/2009, 07:24 AM
Hello everyone. I just became a VX owner yesterday, buying a 2001 VX with 100k for $6700. I bought it after my previous car was stolen, a 1998 Integra Type R. I was excited about the VX the moment I saw one was for sale and so far I love it! Just need to add a roofrack and stereo and it will be perfect for me. I love snowboarding, which is why I searched for an AWD or 4WD vehicle. I love the funkyness of the VX most of all, it doesnt look like anything that anyone else is driving.

Welcome demon to the VX world

Ldub
12/17/2009, 07:27 AM
MileHigh, I know you've been around for a while but congrats on finally getting your VX.:dance:

Tymes Two Dude...:thumbup:

Mile High VX
12/17/2009, 08:54 AM

Welcome to the madness...

Did you pick up the Dragon Green Mica that McGavok had listed?

Demon
12/17/2009, 03:36 PM
Welcome to the madness...

Did you pick up the Dragon Green Mica that McGavok had listed?

Yep, that exact one. I was looking at a Jeep Liberty they had, but it had 174k miles on it and that was just too much.

SilvrSRT10
12/25/2009, 08:00 AM
Hello VXers. I recently re-discovered the VX and it has peaked my curiosity. I really like the lines of the vehicle and want to try one on to see how I fit. I'm 6'9" at about 300lbs. According to the specs it looks like I'll fit but you never know till you sit in it. If anyone in the Durham/Chapel Hill area of NC would like to show off their VX, I'd like to see it. I like unique vehicles and the VX certainly fits the bill. You don't see many on the road. I'll be lurking here and learning all the nuances of the VX.

Big Dave

snowtrooper1966
12/25/2009, 02:35 PM
I love snowboarding, which is why I searched for an AWD or 4WD vehicle.

Congrats!
Snowboarding VX'rs RULE!
Especially Dragon owners;-)
Best,

Gussie2000
12/25/2009, 03:27 PM
Hello VXers. I recently re-discovered the VX and it has peaked my curiosity. I really like the lines of the vehicle and want to try one on to see how I fit. I'm 6'9" at about 300lbs. According to the specs it looks like I'll fit but you never know till you sit in it. If anyone in the Durham/Chapel Hill area of NC would like to show off their VX, I'd like to see it. I like unique vehicles and the VX certainly fits the bill. You don't see many on the road. I'll be lurking here and learning all the nuances of the VX.

Big Dave

Hi dave !
Go to the member's list & search the NC state members to see if any is near by.

You should find more that two over there.

Dave !

There's Captain V from greensboro,ckevg1 from asheville & DC700 from havelock all in NC.

You can send them a e-mail & personal message to figured out something .

Good luck !

As you say,VX as all cars has its here & there stuff,but overall it's certainly a great little bad>>> toy to play with.

And welcome aboard ! :thumbup:

SilvrSRT10
12/25/2009, 07:27 PM
Hi dave !

There's Captain V from greensboro,ckevg1 from asheville & DC700 from havelock all in NC.

As you say,VX as all cars has its here & there stuff,but overall it's certainly a great little bad>>> toy to play with.

And welcome aboard ! :thumbup:
Thanks. Greensboro isn't that far away. I'm keeping my eye's open for a VX to come up for sale not too far from me. (Ha!) Or catch one while I'm traveling. I'm leaning toward a silver one to match the other vehicles in my stable but that Proton Yellow sure is catching my eye.

Gussie2000
12/26/2009, 05:49 AM
Thanks. Greensboro isn't that far away. I'm keeping my eye's open for a VX to come up for sale not too far from me. (Ha!) Or catch one while I'm traveling. I'm leaning toward a silver one to match the other vehicles in my stable but that Proton Yellow sure is catching my eye.

Sure you do.

We all like to "hook up" new members to the madness :p

If any Vx comes up for sale & you can't test drive it and/or inspected right away any fellow member will happily do it & foward the findings to you and tell if the Vx fits the bill. :yesgray:

I certainly love the SRT10 you got there,also the cherokee SRT8 is one of my favorites.

SilvrSRT10
12/26/2009, 03:00 PM
I certainly love the SRT10 you got there,also the cherokee SRT8 is one of my favorites.
The "10" is one of those unique vehicles I was talking about liking so I had to have one. The Jeep is a Commander with the Hemi. I would have liked to have the SRT8 Grand Cherokee but I couldn't fit because my shoulder was against the "B" pillar so I had to go with something a little boxier. Actually my wife stole the Jeep from me so I'm looking for a little run around vehicle to keep the miles down on the "10" and something to tinker with that is also unique.

The VX looks it would fit the bill if I can fit into it. I'm not opposed to modifying the seat tracks to accomplish this.

Gussie2000
12/26/2009, 06:44 PM
The "10" is one of those unique vehicles I was talking about liking so I had to have one. The Jeep is a Commander with the Hemi. I would have liked to have the SRT8 Grand Cherokee but I couldn't fit because my shoulder was against the "B" pillar so I had to go with something a little boxier. Actually my wife stole the Jeep from me so I'm looking for a little run around vehicle to keep the miles down on the "10" and something to tinker with that is also unique.

The VX looks it would fit the bill if I can fit into it. I'm not opposed to modifying the seat tracks to accomplish this.

