PDA

View Full Version : Black Rock Mountain 2004

johnnyapollo
03/07/2004, 03:45 PM
It's once again time to begin discussion on the Black Rock Mountain meet. This will be the 2nd annual event, featuring VX owners from Florida, Georgia, Tennessee, North Carolina and places not yet determined (I believe a dozen or so VXers appeared last year). Last year we had a blast with quite a large showing over the spring break weekend. The meet is held at the Black Rock Mountain campsite in North Georgia, minutes from the Tennessee, North Carolina and South Carolina borders.

The meet features beautiful, scenic camping, hiking trails, off-road excitement and great company. Typically we break up into groups of modifiers, 4-wheelers, nature enthusiasts, etc, then reassemble for common meals. In order to reserve the campsite, we'll need to get this together within the next week or so.

I have pics of the meet here:

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/showgallery.php?cat=536&thumb=1

Everyone is invited so if you're interested in participating, please post on this thread.

-- Best, John

Joe_Black
03/07/2004, 04:19 PM
Just say when!;Do;

crager34
03/07/2004, 04:52 PM
It could happen... Maybe for me....

johnnyapollo
03/08/2004, 03:19 AM
Hey crager34,

You're more than welcome to come! Everyone is invited. Last year the weekend was warm and beautiful, even though it was foggy and cool on the mountain. I'm hoping that dyanni can show up for this one.

For those of you who don't camp, there are lodges and hotels around the city of Clayton. The campsite itself has many amenities, including real bathrooms with running water and showers.

Last year we had a big pot of shrimp (brought by lori) and smoked Alaskan salmon (brought by gruven). There was also some VX Caviar provided by skullcap! I'll continue to post more information as the meet develops.

-- Best, John

johnnyapollo
03/08/2004, 12:59 PM
I talked to BigMike today, and I think he's gonna try making it in his new Axiom. I also talked to him about his VX on eBay and he told me it was about $15K in repairs for his accident. Interesting, no?

-- Best, John

VXing
03/08/2004, 03:05 PM
John,

Let me know when you guys are planning the meet. Suzanne and I might be able to come down from the great white north for the weekend. I have vacation May 10-15, and we were planning to head to the Bluridge Parkway in Virginia and camp. If there is Salmon involved in the meet I'll take off work for sure. Di d you catch the hint Gruven???;) Hope all are well in the South..

Mike,Suzanne and Autumn

AlaskaVX
03/08/2004, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by VXing
I have vacation May 10-15, and we were planning to head to the Bluridge Parkway in Virginia and camp.
OK, as soon as you log in, and you look at that front page what is happening May 12-15th? MOAB! I guess I'm just jellous about the huge Isuzu meet, if I lived in the lower 48 I would be there for sure! As for the salmon if your ever in AK I can take you fishing. :)

VXing
03/09/2004, 06:10 AM
AlaskaVX,

When I'm done with residency I'll give you a call. I was in Alaska in the 80's. It was the most beautiful place I had ever been. We traveled to every corner possible. I think about the scenery and wildlife often. As for fishing, I would love to fly fish some streams up there.
Unfortunately, Moab is a little far for a weeks vacation, some day I'll make it.

Best,
Mike

carlymac
03/09/2004, 08:53 AM
Hey John, Our spring break runs from April 9th-18th. So I'm good for anytime during that week+. I would be happy to go early and set up base camp...just say the word. Used seam sealer on the tent too ;) . Hope this year is bigger and better!

johnnyapollo
03/09/2004, 11:27 AM
I'd like to try for the weekend of the 16/17/18th. I think I'll try to take that friday off so I can come up to the campsite Thursday evening.

Hey Carl - if you could set up base camp once again I think it will ensure the success of this meet. Your efforts last year certainly provided the foundation for one of the best meets I've ever attended.

I'm hoping most if not all the members that attended last year will attend again this year. I know Lori is now in MO someplace, so we'll miss she and her puppies (unless we can really, really twist her arm!). I'm hoping even more will be interested in coming. Nivd? Skullcap? Forgetful? Where is everybody?

-- John

Heraclid
03/09/2004, 08:15 PM
I believe work is keeping Niv really busy flying up to Jersey every weekend or something like that. He hasn't been able to make a few of the FL meets lately. Don't know about Skullcap, but I've met them both too and they'd be great company if they can make it. I can also try to round up the other Jacksonville VXers.

