PDA

View Full Version : Alaska Meet/Cruize/Race/BBQ!

AlaskaVX
03/08/2004, 04:55 PM
Hey Alaskan's,
On May 15th the Alaska Raceway is having a "Kool Kruz and Car Show"... Boarzhead and I are definately going and we wanted to have a large... haha I mean all 5 VX's showing up if possible. I still don't have all the info on this since no website really says anything yet, except that it starts at Alaska Sales and Service. But from what Boarzhead told me you start from Alaska Sales then drive out to Butte to the Alaska Raceway, and he said that if you bring a can of food you get to race all day for free! I am still trying to get more info and I will let you know as I get it.

So anyone interested in going?

Heraclid
03/09/2004, 02:43 PM
That thing at the end of your posts about getting beat by an SUV reminded me of something. At the rallycross some guy in a Subaru had a personalized plate that read "SUV ETR". Now, in general, is that really saying very much?

AlaskaVX
03/09/2004, 02:50 PM
No, that's not saying much at all, LOL!
-Note to self... after ECM mod and 6-7 psi pully, upgrade injectors, beef up tranny, get personalized plates "WRX ETR" LOL

shoota77
03/09/2004, 05:21 PM
crap! i wish i was up there that soon...oh well, some other time!

AlaskaVX
03/09/2004, 05:31 PM
Thanks for the reply anyway shoota!
This is our little Alaska MOAB LOL, off-roading after the drag races if anyone wants to!

AK VX Lvr
03/09/2004, 05:34 PM
I'm in for the cruise on May 15th--at least at this point. It's a couple months ahead of us yet, but baring any unforseen circumstances it sounds like a good time...
Dave
:dance:

gruven
03/10/2004, 02:11 PM
Still not sure if I will be there at that time- one more thing to help plan around though!

Alan- who do you have riding shotgun?

-gruven:supercool

-

AlaskaVX
03/10/2004, 02:53 PM
AK VX Lvr, hope your schedule works out, should be a real cool trip, and we will probobally be the only SUV's there! :D

Hey gruven! You coming up again this summer? May is a little early for King fishing don't ya think?;) As for shotgun it's open! I doubt my freinds want to be around with so many Vehicross crazy people, They get enough VX talk from me alone LOL! I should be lifted in April, and Boarzheads ride will be insane! So definately an offroad adventure is in store. Maybe even go back to the Knik glacier if I could make it? Thats about the time when everything is flooded though, and might make for a difficult journey, could be a lot of fun! I have never tried to make it all the way back there, but once that lift is on it might give me some more confidence. Those creeks can get BIG though!;eeky; Let me know what your plans are when you know!

AlaskaVX
03/16/2004, 02:31 PM
I just got an email back from the Alaska Raceway, however it still doesn't say what time to be there but here ya go......

The Kool Kruz starts in Anchorage at the Northway Mall. Everyone cruises out to the track, they give away some awards, and they have a barbeque. We open the track up for test and tune, single passes only. It's a free day for all the hot rod guys. Most of the "show" cars don't really race and it's a good chance for them to get a pass in their cars, just to see what they'll run.

Hey - we'll be doing points this year for the street performance races, if you're interested. There will be a bracket for 8 cyl. cars, and one for 4/6 cyl.

AlaskaVX
03/29/2004, 04:51 PM
BTT, looking for dustin....(dstruction)

BOARZHEAD
04/12/2004, 08:10 PM
I'll be there.. I got a new comp so I'll check in o.k.

dstruction
05/02/2004, 10:32 PM
Hey alan. It sounds sweet. Count me in. i get my Dubs put on monday so I'll be rolin' fresh.

AlaskaVX
05/05/2004, 03:54 PM
Getting close..... just wanted to bring it up again.
Still no word on what time to meet at the Nothway mall so keep looking back and I will find out ASAP.

Hope everyone can make it!

AlaskaVX
05/11/2004, 11:44 AM
Finally they came out with an official time to meet! Here is a post from one of the local boards.

I will try to be there at 8:45AM!

"THE 2004 KOOL CRUISE IS COMING MAY 15. Meet at the Northway Mall at 9 AM. We cruse at Noon to the Alaska Raceway Park for free hotdogs and great oldies. Again this year you can "Run what ya brung;" on the drag strip (you must have a helmet). This family fun event is free, however we ask that you bring a donation of two cans of food for the Food Bank of Alaska."

AlaskaVX
05/12/2004, 11:44 AM
http://www.ebaumsworld.com/forumfun/positive10.jpg
Had to do it, it's too funny!

AlaskaVX
05/14/2004, 11:20 AM
OK well hope to see everyone there between 9-11:30 I will be there early but you don't have to be. Nice to finally meet you AK VX Lvr, even if it was only a handshake. LOL Now I know why I always see your truck at Gallos :bgwo: LOL