I feel ya !
The other day i went to an near by mall & saw one of those "10" in the red color with white stripes & lifted,very nice for sure.

In regards of the commander don't know,but to me is one of less atractive suv's out there along with the compass,the liberty/nitro and the horrible patriot.
Hope chrysler improve those designs.........

SilvrSRT10
12/26/2009, 06:53 PM
I feel ya !
The other day i went to an near by mall & saw one of those "10" in the red color with white stripes & lifted,very nice for sure.

In regards of the commander don't know,but to me is one of less atractive suv's out there along with the compass,the liberty/nitro and the horrible patriot.
Hope chrysler improve those designs.........
A lifted "10"????? That would be sacrilege. They were only available RWD and the only way to go is lowered by a couple inches. They sat a little high in the rear so a nice leveling kit is all it really needs. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dodge_Ram_SRT-10

I agree, the Commander is not their best looking SUV. But when that's all you can fit in you can't be picky. I think it has a bit of a Hummer-ish look to it.

I wish Dodge would have made a full size SUV based on the Ram body. But the age of the SUV has passed (IMO). Now we have Congressional Motors and the Pelosi GTX with a whopping 92hp about to hit the market.

Gussie2000
12/26/2009, 07:23 PM
A lifted "10"????? That would be sacrilege. They were only available RWD and the only way to go is lowered by a couple inches. They sat a little high in the rear so a nice leveling kit is all it really needs. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dodge_Ram_SRT-10

I agree, the Commander is not their best looking SUV. But when that's all you can fit in you can't be picky. I think it has a bit of a Hummer-ish look to it.

I wish Dodge would have made a full size SUV based on the Ram body. But the age of the SUV has passed (IMO). Now we have Congressional Motors and the Pelosi GTX with a whopping 92hp about to hit the market.

I could be wrong on the lifted mod the "10" i mention look like,but to me that one seemed to be,no idea.:confused:

But wait.......only RWD ?

That is what i called a sacrilege no 4x4 or AWD option at all ? :confused:

SilvrSRT10
12/26/2009, 07:28 PM
I could be wrong on the lifted mod the "10" i mention look like,but to me that one seemed to be,no idea.:confused:

But wait.......only RWD ?

That is what i called a sacrilege no 4x4 or AWD option at all ? :confused:Nope, not in the SRT-10. It was built kinda like the VX was. As a specialty vehicle marketed to a select group in limited production. It's a Viper engined V-10 500hp high performance street truck. You'll need to get the Hemi or 4.7 to get 4x4 and go off road.

deermagnet
12/27/2009, 02:28 PM
He don't need no 4X4 when he has 4X5. 500 horsepower, 525 ft. lbs. of torque, 505 cubic inches, and a 500 watt sound system. I always wanted that monster. I had four Dodge trucks starting in '80 before my VX. I traded a gorgeous flame red '97 4X4 Ram to get my VX. I really miss riding up that high. There is no other vehicle on the planet that can give me that king-of-the-road feeling like a Dodge Ram. Word. :yesy:

Mark

SilvrSRT10
12/27/2009, 02:43 PM
He don't need no 4X4 when he has 4X5. 500 horsepower, 525 ft. lbs. of torque, 505 cubic inches, and a 500 watt sound system. I always wanted that monster. I had four Dodge trucks starting in '80 before my VX. I traded a gorgeous flame red '97 4X4 Ram to get my VX. I really miss riding up that high. There is no other vehicle on the planet that can give me that king-of-the-road feeling like a Dodge Ram. Word. :yesy:

MarkI've had good luck with my Dodges. '94 4x4 (318), '97 SST (360). The SST was a reg. - cab short bed with stickers. Nothing really potent about it unlike the SRT-10 (potent to the max). I really hope I can fit into the VX so I can give one a try for awhile. Really like the looks and concept behind it.

deermagnet
12/27/2009, 02:46 PM
That's cool. Mine was a '97 SLT 4X4 reg cab short bed, 5.2/318. An incredible vehicle!

A Dodge Ram rules!!!!

Tone Monday (R.I.P.) also had a Dodge Ram before his VX.

Mark

ibmx2
01/01/2010, 09:45 AM
hi my nane is joe (42 years Old)
i am from chicago
and i cant seem to get the VX out of my mind lately (obsessed)
a friend had a 2000 proton yellow new & i loved it
and now i would like to buy one
honestly would this make a good & reliable every day car ?
or do you need to use these as a 2ed vehicle just for play
is there any one in the chicago area (or any Where )that has one for a daily driver ?

Gussie2000
01/01/2010, 10:24 AM
hi my nane is joe (42 years Old)
i am from chicago
and i cant seem to get the VX out of my mind lately (obsessed)
a friend had a 2000 proton yellow new & i loved it
and now i would like to buy one
honestly would this make a good & reliable every day car ?
or do you need to use these as a 2ed vehicle just for play
is there any one in the chicago area (or any Where )that has one for a daily driver ?

Welcome aboard buddy !

Concerning your question all I can say is that I drvie mines every single day.

As well as almost every one in here.

Reliability you said ?

Man.............is isuzu we talking about....

VX KAT
01/01/2010, 10:45 AM
There's a few members in Chicagoland. You can look thru the members list by going to "quicklinks", and then "memberlist"
I know NocturnalVX and IAMIRONwoMAN are current VX owners in Chicago.