Now whether or not I can make it. I'd sure like to, but I know my wife is going to be out of town around then and I may have to stay home. I will certainly try.

gruven
03/10/2004, 02:05 PM
Count me in...

The Kenai was very kind to me last summer so VXing, if you want to help again with grill duties, I can assure a full belly. Maybe a little Crown to wash it down?? Fly rod? Big ;Db; to Suzanne!!!

Carlymac- road trip time again?? I can help with preperations if you like. I'll make sure not to miss the cars flipping next to us this time!! Glad to hear about the seamsealer;pg;

Sorry I missed your call John, I'll track you down this week when I come up for air.

This was a VERY enjoyable experience for me last year. My VX was about a month old and to see all of the mods in person was great (and $$;eekg; ).

Those VX's sure pick out some cool people....

-gruven:supercool

Radiologue
03/11/2004, 09:56 AM
When is this going down?:confused:

johnnyapollo
03/11/2004, 08:07 PM
The official date will probably be April 16th-18th. This is towards the end of spring break and the weekend after Easter. We're still formalizing the dates and such. I think Carl and possibly others will arrive earlier in the week and get in some fly fishing and R&R before the meet.

Got a call from Alex (skullcap) yesterday and he's in for at least a day, maybe more.

Also ran into BigMike today at the Atlanta Auto Show and it looks like he's in.

-- Best, John

Cyrk
03/12/2004, 06:41 AM
John about how longs is the drive from ATL? Would love to try and make it... need to get some one to watch the 3 dogs, or I could bring them.

-Dave

johnnyapollo
03/12/2004, 07:03 AM
It's exactly an hour from my house I believe (I live at the crux of I285 and I85). It's a straight shot up I85, to I985, which you stay on all the way up to Clayton (it changes names a couple of times but it's basically the same road - no turns). From where you live, there's probably a much faster route. You should bring the dogs - last year Lori brought hers (there are no park rules against them - and they would probably enjoy the woods!)

The park is located right in the corner of the state where the Carolinas and Tennessee border, due north. There's a path going up 400 but I'm not sure about it.

-- Best, John

carlymac
03/12/2004, 11:36 AM
We had dogs last year...I think they'll be fine

NC_VX
03/12/2004, 07:43 PM
I'm for sure in. I am headed to Indiana for a VX meet around the 24th of april (I think) so before or after better!!!!

I am excited, another VX meet close to home!!!

johnnyapollo
03/13/2004, 08:41 AM
We'd better start getting a head-count together to reserve the camp sites. We can get two to three VXes on each parking pad, with enough space for 6 people per campsite. I think we reserved 3? last year and 11 VXers showed up,

Original thread from last year here:
http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=629&highlight=black+rock

Some highlights here:

Park Info:
http://gastateparks.org/info/blackrock/

Dyanni's recon info about the park here:
http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=629&perpage=15&highlight=black%20rock&pagenumber=2

If you want a site away from the group or a cabin that's fine too. Just call the reservation phone # 1-800-864-7275. Remember this park is one of Georgia's spring jewels and will fill up quickly!

I'm hoping that once again Carl will become the point man and site host, as he did such a great job last year. If anyone else is interested in coming early, there's a great opportunity to fish, hike and see some of nature's finest.

We also try to do some pot-luck meals that turned out spectacularly last year! The weather was wet (you're basically at an altitude that puts you in a cloud) overnight and cold, brightening up to beautiful, brisk sunny days (after the initial night), so you will want to bring a variety of clothing (both for cool and warm weather).

For those interested, this is also an excellent meet to look at and install mods, as well as get your feet wet in some light off-roading. The area is also some of the most beautiful, scenic country that you will ever have the hope of seeing (my opinion) - a perfect location for a little get together. Hope to see you at the Gap!

-- Best, John

NC_VX
03/13/2004, 01:00 PM
John,

thanks for the details. Right now it is just me and my dog coming on the trip. However, I have had a few friends express an interest, and may have one guest. For now, count me in for one VX and one tent.

I am considering coming up early too, but I am just thinking coming Thursday evening through Sunday... If I can be of assistance, let me know!

