PDA

View Full Version : San Diego & So Cal

Kahuna
03/07/2004, 08:37 PM
Not enough San Diego VX owners out there. Why doesn't somebody have a rally (party) get together or something. I'm tooooo busy to organize.......but a trip to Havasu, stay at Crazy horse sounds like a fun time to me.;Dr;

SPAZZ
03/08/2004, 01:00 AM
San Diego VXers are stuck up...that's why...either that or working too much and stuck in traffic...paying for the nice weather!!! haha ha

Triathlete
03/08/2004, 08:03 AM
You can always come hang out with us. No further to Tucson than Havasu! Of course there is no lake here but then its only 105 instead of 115 degrees in the summer!;Dy;

Anita
03/08/2004, 08:35 AM
We all got pretty spoiled with the big LA meet at Isuzu headquarters a few years back and also the Dealer Meet. I've been trying to make that happen again but it would be great to have some kind of get together in the meantime. Not everyone wants off road fun, some do. It would be kinda cool to find any of the original VX designers to talk to. Any other ideas?

Ron, when are you coming down this way? Can you bring some of your goodies to show if you do?

Kahuna
03/08/2004, 03:21 PM
We can't help it that is was 85 degrees in the middle of September. But to call us...stuck up...come on! Yes it true, that our mountains are made out of silicon...well, in Hollywood and oh yeah..and most beaches . No offense ladies.....I like themand so do alot of men. But many of us are just fun loving party people who could care less whether you pick up trash for a living or one who sues people for picking up trash. We don't care if your from Kansas or California, if you like to have fun and respect others...than your our type of people. Now shut up and wash my car :)

WyrreJ
03/08/2004, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by Kahuna
Yes it true, that our mountains are made out of silicon...

I think you mean San Jose!

SPAZZ
03/08/2004, 06:50 PM
say whatever false pretenses u want...but..I was in San Diego for 8 years stationed at Miramar in the Marines...plus I had my VX there since April of 2001 and not one VX er ever attempted to be nice or talk to me ...when I woulddrive up and wave...they would just drive away and act like "why was that guy in the VX trying to talk to us..."yes....California people are mostly stuck up....now wash my car biyatch;Dp;

Kahuna
03/09/2004, 12:37 AM
Now I understand, Your forgiven!! What you are really referring to is that you were one of the marines that just came in our town, thought you owned the world and thought every girl was in love with you. Your playing a little head game with yourself. Because it funny, most San Diegans fill the same way you do...but you are the one who is stuck on yourself.

Now don't get me wrong. I think ALL military persons (male and Female) deserve our endless gratitude. And what you do is tremendious and without you S.D would not be the paradise it is, but come on...you would admit that marines and navy boys are a little stuck on themslves.

Anyhow---TRUCE!

Triathlete
03/09/2004, 06:50 AM
Marines DO own the world! And the sooner you all understand this the sooner we can all get along!;eeky; ;Dy; ;eeky; ;Dy; ;eeky; ;Dy; ;eeky; ;Dy; ;eeky; ;Dy; ;eeky; ;Dy; ;eeky; ;Dy;
Semper Fi

SPAZZ
03/09/2004, 08:39 PM
I did own the world.....and every girl was in love with me.....;Dp; ...but I didn't just think it......8 years in San Diego and the stuck up people didn't stop...and from April 2001 till November 2003 with my VX and every single VX in San Diego would act like some freak show was waving at them in another VX and they didn't know why and hauled ***** away looking confused......

I am from Colorado..in Colorado you could walk up to a girl on the street and have a very nice conversation with them and they would be very nice and friendly. In California if you tried that...the women would say "Who the f&@k are you to talk to me...I don't know you..."

besides you just keep paying $240,000 for your 900 square foot homes with no yard but a sidewalk and $500 a month home owners association fees and you think you won the lottery....whooohoooo we paid for a mansion..but got shorted ...ALOT.......but the wether is so nice

besides...Southern Cali is just Northern Mexico anyways.......and they want to give illegal aliens drivers' licenses...roflmfao

keep dreaming....and living that dream.....I'll take my $ where there is land..and lots of it.....my children will be running for acres and acres on there own property, shoot guns, and love the wilderness, and protect and defend themselves and not sheltered to grow up loving Barney and saying no war, no fighting , we must have peace...even if someone punches me in the face...I won't fight back.........yuppies....go back to the valley....sell your Vx and buy a H2 suburban curb hopper

Kahuna
03/09/2004, 11:24 PM
Okay..I GIVE UP! You are so right....and I'm just glad we live in your world...the world according to Spazz! It must be nice to sit above all us peons down here is lowly San Diego. Oh by the way...what is it like to walk on water?:) Anyhow, If you or Semper FI ever come out to visit us slim in the cesspool (check spelling) of life, give me ring and I'll buy the first round.

ctp
03/11/2004, 08:25 PM
I was thinking the same thing about a meeting sometime. The Land Rover guys go on trips to Baja all the time. (and they are in Land Rover's for God's sake!!!) It would be cool for a road trip. A little surfing wouldn't hurt either.