Hope ya find a sweet one to buy! There's usually one or two on ebay, and check the for sale section here too.

Good luck!

Kona-Vs
01/01/2010, 12:19 PM
Joe, I found that posting a VehiCross wanted ad on criegslist worked really well, had several people call over a months time who would consider selling ended up finding a unused 99 in a garage with low miles, also got one off e-bay that was more difficult

Triathlete
01/01/2010, 01:18 PM
Joe, I think you will find most on this board use their VX as a DD. I have 130,000 miles on mine. It is my DD and gets used hard off road. I have had no major issues with it. Do a search on this site for known problems and that sould tell you what to look out for to help in your search for that right VX.
Welcome to our obsession and good luck in your search.

ibmx2
01/02/2010, 10:45 AM
thanks for the welcome!
glad to hear most are daily drivers
the hunt is on
i seen one by my house every now and then
with 640000 miles for $7000.00
i shows up then disapears for a month or two (it been around since sept)
its black and looked pretty clean i think it was a 2001

VX KAT
01/02/2010, 12:04 PM
i seen one by my house every now and then
with 640000 miles for $7000.00

surely you mean 64,000 miles.....:eek:

ibmx2
01/02/2010, 12:47 PM
surely you mean 64,000 miles.....:eek:

oooops
yes 64,000

Hal Deans
01/03/2010, 12:57 PM
Hi. Thanks for maintaining such a helpful website. I'm a new owner of an ebony 2000 model with low miles. My daughter will be driving it up in the mountains at Boone during the winter while at graduate school. She didn't like it at first, but now I can't keep her out of it. So much for maintaining the low miles. I just finished installing a rear view camera which helps greatly. Looking foreward to camping and surf fishing with it in the near future. Again thanks for the informative website. Hal Deans

handeeman
01/03/2010, 01:34 PM
Great to have ya Hal, I hope you get to drive the VX too...lol....A lot of people down here talk about going to Boone....they love it.

boondocksaint
01/03/2010, 02:32 PM
So far I've changed the oil, checked the trans fluid (seems recent and full), all-season floor mats, and a few light bulbs that were out. Next up is keyless entry and a remote starter.

I need to get under the car but snow sucks.

Sprey
01/03/2010, 03:36 PM
Name's Chris. I live in Detroit, but I bought the VX while I was visiting family down south. Had a sudden need for a car, seeing as I parked my 99 M3 in a tree on Christmas Eve. :\ Always wondered about the VehiCross, and since I live up north in Detroit, I figure if I don't like it, I can turn around and sell it up here.

So far I've changed the oil, checked the trans fluid (seems recent and full), installed a head unit, all-season floor mats, and a few light bulbs that were out. Next up is keyless entry and a remote starter.

I need to get under the car as I have a CV boot that is split and I need to find what sounds like an exhaust leak.

Welcome,

For the exhaust leak, have a good check around the flexipipe possible chance that it has rusted out on a part of it and caused a leak.

tom4bren
01/04/2010, 07:46 AM
& check with Independent 4x4 for the MechaTech CV boots.

You can find the install instructions in the DownLoad section on the home page for the forum.

JNUVX
01/05/2010, 01:45 PM
Hey All,
My name is Q. Originally I had noticed the VX on the internet during my highschool years. About a year ago(now 22yrs old) I had need of a vehicle with 4wheel/AWD and did some further research on the VX but mom wanted a new suby so I got passed her old one (99 brighton). Three days before it's regularly timed oil change the engine locked up (due to lack of oil and some negligence on my part. I have heard that as subys age they start to burn oil). I already knew my options and was looking around locally (shipping to Juneau, Alaska can cost as much as 2K because they can only be barged in from seattle). As luck would have it, a VX had been driven to seattle from utah and then barged up, and was now for sale, not more than 3 miles from my house 76K and checked out on the used veh inspection. I purchased it w/2 sets of aftermarket wheels and tires (will post them on the wheel tire thread later). I LOVE THE VX!!! I have a laundry list of things I would like to do w/the vehicle...just wish I had a empty garage in which to do them..It was 12 degrees this morning when I left for work..

P.S. Thanks to all who contribute to this forum, it is a wealth of information.
Last 4 of my VIN: 0634

Gussie2000
01/05/2010, 04:47 PM
Hey All,
My name is Q. Originally I had noticed the VX on the internet during my highschool years. About a year ago(now 22yrs old) I had need of a vehicle with 4wheel/AWD and did some further research on the VX but mom wanted a new suby so I got passed her old one (99 brighton). Three days before it's regularly timed oil change the engine locked up (due to lack of oil and some negligence on my part. I have heard that as subys age they start to burn oil). I already knew my options and was looking around locally (shipping to Juneau, Alaska can cost as much as 2K because they can only be barged in from seattle). As luck would have it, a VX had been driven to seattle from utah and then barged up, and was now for sale, not more than 3 miles from my house 76K and checked out on the used veh inspection. I purchased it w/2 sets of aftermarket wheels and tires (will post them on the wheel tire thread later). I LOVE THE VX!!! I have a laundry list of things I would like to do w/the vehicle...just wish I had a empty garage in which to do them..It was 12 degrees this morning when I left for work..

Great !