Raven

Joe_Black
03/15/2004, 08:07 AM
So, like, is this "official" yet? I'm getting anxious and need to plan!;pg;

johnnyapollo
03/15/2004, 03:02 PM
I need to check with Carl and see if he's up to being the early bird/site host. Carl can you give me a call or write me an email?

I'm ready to get moving!

-- Best, John

carlymac
03/16/2004, 12:39 PM
Hey guys been a bit busy at work...John I'll email you in a day or two just need to check a few things out before I commit. Everything looks good for now though....carl

carlymac
03/17/2004, 11:17 AM
O.K. Gang...I'm A Go!!
BLACK ROCK MOUNTAIN HERE WE COME!!!

John, I sent you an email but, it was returned a fatal error...probably my cheap government email account:mad: Anyhow I'll be able to go down on Thursday morning the 15th and set up base camp. The sites are aquired on a first come first serve basis however, reserving sites ensures that we get a site not necessarily together but if I get there early I can try to claim the number of ajoining sites we'll need If you have questions or concerns email, PM or call me at home (615)824-6050. This can be the best meet yet...

Gruven, get your days off lined up Nashville's music industry can do without you for a few days...Oh and call me, the numbers above.

All other VX'ers, I'll need to know if you are planning to camp out. They allow two tents per site. And six people. Let me know A.S.A.P. if you want to camp and what nights you'll be staying and I'll have the sites in order for your arrival. I believe the fee was around $15+- a night and there was a per vehicle park pass that needs to be purchased. I'll have all the exact figures in a day or two. But I need to know how many sites to reserve soon so to get ajoining sites. Like Johnnyapollo said there are cabins that you can reserve if the tent thing is too rustic for your taste.

See ya' at the GAP...carlymac

johnnyapollo
03/17/2004, 11:21 AM
Hey Carl,

Then the official dates are April 16-18th, with the actual "meet" happening on Saturday the 17th.

I'd like to try getting the same campsites we had the first time. Were you able to get those because you were there early or did you reserve them before hand?

-- John

NC_VX
03/18/2004, 08:22 AM
I'm in, arriving Friday day with a tent for two and my dog. I'll be staying through Sunday.

Attending:
me and a guest
Dog

Look forward to seeing you all there!

johnnyapollo
03/20/2004, 07:57 AM
I've posted the event on the Calendar. The official meet day is Saturday April 17th. The whole weekend is open for VXers as participants will begin arriving (with Carl to set up) on the 15th, leaving the campgrounds on the 18th.

-- Best, John

Radiologue
03/20/2004, 10:15 AM
Anyone for hitting up Tone for a supercharger sale for the event?

carlymac
03/23/2004, 09:28 AM
Heres the latest for the VX'ers who wish to camp at the meet. The sites are $19-$21 per night and there is a $2-$4 per vehicle park pass required for any vehicle at the park. I will make reservations on Friday April 2nd to ensure everyone interested has a site. Again, we can have two tents per site, two vehicles per site and up to six people per site.
I have NC_VX down for FRI night and Sat night, one tent, two people and a dog.
Anyone who wants me to reserve their sites ahead of time and try to get all the sites ajoining please post or PM me before Friday April 2nd. I need the site requests ASAP so I can figure out how many sites we'll need for each night...carlymac

NC_VX
03/23/2004, 09:32 AM
and you will all get to see my new vehicle:
http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=3568&size=big&papass=&sort=1

johnnyapollo
03/23/2004, 11:05 AM
I'll be there Friday night as well through sunday morning (just me with some mods to install~).

-- John

skullcap
03/28/2004, 10:06 PM
I plan on being there overnight, Friday.

I might stay Saturday evening, or roll-up the road to Hot Springs, NC where I've found a little paradise in the Pisgah National Forest.

Might be a good place to host a future meet. 3.5 hours from Atlanta and connected to scenic Highway 209 with turns that put elbows to the test.

carlymac
03/29/2004, 06:45 AM
I've got: NC_VX (2+dog) and Johnnyapollo (1+mods) staying friday-sunday. And skullcap stayng friday night and possibly saturday.

