PDA

View Full Version : Moab VX-Only Run

Baxman
03/07/2004, 11:53 AM
Event (posted by VX crazy)
Subject: VX ONLY Run....
Event Info: Todd A has gratiously agreed to lead VXes only on another Moab run - please post your trail suggestions. Elephant Hill would be great if it is still open.....

This message has been posted under upcoming events but has not been in a place where replies can be made.

I hope that VX crazy doesn't know something that we don't: "...if it's still open..."

E-Hill is a great choice because the VX is suited for its very tight switchbacks. The 3.5 rated trail can easily be negotiated by even a novice off-roader in a VX. And, is there any other Isuzu that would be as much fun on the 75 mile highway trek to the trailhead? I'd like to see us do E-Hill for the VX-Only run, leaving early enough to Visit Hell's (The Devil's?) Kitchen, the Joint Trail (a great hike to a very cool cavern), and the River Confluence Viewpoint. Challenging, but undamaging obstacles include S.O.B. Hill, Squeeze Play, Silver Staircase and Coors Hill (IIRC).

Baxman
03/11/2004, 06:34 PM
Well, dang, Todd, looks like its going to be just you an' me, buddy! :confused:

nocturnalVX
03/12/2004, 05:19 AM
Hey Rick,
I'm not even sure I'll be able to make Moab this year. :cryy: I hope everything works out so that it'll happen, but I can't commit to anything right now. However, I have not done this trail... so I say good choice! Hope you're doing well, and hope to see you in May.