Welcome aboad Q. :yesgray:

miceli
01/05/2010, 09:33 PM
Hi! I'm Jesse, I am currently residing in Flagstaff, az, but found a vehicross for sale down in Phoenix and jumped on the chance to get it. I have only had it for a little while but i love it! It is just so unlike any car around. The forums here have already helped me a bunch with my Vehicross, so thanks for that guys and gals!

Ldub
01/05/2010, 10:58 PM
FWIW, the engine in the VX has a tendancy to use oil too...:yesgray:

Check your oil every time you fill with petrol & you should enjoy many miles together.

Welcome to VX world...:thumbup:

Hey All,

ground hwg
01/07/2010, 04:12 PM
currently living in WA, home is acctualy in Ohio country of origin England.
Just bought the Vehicross this week and am still waiting delivery(some time next week). reason for buying are as follows. always loved the design. it was so far advanced of anything else in deisign when first introduced. my other vehicle sucks as a daily driver.
fist saw and drove a Vehicross in 1995 while working at Isuzu as a guest design engineer working on fuel systems in Japan. loved it then and always wanted one.
looking at some of the postes that others have placed this looks like a great place to learn everything about these vehicles.

Gussie2000
01/07/2010, 04:19 PM
currently living in WA, home is acctualy in Ohio country of origin England.
Just bought the Vehicross this week and am still waiting delivery(some time next week). reason for buying are as follows. always loved the design. it was so far advanced of anything else in deisign when first introduced. my other vehicle sucks as a daily driver.
fist saw and drove a Vehicross in 1995 while working at Isuzu as a guest design engineer working on fuel systems in Japan. loved it then and always wanted one.
looking at some of the postes that others have placed this looks like a great place to learn everything about these vehicles.

Welcome aboard to you and all latest new members.

The VX family keeps growing.......

Daly
01/08/2010, 12:08 PM
Hello,
Literally just got my VX off the delivery truck 30 minutes ago. I am in NY.
I am a member of other forums and I know you can't own a vehicle like this without good forum people. I am really really happy I found this site.
Just got a 2001 Black VX. Lst owner had it only short period of time, before that it came from Georgia and was with a supposed VX person. Anyone know my vehicle?
Got lots of questions but I want to look through site before I ask ones that have already been answered.

handeeman
01/08/2010, 12:35 PM
Welcome fellow VX'r. Don't know the vehicle but one of our members might. Be sure and use the search function and a lot of your questions will be answered....if ya can't find it, feel free to jump-in. I think you'll find our group to be most friendly and accommodating. Some are a little dingy but you'll find that out on your own.lol

cdsdallas
01/13/2010, 05:17 AM
My dad remembered when the Vehicross first was introduced and he thought they were really cool. He saw the one for sale at the Chrysler dealer in Bonham Texas, a pile of dung, and called about it as he drove by. We got on line and found the one with the funky orange LineX coated panels and went to see it - what a cool vehicle! I have been saving up for about three years for my first car and we purchased the Vehicross last night from Woody, one of the nicest guys in the world. He took awesome care of it - the entire care looks almost new. I don't mind the orange color, but am still probably going to get it re LineXed in black.

Christian

Ldub
01/13/2010, 05:31 AM
My dad remembered when the Vehicross first was introduced and he thought they were really cool. He saw the one for sale at the Chrysler dealer in Bonham Texas, a pile of dung, and called about it as he drove by. We got on line and found the one with the funky orange LineX coated panels and went to see it - what a cool vehicle! I have been saving up for about three years for my first car and we purchased the Vehicross last night from Woody, one of the nicest guys in the world. He took awesome care of it - the entire care looks almost new. I don't mind the orange color, but am still probably going to get it re LineXed in black.

Christian

Well played young man!...:dance:

You've made an excellent choice of vehicles...:yesgray:

Welcome to the forums.

tom4bren
01/13/2010, 05:33 AM
Welcome Christian.

There are quite a few owners in your area so keep your eye on the calendar for any upcoming events. On the right side of the home page there is a link to a map where you can locate nearby members.

Tom

Mile High VX
01/13/2010, 05:37 AM
Welcome Christian,

You've made a great choice for a vehicle and this is THE place to get acquainted with it's uniqueness.

VX KAT
01/13/2010, 07:35 AM
Hey - a big welcome to ya Christian! I lived in Plano for 12 yrs before moving to AZ 2 yrs ago. We lived on Longfellow Dr by Park/Ohio and often saw your VX driving around. Glad you were able to get one! Enjoy! :thumbup:
Oh, BTW, that grin on yer face doesn't wear off....:bgwo:

Gussie2000
01/13/2010, 06:24 PM
Ha !

And the VX family keeps growing,growing......:)

johnnyapollo
01/14/2010, 06:44 AM
Hey Daly,

Welcome (just saw your post) - the only 01 ebony I know about in the Atlanta area belonged to Donny Cruce (handle: dyanni) who hasn't been on the VX fora for a while. His was interesting - had a Hollandia/Webasto sunroof and a black headliner so if you're has those mods you probably have it.

-- John

jaradite
01/15/2010, 08:43 PM
Back in '98, I spotted a VX at a dealer showroom while window shopping with my dad. It wasn't until 2005 I would get a '99 Siller VX which I drove until it last year when I traded up to a 2001 Yellow VX. I am still amused when I see the one other yelow VX driving around the streets of Austin,TX. Just doing the 90,000 mile service this week on the VX.