REMINDER!!
I'll be making the reservations THIS friday. So if your interested in camping please let me know ASAP!! carlymac;Do;

skullcap
03/29/2004, 07:44 AM
Oh, and anyone who wants to know what the PV-2 sounds like, bring your earplugs and a sense of humor. ;Db;

niv_d
03/29/2004, 04:05 PM
Hi guys, it’s been a long time…
As you said Heraclid, for about 4 months I was commuting to the Jersey/NYC area and a month ago I moved up to NYC (temporarily hopefully…). I would love to meet all of you guys again but it seems like this time the drive would just be too long. After a month almost here I’m actually at the point where I’m considering selling my beloved VX. It just doesn’t make sense to have 2 cars here in the City and my wife’s car is the more practical one, now that we are 3 (My daughter will be 11 month when ya’ll meet). It took me 3 parking ticket to understand how street parking works around here. Unfortunately, I only get to drive the VX in order to move it from one side of the street to the other….I still didn’t decide yet about letting go just because the VX is not a logical decision at first place.
It’s been great last year and hopefully I’ll have the chance to meet ya’ll in the future.
Have fun!

Heraclid
03/29/2004, 06:22 PM
Oh no!

I'll be up there the week after Memorial Day visiting my brother, so if you're still around there then we could maybe meet up. Too bad about the VX.... :-(

johnnyapollo
03/30/2004, 03:32 AM
Looks like BigMike it coming up with his new Axiom. I sent him an email to see which nights for you Carl. Do you know if Tom is still coming?

-- John

carlymac
03/30/2004, 06:56 AM
I spoke to Gruven last week and he seemed hyped. I think he's hammering a few things out at work so he can make it. I'll call him in a day or two to make road trip plans..

The campers seem to be WAY to quiet. come on gang speak up!

carlymac
04/01/2004, 12:17 PM
John, I tried to send you an email but it was returned.
I just (today) got subpoenaed into federal court on Apirl 13th! for a narcotics trafficing charge I made two years ago. I spent all morning with the District Attorney General and he is going to offer a plea bargan but doubts the defendants attorney will accept. This means I'll be in court on the April 13th and most likely through the end of that week. The DEA adopted the case and did a controlled delivery of the dope to its destination in Richmond,VA so there are several agencies involved. This could take several days to hear. So I think it would be best if someone else takes the reins on the Black Rock Meet. Please think about it and maybe talk to Dyanni to find a new point man. I'm sick about this but I can't circumnavigate a federal subpoena. If the defense accepts the plea I can come down on friday but this guy is facing 5-15 years and I expect his counsel will play the legal game to the fullest...SICKENED...carlymac

johnnyapollo
04/01/2004, 03:01 PM
Hey Carl,

Do you want to try for a different weekend? What's your schedule like earlier, or we could move it to another date.

Or if there are a lot of people already committed I can take the reigns. What does the group think?

-- Best, John

NC_VX
04/01/2004, 03:16 PM
I am going to a meet in Indiana on the 24th, but if we did a meet here instead, that is definitely a lot closer. I just found out I need to fly to Chicago for work and am leaving the 18th at 8am, so I have to leave Saturday night to go back to Chapel Hill.... I've got other stuff I can be doing this weekend, so I've got no problem moving it, but will also still go if someone else takes the reigns!!!

skullcap
04/01/2004, 05:23 PM
I'm in Phoenix, Arizona - April 12-16. Portland, Oregon April 21-29.

So far, May looks pretty open until the 27th, when I head to South Africa for 3-weeks.

I'd chime-in on the coordination for the weekend of the 17th, but am already up to my ears in obligations.

:rolleyes:

Heraclid
04/01/2004, 06:35 PM
A date change could make my attendance more feasible too. If April 17 holds, I'll have to skip this one.

Alex, South Africa, eh? Interestingly, my Dad said that of all the places he got to see in the Navy (Africa, Turkey, Italy, Japan, Spain), that was the most scenic and his favorite. I also have some interest in the history of the area, and it's a good place to look for great white sharks. :-)

skullcap
04/01/2004, 07:01 PM
Yeah, was planning on a vacation, but HQ caught wind of my trip and asked me to do some government-government reconnaissance in Pretoria, then doing an elephant-back photo safari on a private reserve east of Pretoria, then on down to Cape Town for a week, including a canopy tour, then to Hermanus to see the whales. I've got to brush-up on my Afrikaans!;Db;

Heraclid
04/01/2004, 08:02 PM
That's cool - I'd love to check out several of their national parks. I'm sort of into the Zulu stuff (Shaka is buried somewhere under Couper Street near the limits of Stanger, Natal). Also would like to visit Ranthambhor and Corbett in India. And the Gir Forest, with India's only lion population. Oh, and Tsavo in Africa. And Dudhwa, in India (Arjan Singh's "Tiger Haven")...