As for the military talk, I'm sure there are people out there smarter, stronger and better looking than a Marine. Of course, in my 10 years in the Marines I've never met one!

Semper Fi

Bill Brown
04/24/2004, 09:56 AM
Any San Diego area VXers care to hook-up for dinner and chatting at a Shelter Island area restaurant? Driving down from Clovis on business, tomorrow, and will be staying at:
Humphrey's Half Moon Inn & Suites
2303 Shelter Island Drive
San Diego, CA 92106-3109
619-224-3411
Also, could you recommend a restaurant or 2, whether or not you are able to participate? It's been 11+ years since I was a Sandy Eggo resident. TIA.

Kahuna
04/24/2004, 10:01 AM
S.D VX'ers here. Yeah, Let's hook up. I know the best place in town. Well actually OLD TOWN. Little Mexican Place with Mariachi Band...the whole works. We take everybody to this place when they come to visit. My number is 858.587.9147

Bobbi & Sheri

Bill Brown
04/24/2004, 10:23 AM
Sounds good. I intend to get into town around 4 p.m., 25 April. Will phone after checking into the hotel.-Bill Brown

S.D VX'ers here. Yeah, Let's hook up. I know the best place in town. Well actually OLD TOWN. Little Mexican Place with Mariachi Band...the whole works. We take everybody to this place when they come to visit. My number is 858.587.9147

Bobbi & Sheri

azskyrider
04/24/2004, 10:29 AM
..Little Mexican Place with Mariachi Band...the whole works. ...

Can you remember the name to the restaurant this time and let me know?:p

I have been to SD many times since my Cousin lives there. I have yet to find a good Mexican Restaurant in this country and she says she hasn't either.

BTW- I went to SD last weekend with my wife to visit my cousin and some Naval friends. Drove through Old Town but I couldn't find it. :(

Kahuna
04/24/2004, 11:20 AM
Why did'nt you contact me!!!!! Would have loved to meet you. Next time your this way....CALL:smack:

Anyhow, it's in Old Town, the part you walk through, cars not allowed. It's in the back corners, go through the gates into the plaza....go towards the back. It's the ones with the colorfull unbrellas (not the first one...but the second), You can't miss it. Out by the fountain (where you wait to get it) they display thier drinks. Thier known for thier Margaritas, the large is a small fish bowl-takes two hands!!. It's outdoor seating. try the FUNDIDO, GREAT!

azskyrider
04/24/2004, 05:01 PM
You stole my prospective VX I guess you can't steal my Girl ;)

I might be heading LA way in about two weeks. Maybe my wife and I can swing down San Diego way and we can go out and eat some mexican food. BUT the salsa has to be HOT! or it's just not SALSA :D

In a few months it will be in the 110 F! You betcha I will be heading to SD. I look forward to meeting you.

Kahuna
04/24/2004, 07:05 PM
Come on out!! Don't worry about stealing your GF, I don't think my wife would like that too much. Anyhow, write down my number, put it in your cell and when (2 wks or summer), your ready ......come on out! My dad has a 38 ft day cruiser in the channel.....maybe a BBQ and Beer cruise!!! Yeah, now I got you thinking about it. My number is 858.587.9147

Bill Brown
04/25/2004, 06:17 PM
Just got in, a bit later than planned, 6:15 p.m. Having too much fun chatting with Anita and Lisa over lunch at Killer Shrimp. Anyway, will get off line to give Bobbi a call. Had to logon to get the number.-Bill Brown

Kahuna
04/26/2004, 01:34 PM
Let's see:rolleyes: ....spend time with two ladies or...????? Okay, your forgiven.

Bill Brown
04/27/2004, 05:28 PM
Things worked out great. A most enjoyable road trip being able to share a lunch stop with VXer friends, then dinner with a new VXer. Thanks.-Bill Brown

Anita
04/27/2004, 11:39 PM
Bill, it was great seeing you again.

I was serious bout that assignment. ;pp; It would be cool to camp out on the cliffs at the South Carlsbad beach and then invade those trails in the camp pendleton area.

Bill Brown
05/21/2004, 12:19 PM
I enjoyed chatting over lunch, too.
My idea of camping is a hotel room. My camping out days have faded into the past. Been quite some years since I tried to sleep in a tent.-Bill Brown

Originally posted by Anita
Bill, it was great seeing you again.

I was serious bout that assignment. ;pp; It would be cool to camp out on the cliffs at the South Carlsbad beach and then invade those trails in the camp pendleton area.

Kahuna
05/21/2004, 09:01 PM
MINI-MEET

Click on the link below for more information

http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=36079#post36079post36079]CLICK HERE