Gussie2000
01/16/2010, 06:58 AM
Back in '98, I spotted a VX at a dealer showroom while window shopping with my dad. It wasn't until 2005 I would get a '99 Siller VX which I drove until it last year when I traded up to a 2001 Yellow VX. I am still amused when I see the one other yelow VX driving around the streets of Austin,TX. Just doing the 90,000 mile service this week on the VX.

Welcome jaradite !

You really wanted to be noticed with the proton......:p

Tom ( tom4bren) has to be proud of you for sure !

Mile High VX
01/16/2010, 09:04 AM
Welcome to the forum.

I'll watch for you when I'm in Austin two weeks each month working. Hope to see you once in a while...

septicmech
01/26/2010, 06:52 PM
Hey guys, I just joined the club!! Paid 9k for this 2001 Dragon with 54k miles on it..... I am working in Ohio & my VX is sitting in Arkansas waiting on me to get home........ I have yet to see it but my brother tells me that it is slick, here are a couple picks he sent me today.

Mile High VX
01/26/2010, 07:15 PM
Welcome to the obsession.

You've got a great color on that VX!

septicmech
01/26/2010, 07:23 PM
Thanks man, god willing I will be home next week to see what all the fuss is about....... I have big plans for this bad boy!!!

Ldub
01/27/2010, 01:10 AM
Hey guys, I just joined the club!! Paid 9k for this 2001 Dragon with 54k miles on it..... I am working in Ohio & my VX is sitting in Arkansas waiting on me to get home........ I have yet to see it but my brother tells me that it is slick, here are a couple picks he sent me today.

Oh MAN...the waiting must be KILLIN' ya...:freek:

Welcome to the addiction & I've gotta say...WELL PLAYED on becoming a Site Supporter right out of the starting gate...:thumbup:

It seems that a very small percentage of site users are able to grasp the importance of supporting a site that has the potential to $ave them countless hours & dollars in the maintence of a crazy looking little truck that we are all obsessed with...:thanx:

ORW VXr
01/27/2010, 10:29 AM
Hello Everyone, my name is ORW VXr. I used to hang out with the VX crowd in San Diego. Now I've become a world traveler. I don't own a VX but I have access to many. I'm more of a rider than I am a driver if you know what I mean. Anyway, I hope to be an accepted member of this forum.
P.S. my site support has been sent.
________
Harmed By Avandia (http://www.classactionsettlements.org/lawsuit/avandia/)

tom4bren
01/27/2010, 12:10 PM
Hello Everyone, my name is ORW VXr. I used to hang out with the VX crowd in San Diego. Now I've become a world traveler. I don't own a VX but I have access to many. I'm more of a rider than I am a driver if you know what I mean. Anyway, I hope to be an accepted member of this forum.
P.S. my site support has been sent.

I said it before & I'm sure I'll say it many more times ... what kinda peeps have I fallen in wit.

Welcome little Ho.

jabroni1m
02/17/2010, 10:13 PM
Hi everyone. I someone ran across the vehicross a couple of weeks ago and have been lurking around this forum and reading as much as I can online because they look so sweet. I am currently searching for one to buy as my car is crapping out and I am in need of a new vehicle. I hope that once I get it I can find all the information I need on this forum and by asking you guys. I will probably have some upcoming questions on my purchase.

handeeman
02/18/2010, 06:27 AM
jabroni1m, you found the right place, or as we used to say on Okla., "you've fallen in with bad company". Welcome, if its got to do with a VX you'll find it here. Plus as an added bonus you'll find a lot of stuff that has nothing to do with a VX.

USMCvxOFFROAD
02/19/2010, 02:23 AM
I feel in love with VX's when i was 15 i was looking for another car and stumbled across mine a 99 ebony i picked up for a great price the last four of my vin. # is 0179

handeeman
02/19/2010, 06:06 AM
Good stuff! Semper Fi !

p_justin13
02/19/2010, 01:56 PM
Have been looking for one forever, finally found one local in my price range, have been fixing many issues due to neglect by previous owner but the thing is a boat load of fun. First time ever living in the midwest I'm happy when it dumps snow! Can already tell I'm hooked for a long time
99 astral silver

skycop56
02/19/2010, 05:19 PM
Hello. I have been searching for a good off road vehicle that also has good road manners and it looks like the Vehicross is the best of the lot. So now the search is on for a good one. I know very lettle about the various models, such as "Ironman" so need to learn about those first. The forum looks cool and the members apear to be very much in love with the car......a must if it will be maintained properly. my email is Skycop56@gmail.com and I look forward to hearing from you guys and gals. (a skycop is a retired air traffic controller) John

handeeman
02/20/2010, 12:54 PM
Hey Skycop sounds like you've got a taste of the addiction....it's like an itch you can't scatch until you get one...P.S. the Ironman is just a set of emblems on a white VX, nothing more or less in the way of equipment. Looking forward to hearing of your progress, this is the place to be for info and help...good luck on your search.

keith
02/28/2010, 01:47 AM
hi, everyone just bought my first v cross today, I always wanted one. 2001
grey, 94,000 miles, its funto drive, and handles like its on rails . Hope to share in the v cross family. thanks keith

keith
02/28/2010, 01:53 AM
can't sleep, wondering what to use to clean the moulded plastic body panels? mothers "back to black" or Armour all whats works the best thanks.