Nets or not, I wouldn't swim off Durban Beach. :-)

johnnyapollo
04/01/2004, 08:18 PM
What do you guys think of moving the meet to later in the summer then? I know some of the group took off from work and stuff and I wouldn't want to dissappoint. If there's still some people who want to meet we can do something - I'd love to get larger participation though, and maybe moving it will give us that. Thoughts?

-- John

NC_VX
04/02/2004, 05:15 AM
I love the summers on the east coast and I bet Black Rock Mountain will be awesome that time of year. It would work better on my schedule, then I could get more mod's installed!!!

johnnyapollo
04/02/2004, 07:51 AM
If we're all in agreement, I'd say to postpone the meet until the summer. Of the people who have committed to coming, can I get a show of virtual hands?

-- Best, John

VehiP&J
04/02/2004, 08:23 AM
not one that commited to go but, I wasn't going to make this one. But later in the summer I probally can make it.

carlymac
04/02/2004, 12:17 PM
Another full day with the D.A.
John if you and the others want to postpone I maybe can make the next one. But don't change on the account of me. I believe I'll be on our boatpatrol unit this summer but let me know and if it's not a huge water holiday (ie...4th july,labor day) I can usually swap shifts

gruven
04/02/2004, 05:52 PM
Hi Gang,

Sorry about late reply- I'm off in WI right now...

carlymac- I personally don't think it would be "Black Rock II" if you were not there. ..

I don't like the idea of cancelling the meet (as I need an excuse to spend some time in a tent BAD) but it also seems as though the kharmic forces are not in proper alignment with this one.

Postpone? I am sure the leaves are beautiful in the fall there.....

I'm OK with moving- let's just not forget! BRII must happen!!!!

-gruven:supercool

Joe_Black
04/02/2004, 08:22 PM
Been off the board for a while and just got back from CCNA bootcamp (my brain hurts!) to find out I wouldn't be able to make the original date (04.17) due to work. Soooo, a re-schedule would make me all kinds of happy 'cause I was majorly into making this meet. Got another RallyCross on May 15th, so anything else works for me as long as the dates are advance enough for me to threaten my co-workers.;Do;

johnnyapollo
04/03/2004, 09:24 AM
OK - it's settled then. What month would work best for everyone for a reschedule? I would think sometime this summer would be best. June maybe?

-- Best, John

geshaw30
04/04/2004, 10:06 AM
Keeping an eye on this thread. I'll be in Brevard (NC) this again summer for the usual trek to visit dear ol' mom. It's just south of Asheville in Pisgh. Should be there for a week or so. I know most of the areas' logging trails inside & out while photographing over 50 waterfalls (cheap hobby)...I might be of some "expedition" help if I'm there when y'all are. George
________
AIRSOFT SHOTGUN (http://airsoft-shop.info/tag/airsoft-shotgun)

skullcap
04/05/2004, 09:35 PM
Well, I plan on spending the weekend of the 17th in my new-found oasis of Hot Springs, NC. Just about two hours above Black Rock.

The weekend of the 17th is also Trail Fest in Hot Springs, celebrating the hoards of hikers visiting from along the Appalachain Trail, which runs down main street and crosses the scenic French Broad River on the edge of town.

So far, the locals report mine as being the only VX that has made an appearance on Main Street, anyone else care to join in and show-up all those little Soobie Outbacks and Foresters?;Dy;

NC_VX
04/06/2004, 04:05 PM
Skullcap, I'm in! I can come in early Saturday and need to return saturday evening cause I am flying to Chicago bright and early Sunday morning. whats the plan and details? What would be a good time to meet? I have a 4 hour commute, so I may want to leave Friday night instead and either go have way and get a hotel or camp somewhere close!

skullcap
04/06/2004, 04:49 PM
I'm not planning anything formally, but The Duckett House B&B is one place to start. If you ask for Frank or Brian, tell them you're associated with me and maybe they can give you a good deal on lodging: http://www.ducketthouseinn.com/

The Bridge Street Inn and Café is another good bet on Main Street. They've only got 4- rooms, but the kibbles are highly recommended. In fact, make reservations for dinner on the creek-side deck and tell Jay or Steve that Alex sent you. http://www.bridgestreetcafe.com/

Nearby, the Forest Service operates a very scenic seasonal campground on Hwy 209 at the Rocky Bluff gorge (828) 622-3202.