Ldub
02/28/2010, 02:00 AM
can't sleep, wondering what to use to clean the moulded plastic body panels? mothers "back to black" or Armour all whats works the best thanks.

I prefer Meguires Gold Class Endurance (I THINK that's the name) tire dressing.

You'll know it by the smell....Grape Jelly...:drool:

Search "cladding" for more reading...MUCH more reading...:naughty:

Welcome to the forums!

keith
02/28/2010, 02:18 AM
ok tkanks, ive used that stuff before i remember the smell. i think its purple also.

Mile High VX
02/28/2010, 12:10 PM
I use Armorall on mine and I think it looks great.

I don't live where I deal with dusty conditions, or I might not feel that way...:bwgy::smilewink:bgwo::bgwb:

yellowgizmo99
03/11/2010, 06:01 PM
OK, made a deal to pick up a '99 Ironman in Biloxi on the 25th, will fly in and drive 1k miles back to VA. Saw one of these last month and like most people talked to had not seen one and thought Isuzu is coming out with a new model. After searching on net man was I surprised and bitten at that point, was luckly enought to have a member near me that took me for a nice ride in his. Will be coming thru Atlanta the 25th if someone would like to meet up for supper shoot me a PM.

AndyC
03/13/2010, 08:38 AM
hi, everyone just bought my first v cross today, I always wanted one. 2001
grey, 94,000 miles, its funto drive, and handles like its on rails . Hope to share in the v cross family. thanks keith

Congrats Keith :)
I'm down in Noank/Mystic sometimes on the weekends at a buddy's boat. Been scuba diving the last couple years.

RickOKC
03/14/2010, 03:26 PM
Hello All,

I have considered getting a VX for years and I'm finally in a position where I can make it a reality. I've been lurking for a while learning more about them and keeping an eye on the "For Sale" section. Wish me luck!

wintermute
03/16/2010, 01:21 AM
Hi everyone. I just took delivery of my first VX, a 2000 Kaiser with 63K orig miles. It was listed for sale on this site, which is how I initially found it.

It definitely is in need of some TLC and seems a bit neglected. I plan to restore it to near perfection. Any tips on finding parts or restoration advice would be greatly appreciated.

I've been doing a ton of reading here and there seems to be some great people and knowledge here.

Particularly, I immediately need:

Brakes and a good mechanic / repair shop
Rear door body cladding
Engine Cover
Keyless remote and replacement keys
Exhaust system (rust eating away current muffler)

Thanks everyone! This site has already been a tremendous resource for me.I loved this car when it was first introduced, but sadly I only now decided on purchasing one. I live in So Cal, so the S2000 had all my attention until now... :)

Eventually I'd like to replace or repair the hood insert and the front headlight covers which are badly yellowed and cracked.

Ldub
03/16/2010, 01:36 AM

Eventually I'd like to replace or repair the hood insert and the front headlight covers which are badly yellowed and cracked.

WELCOME to the madness, as you've probably already figured out, there is no known cure...:yesgray:

For brakes, my favorite flavor is Magnum cross drilled rotors with OEM pads from Merlin...

http://cgi.ebay.com/Isuzu-Amigo-Trooper-Vehicross-92-03-Drill-Rotor-F-R_W0QQitemZ170459418710QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMotors_C ar_Truck_Parts_Accessories?hash=item27b02c5056

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/0001amagro.jpg

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/00001merlindo.JPG

Anita, Jo, or one of the other So Cals will hopefully chime in with a reco for a hired wrench.:_wrench:

VX KAT
03/16/2010, 08:50 AM

Rear door body cladding
Engine Cover
Keyless remote and replacement keys
Exhaust system (rust eating away current muffler)

I have an OEM keyless remote. I'll PM ya.

Here's some key blanks on ebay:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-2000-2002-Isuzu-Vehicross-Key-blanks-blank_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem2eab290229QQitemZ 200440087081QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAc cessories#ht_1398wt_702

There's been a bunch of sellers recently on ebay listing VX parts, parting out Cash4Clunkers probably.
They've been listing a few parts at a time, so contact them & ask if they have the part you need. Even if they don't have anything listed right now on ebay, you can still contact them thru ebay and ask what they have.

I've had a hard time getting these links to work, so if they don't work, PM meif you need help finding them on ebay.

ariparts777:
http://motors.desc.shop.ebay.com/ariparts777/m.html?_nkw=isuzu%20vehicross&_sacat=&LH_TitleDesc=1&_odkw=&_osacat=0&_rdc=1&_rdc=1&_trksid=m194&ssPageName=STRK:MEFSRCHX:SRCH

bairdsautoparts:
http://motors.desc.shop.ebay.com/bairdsautoparts/m.html?LH_TitleDesc=1&_nkw=vehicross&_trkparms=65%253A15%257C66%253A4%257C39%253A1&_psize=3&_rdc=1&_trksid=m194&ssPageName=STRK:MEFSRCHX:SRCH

bestfastparts:
http://motors.shop.ebay.com/bestfastparts/m.html?_nkw=VEHICROSS&_trkparms=65%253A12%257C66%253A2%257C39%253A1%257C 72%253A2492&_psize=3&_trksid=m194&ssPageName=STRK:MEFSRCHX:SRCH

dead_milkmen:
http://motors.shop.ebay.com/bestfastparts/m.html?_nkw=VEHICROSS&_trkparms=65%253A12%257C66%253A2%257C39%253A1%257C 72%253A2492&_psize=3&_trksid=m194&ssPageName=STRK:MEFSRCHX:SRCH

eighty7zuk:
http://motors.desc.shop.ebay.com/eighty7zuk/m.html?_nkw=vehicross&_sacat=&LH_TitleDesc=1&_odkw=&_osacat=0&_rdc=1&_rdc=1&_trksid=m194&ssPageName=STRK:MEFSRCHX:SRCH

estatecycles:
http://motors.shop.ebay.com/estatecycles/m.html?_nkw=ISUZU%20VEHICROSS&_sacat=&_odkw=&_osacat=0&_rdc=1&_trksid=m194&ssPageName=STRK:MEFSRCHX:SRCH

hyundaiisuzuparts:
http://desc.shop.ebay.com/hyundaiisuzuparts/m.html?_nkw=vehicross&_sacat=0&LH_TitleDesc=1&_odkw=vehicross&_osacat=0&bkBtn=1&_rdc=1&_trksid=m194&ssPageName=STRK:MEFSRCHX:SRCH

jonesbs9:
http://motors.desc.shop.ebay.com/jonesbs9/m.html?_nkw=vehicross&_sacat=&LH_TitleDesc=1&_odkw=vehicross&_osacat=0&_rdc=1&_rdc=1&_trksid=m194&ssPageName=STRK:MEFSRCHX:SRCH

magicpinto1:
http://motors.desc.shop.ebay.com/magicpinto1/m.html?_nkw=vehicross&_sacat=&LH_TitleDesc=1&_trksid=p3911.m270.l1313&_odkw=vehicross&_osacat=0&_rdc=1

Or contact member "blujfan9293", he's been parting out a VX for the past year, he may still have some parts.

Great to have another member! Enjoy!

wintermute
03/17/2010, 12:09 AM
Thank you Kat! I really appreciate all the links and the remote.
:)

VX_FX
03/20/2010, 02:13 AM
You heard correctly I just got my brand new (used) VehiCross! I picked it up from Dyson-Motors in Azuza Cali last friday Mar 12 2010. Let me just say that I was very happy last friday.

If you're unfamiliar with the 2000 Izuzu VehiCross as most people i've talked to seem to be, i'll tell you a few things about it. The Izuzu VehiCross is one of the frist crossover SUV's, its kind of a SUV/sports car. It was designed as a "halo" vehicle for Izuzu. Basically that means that this vehicle is designed to get people into the show rooms and then they end up buying cheaper cars. I think it worked for Izuzu.

Some people love the way it looks and some don't. I think you know instantly which camp you're in. I remember seeing this car when they first debuted it and wishing I could own it. I was in my last couple of years of high school and there was no chance that me or my parents were gonna be getting this thing. Flash to 2010 and now I can afford one. (I think thats kind of a joke).

Getting the VehiCross was almost as if the stars had aligned themselves and then some stars fell out of orbit and I had to get a loan and then the stars got realigned. Seriously tho since they only made these vehicles for 3 years in the U.S. they're pretty rare. In fact the one I have they only made about 146 of them. So finding one that is in good condition and is not too expensive is a task in of itself. I read on a VehiCross tribute site that one guy traveled 1500 miles to get his. I only had to go about 30miles (which in L.A. can be like traveling 1500 miles).

When I say that it was kept in good condition, I mean really good condition. It was as if the previous owner (by the way there was only one owner which is great) had bought this car 10 years ago because I couldn't afford it and kept it safe for me. I opened the glove box after I got it and all of the documentation was in an envelope in the same condition it would have been in when it was purchased. I think the previous owner was female, which can is probably why it was so clean and hadn't really gone off road ever.

I like to find connections to things in life that normally don't connect. Like the fact that I've always wanted the VehiCross and finally got it... and there are many other things that I want in life, with regard to relationships or career goals, if I keep those goals in mind at all times they will happen for me I have no doubt.

I knew that once I got a new vehicle I would change me for the better, because I would previously avoid driving because my ****ty focus didn't run well or just wasn't very comfortable to ride in. Now I want to drive everywhere. If you know of some cool driving destinations or scenic routes in SoCal please let me know!http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/2/thumbs/IMG_1528.JPG (http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/2/IMG_1528.JPG)

Ldub
03/20/2010, 03:11 AM
If you're unfamiliar with the 2000 Izuzu VehiCross as most people i've talked to seem to be, i'll tell you a few things about it.

:confused:...Sorry, that just struck me as funny...:laughing:

We ARE VehiCROSS...:yesgray:...http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/15080/ppuser/1063/sortby/d/sorttime/9999/way/desc

I just had my DNA checked last week, & I'm 87.845% VehiCROSS. Any more & I'd have to get my blood replaced with brake fluid.:rolleyesg

We rip on each other about as often as we say "Hi", so please don't be put off by my welcome...:smilewink

Welcome to the forums & the fam, you have many miles & smiles ahead of you...:yes:.:dance:.:thumbup:.:_steering

Ldub
03/20/2010, 03:27 AM
Now I want to drive everywhere. If you know of some cool driving destinations or scenic routes in SoCal please let me know!