Otherwise, the Hot Springs have a campground on the banks of the French Broad River and, of course, Asheville is full of options and night-life and a close 40 minute drive.

For more information about the Hot Springs & Trailfest go to: http://www.hotspringsnc.org/

P.S. If you want to relax in the Hot Springs, I highly recommend reserving your tub in advance of your trip. On weekends, tubs are available until midnight.

NC_VX
04/06/2004, 06:49 PM
Damn, I was'nt thinking anything formal either! This place seems cool. What the heck are you talking about reserving hot springs? I just want to go wheeling and play outside, maybe with my dog, but if there are outdoor springs, might be worth taking a look!

skullcap
04/06/2004, 07:49 PM
Perhaps now you'll understand my new-found addiction to this place. There aren't too many towns where Main Street shares the Appalachian Trail, after crossing an excellent whitewater river where a 103-degree natural hot spring bubbles-up into 12 open-air jacuzzi tubs tucked discretely into a forest.

Oh yeah, it's on the Tennessee border, so there are two national forests (Pisgah and Cherokee) and a few good muddin' roads. For those not interested in slopping-up their ride, SR 209 is one of NC's most scenic rural roads. A 30 minute drive south on 209 and you'll lose count of the hairpins as you ascend through classic Appalachia to Max Patch, a grassy-bald - with a 360 degree view of the Smokies and Blue Ridge Mountains - where zepplins once brought socialites to visit the spas in Hot Springs on their way to the Vanderbilt's Biltmore Estate in Asheville.

No, I don't even work for the Chamber of Commerce!;Dy;

Except that there is only one gas station and one DIY car-wash bay, I swear, it's THE perfect place for a southeastern states meet :thumbup:

Oh, and I have word there might be a secluded cabin available on Deer Park Mountain that sleeps up to 3 couples for $125 per night for the first couple, and $25 for each additional person.

Heraclid
04/06/2004, 08:12 PM
I love that whole area. Try to go back whenever I can, most recently last October for our anniversary. Toured the Biltmore and that was neat, but just love the area in general. Good for the soul.

skullcap
04/06/2004, 09:01 PM
If a move to Washington DC weren't already in my cards, I'd consider taking an oath of humility and moving to that oasis full of hippies and hillbillies! :freek:

I can't promise it, just yet, but I'd love to entertain holding a meet in Hot Springs. I've made a few friends in their little business community that would likely make ours a memorable and repeatable event.

Did I bother to mention how much fun driving my Ebony machine has been around Hot Springs, both on and off the pavement, as well as in the snow? Blow past a deicing truck and snow plow just once in a VX and you'll understand ;Db;

Joe_Black
04/08/2004, 05:11 PM
So, like, is there an "official" date? ;pg; Just getting calendar-anxious, no rush...

skullcap
04/08/2004, 11:11 PM
I'm certainly willing to try pulling something together for the weekend of the 16th- 18th, since there will be plenty to entertain ourselves with in Hot Springs.

After that, my schedule gets tight, though I am hoping to make it to Ft. Meade in mid-May.

NC_VX
04/16/2004, 06:47 AM
Guys, it looks like we're all on our own for this weekend. Its probably better, I am moving the end of htis month and getting preasure from friends and family that I am shirking my responsibilities for entertainment.... NO, not me!!!!

Besides, three mods to complette: Still don't have my CB installed, Trunk popper, muffler, or tint..... Very minor stuff, but I want to have my VX all shiny when she meets her brothers and sisters!!!!

Catch ya'll later!

dyanni
04/18/2004, 06:52 AM
So - where's everybody at! :)

Ok - so you moved it. My ability to plan a day and stick to it died 2 years ago. I finally have a weekend in town, and dang it - I'm driving to Black Rock. ok, so it's only 2 miles away - I'll get over the trip. Johnny, post when the next one will be, and I'll try to make it. This summer, I've got a week in Kansas City,KS - one in Richmond, VA - one in NYC, NY - and two in Washington DC in June for sure, and maybe 1 week in Dublin, OH. So chances are slim, but I'll try.