Three words...:naughty:

Moab in May...:dance:

http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?t=15991&highlight=moab

http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?t=15623&highlight=moab

zoup2nuts
03/20/2010, 09:29 AM
Hi,

I'm (61) Bob from Colorado Springs and I started looking for a VX about 6-weeks ago. On my first wave of searches, I found this site and found a 2000 Proton under our "For Sale" postings. I stumbled onto Crossman's 2000 Proton about midnight on night and had a hard time waiting for a respectable time to call the next morning. Larry called me back later in the day and I was with a client, so he had to leave a message that it was still available. After talking to him for about 30 minutes, I committed to buying it sight unseen.
I picked it up (3) weeks ago in Phoenix and haven't had a minute of regret.

It is a 2000 Proton that was a 1-owner with apx. 75k miles. I picked it up in monsoon-like rains at 11 pm on a Saturday night and immediately headed north to Flagstaff. I picked up snow and icy conditions for about 60 miles and was thrilled with how the VX handled it all. I took a catnap in Flagstaff about 4 am and hit the road again and the weather cleared up and I really enjoyed how effortlessly it cruised at 80 across AZ and into NM.

It will get the majority of my daily driving, but I do bust out a '75 FJ40 with a 350 chevy motor, and a couple of motorcycles.

I have enjoyed scouring the site and hope to be a contributor from time to time. MileHigh VX and Kat were both very helpful when I first joined...thank you to both...and of course to Crossman (Larry and Ellen) for taking such good care of the Proton...Bob

VX KAT
03/20/2010, 09:50 AM
Hi Bob- Welcome! Great to hear your trip home was successful (and fun!).
You won't be able to wipe the smile off your face for a lonnnnggg time!

zoup2nuts
03/20/2010, 11:55 AM
Hi Sue,

Yep, I'm just a drivin' and a grinnin'...Bob

tom4bren
03/22/2010, 06:17 AM
Grats Bob. I got mine 'sight unseen' 2 years ago. Still grinning!!!

camarodrivenrs
03/22/2010, 06:25 AM
Hi all! My names Brett and i just started looking for a Vcross...Im currently in sarasota FL, but I'm going to school in fairbanks alaska in the fall. Ive done a lot of research on which SUV i want to get for the drive there, think i've finally settled on a Vcross.

tom4bren
03/22/2010, 07:04 AM
Welcome Brett, good luck on your search.

DANG: Sarasota to Fairbanks ... now there's the very definition of 'culture shock'.

camarodrivenrs
03/22/2010, 09:40 AM
Welcome Brett, good luck on your search.

DANG: Sarasota to Fairbanks ... now there's the very definition of 'culture shock'.

Definitely going to be a different way of life....I keep checking the temperatures and wondering what Im thinking....today in sarasota we've got a nice 80 degrees, in fairbanks a balmy -5 degrees. There's a Vcross for sale here in the city, its a 99 with a 114k miles, they are asking 8500. Which I think is a bit steep and I told him to call me when he wants to come down 2k.

tom4bren
03/22/2010, 09:48 AM
Contact fellow VX'r Handeeman. He's in the business and may have a lead on one.

Mile High VX
03/22/2010, 06:23 PM
Hi all! My names Brett and i just started looking for a Vcross...Im currently in sarasota FL, but I'm going to school in fairbanks alaska in the fall. Ive done a lot of research on which SUV i want to get for the drive there, think i've finally settled on a Vcross.

Nice handle...my first car in high school was a '69 Z28...lots of fun.

There is a Proton (yellow) in Pompano Beach on e-bay at a local stealership.

There is an Ebony (black) in Hollywood on AutoTrader.

Good luck with your search.

Solar Black
03/22/2010, 06:39 PM
Hello everyone! The name is Jesus but you may call me Jes. I don't currently own a VX but I have been interested in one for the past year. I currently own a 2000 eclipse V6 but would definitely love to find a VX.

I don't plan to buy one until next year since I am deploying soon but I thought why not get started on knowing more about the vehicle so I know what to do whenever I find one and buy.

Gussie2000
03/22/2010, 08:03 PM
Hello everyone! The name is Jesus but you may call me Jes. I don't currently own a VX but I have been interested in one for the past year. I currently own a 2000 eclipse V6 but would definitely love to find a VX.

I don't plan to buy one until next year since I am deploying soon but I thought why not get started on knowing more about the vehicle so I know what to do whenever I find one and buy.

Very welcome jesus !

I guarrantee you,if you test drive one before deployment you may not wait 'till you come back.:bwgy:

Solar Black
03/23/2010, 02:55 PM
True most likely. I just need to gather the money. Still owe a few for my eclipse

tom4bren
03/23/2010, 03:28 PM
SB

Eclipse & VX make a nice combo in the driveway.

My DD is an 03 & Wifey drives an 04 ragtop.

Solar Black
03/23/2010, 04:54 PM
I got an Eclipse and the Wife has a Scion xA Release Series 2.0

Mile High VX
03/23/2010, 06:34 PM
I agree with Tom.

'99 Accord Coupe V6 (that's not near stock) and the VX make great companions (and the best part is there both dark Green...the best color)...:bwgy::smilewink:bgwo::bgwb: